Cendol Leman Dawi near Seremban

Share your holidays and points of interest during your travels. It could also be a spot you stumbled on your way to work.

Moderator: Moderators

cflai
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Garmin GPSMAP60Csx
Garmin NUVI 760
Dopod U1000 Mapking

Re: Cendol Leman Dawi near Seremban

#21 Post by cflai » Sun May 10, 2009 1:54 pm

Huh, Cruiser, you and BH coming to Seremban? That sounds great! We will try the cendol together as a family outing, how's that??

Just let me know lah!

drafting88
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 650; eTrex Vista HCx

#22 Post by drafting88 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:35 pm

My family and I were there two weeks ago.

The cendol was great! Plus you get to top it up gratis and not forgetting too the complimentary barley drink which even Mr Leman Dawi suggested to me to tapao.

One other thing which impresses me with this cendol stall is that used crockery is cleaned by immersing it in boiled water. My wife who saw this told me about it after we left the stall.

stimix
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nokia N78 (Garmin MXT for Navi & Racechrono for tracking)

#23 Post by stimix » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:34 am

The only good thing about this cendol is the free refill thingy & also Mr leman's "knows all" about malaysia...

Other than that I find the cendol is so-so only. nothing to shout about. :-&

adilothman
Site Owner
Site Owner
GPS: GPS V,Colo 300, 60CSx, Forerunner 305 & 405, Oregon 300, Nuvi 255W, 1350, 1460, 3790, 62S

#24 Post by adilothman » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:48 am

stimix wrote:The only good thing about this cendol is the free refill thingy & also Mr leman's "knows all" about malaysia...

Other than that I find the cendol is so-so only. nothing to shout about. :-&
Sometimes its strictly an ambience thing doncha think.. a famous place + word of mouth + off the beaten path = a surefire formula to make your brains think that the place is really good. So true of other overrated places as well .. ikan bakar bellamy comes to mind .. the combination of oily face + sweaty armpits and hefty price tag + so-so food makes me think it is overrated.

But then I belum cuba the cendol so i should not comment so much .. :-&
Malsingmaps is now an official partner of Garmin to produce maps for MY, SG & Brunei.

stimix
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nokia N78 (Garmin MXT for Navi & Racechrono for tracking)

#25 Post by stimix » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:40 pm

True also. just like another 2 overrated cendols i.e Jonker 88 & also the Phua Chu kang favorurite Penang Road cendol...Both also failed cendols.. :thumbsdown: :-#

ajay
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: PAPAGO M9; nuvi 205W

#26 Post by ajay » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:21 pm

so which ones u guys can say successful cendol?
ask not (just) what malsingmaps can do for you
ask what you can do for malsingmaps (also)

nyem
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: nuvi

#27 Post by nyem » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:42 pm

Was greeted with "Cendol Habis" signboard when arrived at Leman Dawi's place yesterday :fire:

Popular eating places does not always guarantee the best tasting food. They might once upon a time served great food but the popularity might have caused the food quality to take a dive. Here's some popular food stalls that I can't give high ratings for the food served:
  • Cendol Pak Akob, Seksyen 16, Shah Alam - tried a few times but I still prefer the one behind Masjid Nahdah Al-Islam, Seksyen 18 (N3.05228 E101.52211)
  • Rojak Karim, seksyen 9, Shah Alam - pale in comparison to Rojak Uniten (N2.97815 E101.73035)
  • Lemang Pak Ali, AU5, Keramat - the best lemang for me is Lemang Sakdiah near junction of Jalan Tampin/Seremban-Alor Gajah toll (N2.49683 E102.18133)
  • Goreng Pisang Azmi, Seksyen 19, Shah Alam - I prefer goreng pisang stall at Masjid Unta Seksyen 18, Shah Alam (N3.04522 E101.51920)

ajay
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: PAPAGO M9; nuvi 205W

#28 Post by ajay » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:27 pm

i love masjid tanah cendol in front of KFC. but it seems it's no longer there the last few times i visited the town ](*,)
ask not (just) what malsingmaps can do for you
ask what you can do for malsingmaps (also)

Bliss_glory
GPS: malaysia

Seremban . zareen cendol, senawang- best one!

#29 Post by Bliss_glory » Mon May 09, 2011 12:27 am

i think the best cendol i've had in Negeri Sembilan is Zareen cendol in seremban. :thumbsup: it is in front of balai bomba of senawang.. i 've tried leman dawi before, but trust me.. it was not so good. maybe the crowd was there because of free refill otherwise, if no promotion as such there will be very few who visits his stall. as for me... if you really want to taste a good tasty cendol, you can drop by at zareen cendol, their stall is small but quite plenty of customers dropping there to sip the cendol.for those who are quite enthusiast of leman dawi cendol they should try zareen cendol to change their perception, i think zareen cendol is the best one i have tasted in seremban. =)

topoguy
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin GPS 60 CSx

#30 Post by topoguy » Mon May 09, 2011 8:19 am

thanks for the info, I have tried neither Leman nor Zareen. will try both next time I'm at Seremban :mrgreen: