Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:02 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:39 pm 

GPS: dopod 838pro+holux
OMG jason u outdone urself... this i gonna print this and study by heart :)

i am pretty clear now but just some question for more detail to well prepare myself more.. hope u dont mind i ask more again :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Once in the lane, ask your passengers to alight and start queueing for the closest booths to the right of this car lane.

Q 1) so i need to ask my wife to take my 2 kids with her and queue at this closest booths to the right of this car lane they alighted the car ?
Q 2) Is there only 1 or many booth for my alighted passenger to queue?

Quote:
Then you have to drive past the booths to turn left into an open-air car park and park your car there and come back to the booths on foot.

Q 1) Meaning I have to go back to the same booth my Wife and kids queued earlier on?? Is it far? becos if its near probably my wife will wait for me to walk back and queue together.

Quote:
Then the car owner goes to the next booth to submit the car registration card and passport for an Import Form to be printed (free of charge - Betong charged RM20). Bring your documents and this form to the next booth and sign the form in front of the officer. Then you will be asked to collect your car.
You have to drive through the same car lane and as you pass the last booth, stop to pick up your Import Form. Then you are cleared to turn right to enter Thailand. Don't forget your passengers

Q 1) I want to exit later in wang keling, which booth shld i inform ?? as i know they hv to sent the docs over there later for me to exit. Shld i notify the booth i submit the registration card or the one I pick up my import form ??

Sorry asking so much, i am worried if that place is packed and with us bringing the 2 young kids, well u know la... handling them is not easy already and plus unfamiliar custom procedures...

i am really appreciating ur help here. If this trip is sucessful.. i really have to thk u very much la... i think this thread can also be a very good guide to family man wanting to drive such gila distance from Singapore... hahaha

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:04 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30
tsq wrote:
OMG jason u outdone urself... this i gonna print this and study by heart :)

i am pretty clear now but just some question for more detail to well prepare myself more.. hope u dont mind i ask more again :

Q 1) so i need to ask my wife to take my 2 kids with her and queue at this closest booths to the right of this car lane they alighted the car ?
Q 2) Is there only 1 or many booth for my alighted passenger to queue?

To the right of the car lane there is another lane with booths. Your wife and children should alight and queue at the nearest booth meaning the first booth on the right side of your car lane. (The first booth is for people and for stamping their passports. Behind this is the second booth for the issuing of Import Forms for cars.) This is to help you save time should there be a long queue as nobody will complain when you jump queue to join your family. Then your family should let you go ahead of them to get your passport stamped first and proceed to the next booth to get your Import form.

There are many booths - 3 or 4 to the left of the car lane and one in the lane to the right. Your passengers should only queue at the booth on the right side of the car lane.

If there is no crowd, it still does not matter if by the time you come back from parking your car, your wife and children already have their passports stamped. They can just wait for you to complete the formalities and walk with you back to your car.

tsq wrote:
Q 1) Meaning I have to go back to the same booth my Wife and kids queued earlier on?? Is it far? becos if its near probably my wife will wait for me to walk back and queue together.

Yes, but it is not far. Still your wife should not wait for you if there is a crowd. She doesn't need you to get her passport stamped as she has to present it herself and get her photo taken so why wait for you? Why waste time?

tsq wrote:
Q 1) I want to exit later in wang keling, which booth shld i inform ?? as i know they hv to sent the docs over there later for me to exit. Shld i notify the booth i submit the registration card or the one I pick up my import form ??

As I said, I have not returned via Wang Kelian before but I believe they will recognise the Import Form issued at Bukit Kayu Hitam after all they are computerised and Thailand is not such a hopeless country so there is no need to inform anybody. You may ask if they can understand you but I doubt they can.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:55 pm 

jasonlee wrote:
As I said, I have not returned via Wang Kelian before but I believe they will recognise the Import Form issued at Bukit Kayu Hitam after all they are computerised and Thailand is not such a hopeless country so there is no need to inform anybody. You may ask if they can understand you but I doubt they can.

Ahh.. its computerized now. I read a blog (but thats very old) that the person entering need to tell where they exit as they need to physically bring the documents to your preferred exit point

Thks Jason again... I think I troubled you a lot already. If u ever need info on coming to Singapore, please let me know :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:12 am 

Jason... great news.. i am back and everything is safe and great.

Thks again for ur tips on the chk point.. it helped out a lot as we know what to do.. i thought the car booth is next to the immigration booth... haha so bit of confusion there but the immigration ppl there guide me through eventually.

i couldn't find the shop u gave me the coordinate but somehow found another one nearby to do the 3rd party insurance and he fill up he form for us (with pen) .. so that part was well

it wast jammed either, i think i got all done within 20 mins

i exit wang keling.. that chk point is super small but very quiet... as later on i found the roads getting to and from this place in Msia part is not easy.. lots of twisted roads and mostly uphill

overall, superb experience and great fun... also super tired now. later got photos i post a new thread.

Again thks all for the help :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:26 am 

Here are some selected photos of the trip... maybe will do a write up when i am not too lazy... hehhe

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v208/ ... in-phuket/

again THKS FOR ALL THE HELP Prior to my trips...