Favourite Roads - cheap way to KLIA

Share your holidays and points of interest during your travels. It could also be a spot you stumbled on your way to work.

Moderator: Moderators

adilothman
Site Owner
Site Owner
GPS: GPS V,Colo 300, 60CSx, Forerunner 305 & 405, Oregon 300, Nuvi 255W, 1350, 1460, 3790, 62S

Favourite Roads - cheap way to KLIA

#1 Post by adilothman » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:49 pm

Share your favourite roads, routes, shortcuts!

If coming from KL / Sg Besi area, the cheapest and equally fast way to get to KLIA is to exit at Serdang or Kajang. Kajang toll is RM1.80 (before toll increase in 2008! :hair: )

Head towards Putrajaya and direct yourself to Dengkil.

IGNORE all signboards to KLIA and just point yourself to Dengkil. Well signposted.

Hit the dual-carriage Route 29 which takes you all the way to a T junction where you connect with Route 20. Turn right at the lights.

Next set of lights turn left towards the KLIA mosque. Hit the roundabout. 9 o'clock goes to Sepang Circuit so take 12 o'clock. Just go straight, passing Caltex and Concord Inn along the way.

Arrive at KLIA.

All taxis and limos follow this way now. Save a tidy sum on toll as well.
Malsingmaps is now an official partner of Garmin to produce maps for MY, SG & Brunei.

stimix
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nokia N78 (Garmin MXT for Navi & Racechrono for tracking)

Re: Favourite Roads - cheap way to KLIA

#2 Post by stimix » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:05 pm

For those in Serdang/Sri kembangan, Bkt Jalil, Puchong before IOI Mall much better - Toll free by using:

From Puchong -Kinrara>>Puncak jalil, Equine, Jln Putra Permai> Route 29 Putrajaya Expressway> follow the direction by AdilOthman...

From Serdang - Jln Putra Permai>Route 29 Putrajaya Expressway> follow the direction by AdilOthman...

Those staying after IOI Mall hv to pay RM1.60 toll at Puchong Selatan..OR if those really kiasu, can use Bdr Bkt Puchong 2 towards Jln Pulau Meranti and make a U-uturn at Jln Putra Permai Interchange !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

tseusus
GPS: 60CSx

#3 Post by tseusus » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:20 pm

Am sure its a good tip. But I'm not local and may need to use the route you mentioned. Can post it as a route with mapsource :)
Thanks

stimix
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nokia N78 (Garmin MXT for Navi & Racechrono for tracking)

#4 Post by stimix » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:35 pm

tseusus wrote:Am sure its a good tip. But I'm not local and may need to use the route you mentioned. Can post it as a route with mapsource :)
Thanks
Hehe..the above only applicable for those staying in the above vicinity..if outsider, just use the toll h/way :mrgreen: unlee u trying to bypass the toll h/way around KL.. :-k

bimmer
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 660

#5 Post by bimmer » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:58 am

But does it save you time?
- bimmer

tseusus
GPS: 60CSx

#6 Post by tseusus » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:51 pm

stimix wrote:
tseusus wrote:Am sure its a good tip. But I'm not local and may need to use the route you mentioned. Can post it as a route with mapsource :)
Thanks
Hehe..the above only applicable for those staying in the above vicinity..if outsider, just use the toll h/way :mrgreen: unlee u trying to bypass the toll h/way around KL.. :-k
Aiya, can save will still do so. Need to go up KL about once a month for business mah. And Need to go in that direction too

tympg
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Holux Slim 236 + Dopod 838pro (WM6); Garmin eTrex Vista HCx

#7 Post by tympg » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:24 am

I'm just guessing the route from Adil's description. No guarantees here...
Attachments
Inexpensive Route to KLIA from Sg Besi.zip
(3.96 KiB) Downloaded 303 times

adilothman
Site Owner
Site Owner
GPS: GPS V,Colo 300, 60CSx, Forerunner 305 & 405, Oregon 300, Nuvi 255W, 1350, 1460, 3790, 62S

#8 Post by adilothman » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:58 am

Ya ya ya .. betul ... that is the route.

Another option is to take Upm exit 209# and get on E18 for a short stretch before joining E26 and taking it from there. Cepat dan murah!
Malsingmaps is now an official partner of Garmin to produce maps for MY, SG & Brunei.

gvmsia
GPS: 10x

#9 Post by gvmsia » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:52 am

i use this way quite often. easiest is to set nroute or mxt to "avoid toll"... the software does the rest. it changes the route slightly depending on whether your other settings are for faster or shorter route. just a word of warning...potholes...so adviseable to 1st do it during daylight. another con is the traffic depending on time of your journey. if traffic is smooth, it takes me 10 mins more compared to using elite highway.

edgarchen
Community POI leader
Community POI leader
GPS: nil

#10 Post by edgarchen » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:59 am

Thank you for contributing under mapsource. =D>
Everyone contribute a bit, eventually we can enjoy and benefit more in our navigation. :thumbsup: