Need directions to Durian Plantation

Share your holidays and points of interest during your travels. It could also be a spot you stumbled on your way to work.

Moderator: Moderators

Ender
GPS: Nuvi 610

Need directions to Durian Plantation

#1 Post by Ender » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:55 pm

Having Durian craving now. But had never been to a durian plantation before. Anyone has GPS coordinate to some durian farm around Johore or maleka area?

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

Re: Need directions to Durian Plantation

#2 Post by SilverBeauty » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:07 am

Bro Engar, try reading this thread for some tips :thumbsup:

http://www.malsingmaps.com/oldforum/mod ... sc&start=0

Ender

#3 Post by Ender » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:04 pm

Thanks for the thread. It provides good info. However the places recommended are quite far from Singapore.. May hunt one down in Kulai. Also saw one on the way to kukup.

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#4 Post by cruiser » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:15 pm

With the season fast approaching, don a crash helmet if you plan to wander thru the plantations esp. where no nettings are in place... :rolleyes:

I used to wait until after 4-5 am at dawn and esp. after it had poured heavily... and go make my scoops on all fallen durians in our plantation back then... when I was only a toddler... yes, durian & mangosteen eating embedded in my system since \:D/
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

Ender

#5 Post by Ender » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:42 pm

Wah you luck guy.. Got plantation somemore. It's my dream to retire with a garden with lots fruit trees.

They say durian trees have 'eyes'. they can see and don't drop on peoples head. This what those uncle said when my parents brought me to wait for durian to drop in those forest.

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#6 Post by cruiser » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:33 pm

Ender wrote:Wah you luck guy.. Got plantation somemore. It's my dream to retire with a garden with lots fruit trees.

They say durian trees have 'eyes'. they can see and don't drop on peoples head. This what those uncle said when my parents brought me to wait for durian to drop in those forest.

Not a big plantation lah... modest size garden for today's standards... land is all sold and gone back then before leaving Spore for good.... :mrgreen:

Go to Thailand and I can help you secure big acreage and lots of room to plant yr exotic fruit trees... :thumbsup:

Hotels & Lodgings ~ Cheaper Rentals ~ Invest in Resort Condos & Villas ~ Investment Tours ~ PayPal Calculator
Image ~ Driving Range added << Black Mountain Golf & Realty >> Animation – Interested? Contact at this >> Email.
>> WiKi Smart move or >> WiKi Basics or >> WiKi on PDA + BT >>SpeedTest HERE<< Nuvi Tutorial ~ I use GlareStomper® Shades >> SGP Highlights
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.