Newbie Guide to looking for Garmin Maps other than MSM

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

jasonlee
Senior Mapper
GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2576R, 3560 & Etrex 30

Re: Map of Perth Australia

#631 Post by jasonlee » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:46 pm

eyke wrote:
jasonlee wrote: Yes, 2 things.

1. Check the map you want to search.

2. Change location to somewhere in Australia if you wish to search for an Australian address
ok thanks, have done both the above and also turned GPS Simulator on,
but when tried to search for "Address" it still says "No Map Data Available".
anything else to try?

i can manually scroll to the street i want to search for...

thanks in advance!
My last shot:

Have you unchecked all other maps of Australia?

If you have done all that, I would suspect something wrong with the map. Either it needs to be downloaded again or you need to use a different map.
Lean not on your own understanding

enrisa
GPS: spore

Re: Newbie Guide to looking for Garmin Maps other than MSM

#632 Post by enrisa » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:25 pm

Hi,

I've been reading the forum replies here for guidance but i'm still stuck. I just got a Nuvi 2567 and it's preloaded with Singapore/Malaysia and Brunei Maps.

I manage to download OSM Queensland map which comes in 4 img files. The first thing I did was create a /garmin folder and loaded all the 4 files. I can see this under my map setting but when i try to change country, i can't change to queensland (only S, M B letters are enabled on the keypad).

I read around and some said I was suppose to load a gmapsupp.img file and it should be a single file. Since my QLD map came in 4, I then downloaded OSM combiner to combine into 1 file and created a gmapsupp.img file. I deleted the 4 img files and loaded the gmapsupp.img file but i still can't search anything queensland related nor change country.

i'm stumped. where did i go wrong? appreciate your guidance.

jasonlee
Senior Mapper
GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2576R, 3560 & Etrex 30

Re: Newbie Guide to looking for Garmin Maps other than MSM

#633 Post by jasonlee » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:42 pm

enrisa wrote:Hi,

I've been reading the forum replies here for guidance but i'm still stuck. I just got a Nuvi 2567 and it's preloaded with Singapore/Malaysia and Brunei Maps.

I manage to download OSM Queensland map which comes in 4 img files. The first thing I did was create a /garmin folder and loaded all the 4 files. I can see this under my map setting but when i try to change country, i can't change to queensland (only S, M B letters are enabled on the keypad).

I read around and some said I was suppose to load a gmapsupp.img file and it should be a single file. Since my QLD map came in 4, I then downloaded OSM combiner to combine into 1 file and created a gmapsupp.img file. I deleted the 4 img files and loaded the gmapsupp.img file but i still can't search anything queensland related nor change country.

i'm stumped. where did i go wrong? appreciate your guidance.
To change location, the first thing you need to do is to switch off the GPS receiver to use it indoors only. As you did not mention that you did that, did you do it? If not try again after switching off the satellite receiver.

Switching off the Satellite receiver may be stated differently for different models and may be GPS OFF instead of Normal or may be switching on the GPS Simulator.
Lean not on your own understanding