Garmin GVN 53/Kenwood GPS General Questions

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
ahchek
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:32 pm
GPS: Internal, TyTnII
Contact:

Re: how install step by step map in kna-431 kenwood?

#41 Post by ahchek » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:07 am

ansh wrote:The postings below may solve your map installation and more ....

http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... =4&t=17555
Is this a perfect step-by-step guide? Why no longer valid? Please advise.

User avatar
bartmp8
Senior Mapper
Posts: 3132
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:35 pm
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
Location: Sandakan
Contact:

Re: how install step by step map in kna-431 kenwood?

#42 Post by bartmp8 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:48 pm

ahchek wrote:
Is this a perfect step-by-step guide? Why no longer valid? Please advise.
I think that topic has been deleted.

hksho
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:08 pm
GPS: Kenwood DNX5360
Contact:

Kenwood 5360 Garmin GPS

#43 Post by hksho » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:40 pm

Hello,
My Mitsubitshi come with a Kenwood 5360 with Garmin GPS, the map seem old, how can I update to latest.

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4925
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: Kenwood 5360 Garmin GPS

#44 Post by SilverBeauty » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:05 pm

You may like to refer to this thread http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... it=Kenwood

w3if3ng
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:16 pm
GPS: Kenwood ddx-8032bt (HU) with Kenwood KNA-G431 (garmin GPS module)
Contact:

Re: Garmin GVN 53/Kenwood GPS General Questions

#45 Post by w3if3ng » Fri May 03, 2019 4:31 pm

Hi, good afternoon all

Just got a second hand to in-car navigation system (Kenwood ddx8032bt & K-GNA 431 GPS module). However, the maps in the GPS module are very outdated.

Understand that i could download the updated map (https://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/view ... 1&start=20) from the download thread but i also read that the map requires password to unlock. So would like to clarify what can i do the get the unlock keys.

Thanks for reading. :)

User avatar
miezarnd
Senior Mapper
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:24 am
GPS: Yang dalam kereta punya
https://goo.gl/XBdH3k
Location: Puncak Alam, SEL
Contact:

Re: Garmin GVN 53/Kenwood GPS General Questions

#46 Post by miezarnd » Fri May 03, 2019 10:38 pm

Hi w3if3ng,

You can download the latest map from here. No unlock code needed. Please backup you old map in the SD card before copy the new map.
w3if3ng wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:31 pm
Hi, good afternoon all

Just got a second hand to in-car navigation system (Kenwood ddx8032bt & K-GNA 431 GPS module). However, the maps in the GPS module are very outdated.

Understand that i could download the updated map (https://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/view ... 1&start=20) from the download thread but i also read that the map requires password to unlock. So would like to clarify what can i do the get the unlock keys.

Thanks for reading. :)
Temerloh - Sekinchan - Sg. Puyu = 7
2575LM / 3790 / 4592LM / GPSMAP 64s / Montana 650
Jalan-jalan cari makan

w3if3ng
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:16 pm
GPS: Kenwood ddx-8032bt (HU) with Kenwood KNA-G431 (garmin GPS module)
Contact:

Re: Garmin GVN 53/Kenwood GPS General Questions

#47 Post by w3if3ng » Sun May 05, 2019 10:58 am

Hi miezarnd

Thank you for the clarification. Will backup the original file before loading the new map.

Pardon me but would you mind providing some reference on the updating process?

Thanks!
miezarnd wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:38 pm
Hi w3if3ng,

You can download the latest map from here. No unlock code needed. Please backup you old map in the SD card before copy the new map.
w3if3ng wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:31 pm
Hi, good afternoon all

Just got a second hand to in-car navigation system (Kenwood ddx8032bt & K-GNA 431 GPS module). However, the maps in the GPS module are very outdated.

Understand that i could download the updated map (https://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/view ... 1&start=20) from the download thread but i also read that the map requires password to unlock. So would like to clarify what can i do the get the unlock keys.

Thanks for reading. :)

User avatar
miezarnd
Senior Mapper
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:24 am
GPS: Yang dalam kereta punya
https://goo.gl/XBdH3k
Location: Puncak Alam, SEL
Contact:

Re: Garmin GVN 53/Kenwood GPS General Questions

#48 Post by miezarnd » Sun May 05, 2019 6:04 pm

Hi...

The instruction is there in the map download section for first time map download...
Temerloh - Sekinchan - Sg. Puyu = 7
2575LM / 3790 / 4592LM / GPSMAP 64s / Montana 650
Jalan-jalan cari makan

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests