Need advise: Going to Malaysia's Port dickson this weekend

Share your holidays and points of interest during your travels. It could also be a spot you stumbled on your way to work.

Moderator: Moderators

jquah
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin 60Csx

Re: Need advise: Going to Malaysia's Port dickson this weekend

#11 Post by jquah » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:06 pm

Have decided to spend a week (5-6days) in malaysia for holiday.

My 1st stop will be Port Dickson.

From the web, Glory Beach Resort look OK, near town, cheap and business class, anyone stay there before and comments ?

Maybe stay there for 2 night, then move on to KL or malacca. Is sunway or mine resort or malacca nearest ? Recommendation ?

Looking for value ... great promotion ... MY bro and sis, your help are needed !!! :prayer:
:tq: :tq: :tq: :tq: :tq: :tq: :tq: :tq: :tq: :tq: :tq: :tq: :tq: :tq: :hungry: =D> =P~

stimix
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nokia N78 (Garmin MXT for Navi & Racechrono for tracking)

#12 Post by stimix » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:39 pm

Glory Beach located North of PD town. Not really on famous beach & the beach is not clean...U probably wanted to try Bayu beach resort, Avilion or Gouman rather than Glory. ..BTW, PD has lost it's lust..no more clear water & etc..it's just act as nearest beach resort for KL ppl...Singapore side hv better beaches such as those in Desaru /towards Mersing..

Melaka should be ur 1st stop b4 PD. not KL! Melaka is closest to SG compare to others..Sunway Resort is a copycat of Sun City of South Africa. wth theme park (Sunway Lagoon) & shopping complex (Sunway Pyramid) built-in. It's located on the Western side of KL. at Bdr Sunway end of Petaling Jaya.

Mines resort...Ehhh still there huh? :-k is a smaller urban resort located at the edge of ex-largest open tin mine in the world (Sg Besi Tin Mine.)..Actually if u hv $$ go for Palace of Golden Horses...also close by & by the same owner. nearby u can take a ferry ride to the Mines shopping Mall opposite the resort....arriving at the man-made river inside the mall itself.

BTW, all these are inside malsingmaps... :mrgreen:

jquah
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin 60Csx

#13 Post by jquah » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:05 pm

:tq: Bro stimix.

Will follow everyone advice, stay in PD Avillon, then go Golden Horse :$gone: . It should be a nice holiday.

TravisJenkins
GPS: 4800

Re: Need advise: Going to Malaysia's Port dickson this week

#14 Post by TravisJenkins » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:02 am

Sorry to post on an old thread but I just want to know if what are the other famous places near Port Dickson. I decided to post here rather than posting a new thread. I am just a newbie so its more easier for me to just post on threads. I also have plans to visit Malaysia and Port Dickson is our first stop. I'll be going to Kuala Lumpur and Georgetown Penang for the next day. Thank you and have a good day.

wblee
GPS: Sumsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Nova 2i

Re: Need advise: Going to Malaysia's Port dickson this week

#15 Post by wblee » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:36 pm

Sepang gold coast. you may search for the details.