Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:22 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:27 am 
Offline
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:37 pm
Posts: 2738
Location: Hougang, Sg
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
petrolhd wrote:
Hi Bros,
I have a problem of slow satellite aquisition after driving out of a covered car park. It takes 6 to 7 mins to get to the 3rd bar. Is this normal. Otherwise the malsinmaps and poi's are excellent and this thing is a gem to use.

Oh BTW i have a 200W with the following firmware:

Software Version 2.90
Audio Version 2.20
GPS SW version 3.00s

Thanks.


A lot of time, how long it takes to acquire satellite depends largely on when was the last time you used your Nuvi. If it is a day of more ago, it will probably take longer but other factors also must be taken into consideration e.g. surrounded by tall buildings, thick foliage, inclement weather, etc. This is what is called "cold start". If the last time you used your set was a few hours ago, chances you get a "hot start" whereby your set should acquire satellite within a few minutes.

_________________
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: No Satellite Signal
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:23 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:18 am
Posts: 7
GPS: Nuvi 360
Dear All,

My Garmin Nuvi360 is giving me problem recently, satellite signal are not detected, is there anyway to fix it?
I have been trying numbers of method but it still would not work... :cry:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Satellite Signal
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:32 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:32 am
Posts: 1
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 610
Let's hope it's not bricked. Have you tried resetting using the Reset button behind the antenna flap? How about bringing it back to the shop?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Satellite Signal
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:38 am 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:41 am
Posts: 740
Location: SG
GPS: Nuvi 200W, Omnia II + GMXT
allancylee wrote:
Dear All,

My Garmin Nuvi360 is giving me problem recently, satellite signal are not detected, is there anyway to fix it?
I have been trying numbers of method but it still would not work... :cry:

Bro, under what circumstances when your unit failed to detect the satellite signal ?
(Joking only) :must be at night lah, the satellites also need to sleep mah ! :mrgreen:

_________________
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercises & Good Deeds


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Satellite Signal
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:41 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:18 am
Posts: 7
GPS: Nuvi 360
alanwee wrote:
Let's hope it's not bricked. Have you tried resetting using the Reset button behind the antenna flap? How about bringing it back to the shop?


I try everything as instructed from the website..but it still does not work...
I need to send it back to US... :ko:

do you know is there website do have this kind of troubleshooting?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Satellite Signal
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:45 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:18 am
Posts: 7
GPS: Nuvi 360
SOSweet wrote:
allancylee wrote:
Dear All,

My Garmin Nuvi360 is giving me problem recently, satellite signal are not detected, is there anyway to fix it?
I have been trying numbers of method but it still would not work... :cry:

Bro, under what circumstances when your unit failed to detect the satellite signal ?
(Joking only) :must be at night lah, the satellites also need to sleep mah ! :mrgreen:


Bro, when I power on the button the unit should have detected the signal within 1 min or 2...
This incident happen while I was traveling during CNY... that time it still work while I was going up to Cameron Highlands.....and the next day that's it can't detect the signal anymore.. ](*,)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Satellite Signal
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:52 am 
Offline
Community POI leader
Community POI leader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:43 am
Posts: 436
GPS: nil
allancylee wrote:
Bro, when I power on the button the unit should have detected the signal within 1 min or 2...
This incident happen while I was traveling during CNY... that time it still work while I was going up to Cameron Highlands.....and the next day that's it can't detect the signal anymore.. ](*,)


Oh, sorry to hear this.
So you mean there is not a single satellite signal detected at all? Did you get any bolded bands?

_________________
Everyone contribute a bit, eventually we can enjoy and benefit more in our navigation. :thumbsup:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Satellite Signal
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:39 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:18 am
Posts: 7
GPS: Nuvi 360
edgarchen wrote:
allancylee wrote:
Bro, when I power on the button the unit should have detected the signal within 1 min or 2...
This incident happen while I was traveling during CNY... that time it still work while I was going up to Cameron Highlands.....and the next day that's it can't detect the signal anymore.. ](*,)


Oh, sorry to hear this.
So you mean there is not a single satellite signal detected at all? Did you get any bolded bands?


huh..no choice bad luck... :-({|=

Yes, not a single signal, basically I was not able to see any satellite and is all bolded bands...


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Satellite Signal
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:49 am 
Offline
Community POI leader
Community POI leader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:43 am
Posts: 436
GPS: nil
Well, if it under warranty, get it back to the retailer, to have it fixed FOC.

If not you may have to courier it over to Garmin Taiwan for repair.
Cheers.

_________________
Everyone contribute a bit, eventually we can enjoy and benefit more in our navigation. :thumbsup:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Satellite Signal
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:57 am 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:41 am
Posts: 740
Location: SG
GPS: Nuvi 200W, Omnia II + GMXT
allancylee wrote:
Dear All,
My Garmin Nuvi360 is giving me problem recently, satellite signal are not detected, is there anyway to fix it?
I have been trying numbers of method but it still would not work... :cry:

edgarchen wrote:
Well, if it under warranty, get it back to the retailer, to have it fixed FOC.
If not you may have to courier it over to Garmin Taiwan for repair.
Cheers.

Bro allancylee, If you are staying in SG, I suggest you come down to this Sunday GG in Toa Payoh and see whether any sifu can help you or not.

_________________
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercises & Good Deeds


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group