Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:10 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:55 pm 
Great Travel Bum
Great Travel Bum

GPS: Nokia E52
I visited Klang Sentral today to take a look at the bus terminal, which to me is handy to have in my future neighbourhood.

There are 2 terminals: A (for express buses and local buses, left) and B (for Kelang-KL). Separated by Petronas Gas reserve land, I don't think it's going to be convenient for passengers transferring between the terminals.

Close-up of Terminal A.

I'm more keen on the express bus terminal, since I expect relatives coming to visit will be using this facility. Nice design, but lack of ample car-park bothers me. So expect parkers to leave cars indiscriminately along the main roads around the terminals.

Parking bays for the buses. I was expecting to see the platform extending to the side of the bus for easy boarding by old folks and handicapped.

Close-up of the platform. Note the metal steps for passengers boarding bus.

On the platform, looking at the bays.

Interior, with gleaming metal seats installed.

Spacious and airy. On a crowded night, I'm not too sure how it'll be. Just hoping the air-conditioning would be up to it.

The gas reserve land between the 2 terminals. That's a hassle.

===

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:39 pm 
Great Travel Bum
Great Travel Bum

GPS: Nokia E52
December 24, 2008 18:31 PM

Klang Sentral Bus Services Start Saturday

KLANG, Dec 24 (Bernama) -- Stage and express bus companies and taxi operators have agreed to start operation from the newly completed bus terminal in Jalan Meru on Saturday, said Klang Municipal Council (MPK) councillor Razali Hassan.

He said simultaneously, the Klang Utara Bus Terminal in Jalan Pos Baharu and the Express Bus and Taxi Terminal in Lorong Kepayang would cease operation.

The council has decided to shift the old terminals operation to Klang Sentral as the new RM300 million terminal had met its (MPK) specifications, he told reporters after the MPK full council meeting here today.

"Maybe the developer, NPO Development has to rectify one or two defects. But it will not affect the opening of the terminal at Klang Sentral as bus and taxi owners have agreed to relocate their operation there," he said.

Bus and taxi owners had earlier defied the council's order to move to the new terminal by Dec 1 following confusion on new routes and incomplete utilities there.

Located 10km from the town centre, Klang Sentral was built to ease congestion in the town.

Razali, who is also Klang Sentral Bus Terminal Relocation Committee chairman, said water supply to the terminal would be connected in a few days' time.

MPK councillor Jamuliddin Elias said buses and taxis could pick and drop passengers at the Klang Utara Bus Terminal and the Express and Taxi Terminal.

Commenting on refusal by traders to be relocated, he said 12 of 33 traders at the old terminals had agreed to move to Klang Sentral.

-- BERNAMA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:07 am 
Veteran
Veteran

GPS: PAPAGO M9; nuvi 205W
why can't they make it a single terminal for easy interconnecting?
anyway, that's history. they can still make a bridge across that space, can't they?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:43 pm 

GPS: Garmin nĂ¼vi 205W
Our government wanted us to excersise. :-'