Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:10 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:46 pm 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
naim wrote:

> Unable to post [img] lines, so pls click HERE to read the story ... sorry!

Awww... now thats a shame but its good to have alternate locations to view from...!!! :good: and :tq: Naim.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:05 pm 
Great Travel Bum
Great Travel Bum

GPS: Nokia E52
cruiser wrote:
Awww... now thats a shame but its good to have alternate locations to view from...!!! :good: and :tq: Naim.

Thanks, bro, pls read continuation of Cartajima story HERE.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:10 pm 
Site Owner
Site Owner

GPS: GPS V,Colo 300, 60CSx, Forerunner 305 & 405, Oregon 300, Nuvi 255W, 1350, 1460, 3790, 62S

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:18 pm 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
Huh.... apa ini? :rolleyes: You were there too bro Adil??? When was this? :mrgreen:

Last edited by cruiser on Thu May 28, 2009 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:19 pm 
Site Owner
Site Owner

GPS: GPS V,Colo 300, 60CSx, Forerunner 305 & 405, Oregon 300, Nuvi 255W, 1350, 1460, 3790, 62S
Testing img post on behalf of Naim :wink:

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:22 pm 
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:24 pm 
Elite
Elite

:evil: Aaaah I C... I was wondering why and how come you didn't let me know or we can meet too... weather here is creeping up fine now by us... :thumbsup:

I hope the "server" has not contracted the flu and is showing symptoms of haywire with upload a& download speeds... kasi atau gosok minyak kuning di situ...

That snap on the plate with French long beans and large salmon slice looks yummy!!! Pity, they don't have sambal blachan there.... :rolleyes: :-?

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:54 pm 
Great Travel Bum
Great Travel Bum

OK, here goes the Cartajima story ...
Thanks to Adil for fixing the pesky [img] problem. :good:

Cartajima, a White Village in Andalucia (part 1)

We are roaming the mountains west of Malaga, in western Andalusia, southern Spain.

A great fine day and spring is evident everywhere.

We have decided to spend the night in the village of Cartajima, one of the famed 'pueblas blancos' of the mountains of Andalucia ... somewhere on the horizon.

Along a narrow road, we spot the village, nestled between hills of chestnut trees.

A short drive later, we are in the only village square, a cramped patch of space next to the church.

This is a typical Andalucian white village, a legacy of the Arab Moors who ruled Iberia between the 8th and 16th centuries.

A short walk from the car, and there it is, our home for the night.

The owner-manager, Botz, a genial Englishman from Plymouth, is full of tips and stories - he has been here for 5 years.

But first he invites us in for coffee ...

... followed by an invitation to climb the 'ladder' to his terrace, atop the house. Spectacular views all around, and fresh breezy air too.

And there's another white village a few kms away.

I said 'ladder' because that's what we use to move from floor to floor. Definitely not for kids or old folks.

And our comfy bedroom, tucked in this 250-year-old building. Well at least 250, Botz says, but there's a Roman marble at the front door which could easily be 2000 years old!

Apart from phones (both cell and wired), this is the main link to the rest of the world.

I check emails while a group of friends keep me company.

> TO BE CONTINUED

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:55 pm 
Great Travel Bum
Great Travel Bum

Cartajima (part 2)

Host Botz used to be a chef and in no time he puts together a great-looking salmon dinner (except for Sabar, who's no fan of salmons). Well, we emailed him in advance our dietary preference.

I've never had such a tasty salmon steak, washed down with great Iberian coffee, ... or maybe I am just plain famished? But it's a wonderful meal, compliments to Chef Botz, who also sits down with us to have his fish.

Dinner done, we hurriedly go out to see the setting sun.

In failing light, we do a quick village walkabout.

Nice setting, but some dwellings have been abandoned. A global problem this, kids moved to the cities to work, leaving the old folks behind. Soon nobody's left any more. Cartajima now has less than 250 inhabitants, mainly senior citizens.

Rusty intricate balcony railing of a deserted house.

Green logo of 'Junta de Andalucia' - the local Andalucia autonomous community council's office. The villagers' only contact with the government.

Exploring the undulating, twisting cobblestone lanes is very interesting.

We finish off our quick tour of Cartajima at the church, built early 16th century, but still looking great.

> TO BE CONTINUED

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:32 pm 
Elite
Elite

:tq: Naim for the above pics and esp. on that tranquil view over the valley with yr son in it.

We planned to head down for Andalucia again but later then, was there last year too... and will reserve a pooled-Villa so our "bitch" Gaby, can dive in to cool herself if need be... :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next