Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:30 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 691 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 70  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:02 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
qxinz wrote:
HI,

THanks! My garmin managed to recognise the downloaded maps - it appeared in the map page under the map info. Does it mean that it has been successfully uploaded?

Also, in my previous attempt I have tried to download another version of Malsing map onto my Nuvi, and now a msg prompt stating "cannot unlock maps" keeps popping up every time I start up my garmin. Is there any way to remove this pop-up msg?

thanks

Yes, if you can see the particular map you have installed appears in Map Info, it means that you have successfully installed it and can start to use it. A word of caution here, you are to check on only one map which you intend to use. Never check on more than one map otherwise you getting conflicting information during navigation or worse, landed in a wrong place. I believed you are trying to download the MSM NT 2011.20 map which requires an unlock code. So, if you get the "cannot unlock maps" msg, it is either you did not input the unlock code or it is done wrongly.

Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:10 pm 

GPS: nuvi 1100
Hi,

THanks for the advise. So is there any way to remove the "cannot unlock maps" prompt upon start-up?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:22 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
qxinz wrote:
Hi,

THanks for the advise. So is there any way to remove the "cannot unlock maps" prompt upon start-up?

THe only way to remove the "cannot unlock maps" prompt is to remove that particular map that you have downloaded and unable to use. If you still want to use the map, then you gotta get the correct set of unlock code.

Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:21 am 

GPS: nuvi 1100
HI,

thx. Understood. But I don't seem to have the "software" to remove uploaded maps onto my garmin. Can't see the .img files on my garmin on sync with com for me to remove them. Helpless... :(

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:14 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
qxinz wrote:
HI,

thx. Understood. But I don't seem to have the "software" to remove uploaded maps onto my garmin. Can't see the .img files on my garmin on sync with com for me to remove them. Helpless... :(

You should have the tools to remove preloaded maps in your Nuvi ......... use windows explorer to locate the maps and then delete it. That simple.

You have to find out where the map file went when you downloaded it.
( hint : look at the date when you explore via Windows explorer )

And before you do anything elaborate or out of your league, the magic word is BACKUP ( includes hidden system files ) !!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:14 am 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 360
miezarnd wrote:
arjay wrote:
so i just bought my GPS from the States, 1350 model..

I've downloaded the latest map and copied the file "gmapsupp" into the Garmin folder. (i dont have SD card, so i copied it directly to the GPS itself). But then, when i turned on my GPS, i go to Settings -> Map -> Info, i couldn't not find my map.

Can someone help me with this? Much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi arjay,
If you don't have a SD card, you need to create /map folder in your GPS directory & copy the map there. But I strongly suggest that you get yourself microSD card and put MSM maps in:
MSD:/Garmin -> gmapsupp.img
MSD:/Garmin/JCV -> product.jcv

This would enable you to use Junction View function (Note: currently JCV image are in certain area of Klang Valley) which will be added from time to time.

muffler11 wrote:
I have a garmin nuvi 1260T that I purchased from US. I have pasted both .img and .unl files into my Garmin folder. Yet, my garmin could not read the map. Please let me know if you know why it does not work? is it because of the model?

Your unit is for US region and not able to use MSM NT2011.10 which is meant for MY/SG model. You may download MSM compiled maps from viewtopic.php?p=189910#p189910 and follow the instructions on the download page on how to install the map.

Regards,

Dear all,

I have a question - can the both the US nuvi 1350 and 1260T use MSM NT maps to view JV? I am keen to get a US nuvi 1460 but quite concerned whether can I use MSM NT maps.

Thanks guys! :wave:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:02 am 
Senior Mapper

GPS: Yang dalam kereta punya
moccagal wrote:
Dear all,

I have a question - can the both the US nuvi 1350 and 1260T use MSM NT maps to view JV? I am keen to get a US nuvi 1460 but quite concerned whether can I use MSM NT maps.

All Garmin GPS Devices that support junction view may should be able to display MSM NT maps "Junction View" regardless the region you buy.

Please note that currently the JCV image are still low in numbers but work in progress to add more images. Feel free to read the announcement posted by Mr. Adil Othman here and how to contribute the Junction view image from here.

Thanks...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:11 am 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 360
miezarnd wrote:
moccagal wrote:
Dear all,

All Garmin GPS Devices that support junction view may should be able to display MSM NT maps "Junction View" regardless the region you buy.

Please note that currently the JCV image are still low in numbers but work in progress to add more images. Feel free to read the announcement posted by Mr. Adil Othman here and how to contribute the Junction view image from [url=http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/v

Thanks...

Based on the garmin website, it mentioned localised nuvi. hence I would like to make sure:

Malsingmaps Malaysia/Singapore/Brunei NT2011.30

The map is available to Singapore/Malaysia localised nuvi 2575R/ 2565/ 2465/ 1460/ 1350 Series/ 765/ 255W/ 760 and purchased from authorised dealers in Singapore and Malaysia.iewtopic.php?f=73&t=16254]here.[/url]

Thanks Miezarnd :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:31 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: Yang dalam kereta punya
moccagal wrote:
Based on the garmin website, it mentioned localised nuvi. hence I would like to make sure:

Malsingmaps Malaysia/Singapore/Brunei NT2011.30

The map is available to Singapore/Malaysia localised nuvi 2575R/ 2565/ 2465/ 1460/ 1350 Series/ 765/ 255W/ 760 and purchased from authorised dealers in Singapore and Malaysia.iewtopic.php?f=73&t=16254]here.[/url]

Thanks Miezarnd :mrgreen:

Hi moccagal,

The ones that you mentioned above is actually Garmin NT 2011.xx map downloaded from Garmin Singapore website. This map's Junction View can only be use by localised nuvi sold by authorised dealer (SG / MY).

The ones that I mentioned is for MSM NT 5.xx compiled and released by MSM. All Garmin devices that support JCV can display the JCV images regardless where the unit was bought.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:53 am 

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 360 & Nokia 5730 with Garmin XT
Hi guys,

With the current map, do i still have to download the POI, dated back in 2009?

Please advice, thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 691 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 70  Next