Newbie Saying Hello to MSM [Pls post your HELLO here]

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

zerko
Regular
Regular
GPS: Mio A201, Nuvi 200, Nuvi 205W

Re: Newbie Saying Hello to MSM [Pls post your HELLO here]

#31 Post by zerko » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:26 pm

hAPPy889 wrote:Hi folks. Just got the Nuvi 200W today. Just started trying to figure things out. A bit frustrated can't get signal at my place. Will try again tomorrow.
Try facing the back of Nuvi towards sky for a few minutes instead of screen up.

calvinkk
GPS: Garmin 660

#32 Post by calvinkk » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:46 pm

Hi everyone,

New to MSM. :D Using Garmin Nuvi 660.
"Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted, counts"

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM

#33 Post by Redstorm » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:51 pm

calvinkk wrote:Hi everyone,

New to MSM. :D Using Garmin Nuvi 660.
Welcome to MSM, bro calvinkk. For a start, I suggest you read the wiki. It contains tons of information on how this forum operates and other GPS thingy. Don't forget to shout if you still have doubts after reading it. C ya. :mrgreen:
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

cheongwo
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 200

#34 Post by cheongwo » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:16 am

hi bros, new to malsingmaps. Recently got myself an i-mate phone with inbuilt qualcomm gps. Have tried using gpsproxy and garmin que for GPS10. However, still have problems getting it to work. Any ideas from the seniors here?

kedahstorm
GPS: Garmin NUVI 200W

#35 Post by kedahstorm » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:23 am

Oops, already a mistake. I posted my introduction hello as a seperate topic, my apologies. so here goes in the correct section.

Hello MSM,

A new newbie here. Even had to do a google on what POI meant which I read on my first newbie page on your forum Found your site from my new GARMIN NUVI 200W which I purchased yesterday here in Penang. I will be reading the WIKI, as I have seen recommended numerous times to newbies.

My new purchase came with pre-installed Masling maps. Is this the norm for Malaysia? Im from the U.K but spend about half year here and thought the Nuvi 200W would be most helpful esp around KL. But I notice even simple things like GO TO/INPUT STATE-PROVINCE doesnt work, nor does the input address option by putting in names of street. Anyhow I'll do some reading first then if I need some answers I'll be back.

This site looks a really good find. Keep up the good work =D>

Kedahstorm

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#36 Post by cruiser » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:33 am

kedahstorm wrote:Oops, already a mistake. I posted my introduction hello as a seperate topic, my apologies. so here goes in the correct section.

Hello MSM,

A new newbie here. Even had to do a google on what POI meant which I read on my first newbie page on your forum Found your site from my new GARMIN NUVI 200W which I purchased yesterday here in Penang. I will be reading the WIKI, as I have seen recommended numerous times to newbies.

This site looks a really good find. Keep up the good work =D>

Kedahstorm

:welcome: to the Forum...Bro Kedahstorm, the good weather brought you here eventually... with or without the GPS??? :mrgreen:

Below in my signature field are helpful links to steer you there...all the best and enjoy the sights... many talk about in the UK, you are fortunate to be with the exotic front in Malaysia itself and sitting on the Pearl most of all!! :thumbsup:

Hotels & Lodgings ~ Cheaper Rentals ~ Invest in Resort Condos & Villas ~ Investment Tours ~ PayPal Calculator
Image ~ Tournaments << Black Mountain Golf & Realty >> Animation – Interested? Contact at this >> Email.
>> WiKi-2-Submit-4-Unlock Codes or >> WiKi Basics or >> WiKi on PDA + BT ~ Nuvi Tutorial ~ I use GlareStomper® Shades
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

nukelite
GPS: Malaysia

#37 Post by nukelite » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:27 am

hi all

dewajiwa
GPS: Garmin 60CSx

#38 Post by dewajiwa » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:58 am

:mrgreen: hi guys.

i'm a newbie here. this is my first post.
i'm from JB and as stated, i'm using the Garmin's 60CSx and i hope can get along with all the senior here. i'm so happy to be around. cheers guys.

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

#39 Post by bartmp8 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:44 pm

Welcome Cheongwo, Kedahstorm, Nukelite & Dewajiwa

:welcome: Take some time and patience to read thru some of the posts (topics) in
Newbie Lounge and other Sub-forum. Give the wiki a go. Do your homework first and if you
are still stuck, don't be afraid to ask.

ahbahari
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 200 v3.4; eTrex Vista HCx + PC mobile Re Radiating antenna

#40 Post by ahbahari » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:51 pm

Welcome welcome welcome to all new and future member...

Hope you could benefit as much as I do from MSM

:rokz:
Come on Gunners..