Holidays @ Sabah! Pics Uploaded!!!

Share your holidays and points of interest during your travels. It could also be a spot you stumbled on your way to work.

Moderator: Moderators

sarawakguy
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: GPSMap 76Cx, Garmin 10x, Palm Tx, Nokia E71, Nokia 9300

Re: Holidays @ Sabah! Pics Uploaded!!!

#21 Post by sarawakguy » Sun May 16, 2010 1:21 pm

bernGPS wrote:Nice pic. How was the weather up there? Any rain? Was it cold?

What sort of footware do you have? Care to share your list of stuff you carry up the mountain? Any porter? Your cost for the M Kinabalu trip?

Haha, lots of Q's I know. I am making my maiden trip up next week. Your cost for the M Kinabalu trip?
Just bring USD5,000 and shud be enuf depending on who u r bringing kua....

14 of us going and the total bill for 3 days 2 nights is only RM7000+ nia - BernGPS

civic98
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 1350
Nuvi 55LM

#22 Post by civic98 » Sun May 16, 2010 2:36 pm

LOL.. USD5k is WAAAAYY too much.. Anyway, mine is still on the high side due to number of travellers. If you are going in a bigger group, it's cheaper.

For Mount Kinabalu, I contacted my previous "guide" when i went there 2 years back, he charged me RM900 per pax, that includes airport transfer to town then to Poring on first day, accomodation at Poring one night, transfer to Kinabalu Park second day, includes all fees for the climb and guide, packed lunch, dinner at Laban Rata, accomodation one night at Gunting Lagadan, certificate for reaching the peak, and buffet lunch at Kinabalu Park once down from the mountain. Then transfer from Kinabalu Park to KK town since I did not leave Sabah right after.

Day after I came down from Mt Kinabalu, I went to Manukan Island, just walked to Jesselton Point (jetty) and bought tickets for RM17, Tax RM6 and upon arrival at Manukan, park fees RM3.

bernGPS
Senior Mapper
GPS: Garmin 10x, GPSmap78s (now become a lemon) & etrex Vista HCx

#23 Post by bernGPS » Sun May 16, 2010 10:51 pm

civic98 wrote:LOL.. USD5k is WAAAAYY too much.. Anyway, mine is still on the high side due to number of travellers. If you are going in a bigger group, it's cheaper.

For Mount Kinabalu, I contacted my previous "guide" when i went there 2 years back, he charged me RM900 per pax, that includes airport transfer to town then to Poring on first day, accomodation at Poring one night, transfer to Kinabalu Park second day, includes all fees for the climb and guide, packed lunch, dinner at Laban Rata, accomodation one night at Gunting Lagadan, certificate for reaching the peak, and buffet lunch at Kinabalu Park once down from the mountain. Then transfer from Kinabalu Park to KK town since I did not leave Sabah right after.

Day after I came down from Mt Kinabalu, I went to Manukan Island, just walked to Jesselton Point (jetty) and bought tickets for RM17, Tax RM6 and upon arrival at Manukan, park fees RM3.
Sarawakguy wants to clim the mountain in style by cartering a helicopter :mrgreen:

I will be paying RM508 for a night at Kinabalu Park (Nepenthes Lodge) and a night at Gunting Lagadan with all meals like yours. However I need to find my own way to Kinabalu Park though.

sarawakguy
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#24 Post by sarawakguy » Sun May 16, 2010 10:58 pm

bernGPS wrote:Sarawakguy wants to clim the mountain in style by cartering a helicopter :mrgreen:
Sifu, 3G Celcom available at the peak. Email us some photos and of course a shot of your 76CSx showing the measurement page and if your phone still gone juice.....also sent us some wa wa's photo hor......

bernGPS
Senior Mapper
GPS: Garmin 10x, GPSmap78s (now become a lemon) & etrex Vista HCx

#25 Post by bernGPS » Sun May 16, 2010 11:02 pm

sarawakguy wrote: Sifu, 3G Celcom available at the peak. Email us some photos and of course a shot of your 76CSx showing the measurement page and if your phone still gone juice.....also sent us some wa wa's photo hor......
Used Celcom BB for 1 year plus and dumped it due to congestion. That subscribed to Digi BB for 6 months and dumped it also due to Error 619 aka congestion. Now on Maxis BB for 1 week already. Looking good so far.

I bring spare batteries for the 76/etrex Vista and camera.

sarawakguy
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#26 Post by sarawakguy » Sun May 16, 2010 11:17 pm

bernGPS wrote:Used Celcom BB for 1 year plus and dumped it due to congestion. That subscribed to Digi BB for 6 months and dumped it also due to Error 619 aka congestion. Now on Maxis BB for 1 week already. Looking good so far.

I bring spare batteries for the 76/etrex Vista and camera.
Good..........remember the wa wa...hor....

Have a safe and exploring trip ya..... =D>