Course File for Bicycle Trip round the East of Singapore

Share your holidays and points of interest during your travels. It could also be a spot you stumbled on your way to work.

Moderator: Moderators

tropicalfruitz
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Useless Qualcomm
Seasoned Vista HCx V2.6
Condemned NJ1030A Ver.4

Course File for Bicycle Trip round the East of Singapore

#1 Post by tropicalfruitz » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:33 pm

Hey all!
Here is a bicycle course file for the forerunner/edge series users. Course details as follows:

Itenary
Begins north of the East Coast Park Lagoon (there's a small tar road space there beside a small building) ----> Eastwards to Bedok Jetty ---> Changi Park Connector ---> Changi Beach Park ---> Changi Village ---> Pasir Ris Park Connector ---> Tampinese Park Connector(Sun Plaza Park) ---> Bedok Reservoir Park Connector ---> Bedok Reservoir Park ---> Bedok Town Park ---> Siglap Park Connector ---> Siglap Park ---> East Coast Park --->Ends at Starting Point which is 200m away from the East Coast Lagoon Food Village.

Specs
Total Distance: 40.6km
Time to complete at 13 km/h: 3 hours

Course Notes
All overhead bridges are bicycle friendly except for one between Bedok Town Park and Siglap Park Connector that crosses Bedok North Road. Its a typical pedestrian overhead bridge but with a "ramp" that i can hardly call bicycle friendly. One could take a short detour north to a traffic light junction to cross the road.
A slippery section (when wet) exist at the base of the pedestrian bridge (North Side) that spans P.I.E. .

Enjoy! :thumbsup: 8-) :thumbsup:
Attachments
Around the East of Singapore (anti-clockwise).zip
Course round the east of Singapore - Start/End location at North of the East Coast Park Lagoon
(55.53 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

redshadow
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: Nokia N82+10X,,
Nuvi 350

Re: Course File for Bicycle Trip round the East of Singapore

#2 Post by redshadow » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:39 pm

tropicalfruitz wrote:Hey all!
Here is a bicycle course file for the forerunner/edge series users. Course details as follows:

Itenary
Begins north of the East Coast Park Lagoon (there's a small tar road space there beside a small building) ----> Eastwards to Bedok Jetty ---> Changi Park Connector ---> Changi Beach Park ---> Changi Village ---> Pasir Ris Park Connector ---> Tampinese Park Connector(Sun Plaza Park) ---> Bedok Reservoir Park Connector ---> Bedok Reservoir Park ---> Bedok Town Park ---> Siglap Park Connector ---> Siglap Park ---> East Coast Park --->Ends at Starting Point which is 200m away from the East Coast Lagoon Food Village.

Specs
Total Distance: 40.6km
Time to complete at 13 km/h: 3 hours

Course Notes
All overhead bridges are bicycle friendly except for one between Bedok Town Park and Siglap Park Connector that crosses Bedok North Road. Its a typical pedestrian overhead bridge but with a "ramp" that i can hardly call bicycle friendly. One could take a short detour north to a traffic light junction to cross the road.
A slippery section (when wet) exist at the base of the pedestrian bridge (North Side) that spans P.I.E. .

Enjoy! :thumbsup: 8-) :thumbsup:
Hey bro tropicalfriuts, did you personally cycle on all the routes, :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Life Is Full Of Adventure

tropicalfruitz
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Seasoned Vista HCx V2.6
Condemned NJ1030A Ver.4

#3 Post by tropicalfruitz » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:50 pm

hi bro redshadow!
YEP! I was feeling adventurous 8-) well.... actually i also needed to lose a lot of weight after stuffing myself in penang #-o .

redshadow
Veteran
Veteran
Nuvi 350

#4 Post by redshadow » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:52 pm

tropicalfruitz wrote:hi bro redshadow!
YEP! I was feeling adventurous 8-) well.... actually i also needed to lose a lot of weight after stuffing myself in penang #-o .
so it was a good exercise to loose weight,,
for me no time to touch all my bikes,collect dust

lost4ever
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 370 & 765

#5 Post by lost4ever » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:58 pm

tropicalfruitz wrote:hi bro redshadow!
Something tells me that you had the inspiration of a companion as well. :mrgreen:
Citius Altius Fortius

tropicalfruitz
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Seasoned Vista HCx V2.6
Condemned NJ1030A Ver.4

#6 Post by tropicalfruitz » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:29 pm

Hey bro LOST, long time no see!
lost4ever wrote: Something tells me that you had the inspiration of a companion as well. :mrgreen:
Very good analysis! :mrgreen: She's from overseas and arrived in Singapore about 1-2 weeks ago. Its a new transition in life that i hope keep it going. Hence i went to kinokunia to search for a book on that topic to keep me inspired and properly prepared for the unknowns.
Why overseas? For a start, it was hard to find her kind in Singapore especially at the level i found her online. Yes, it was an online website...i admit that. Nevertheless, she arrived true and as described on the webpage. I did worry about being cheated but that was soon all forgotten when i saw her.
As for now i'm happlily getting to know her inside out. It takes a heck a lot of sweat which unfortunately contributes to global warming but I think i have a good idea now on what's running inside. But who knows ya? I look forward to future where hopefully there'd be more surprises installed for me to explore :-'
redshadow wrote: so it was a good exercise to loose weight,,
for me no time to touch all my bikes,collect dust
yes it was! Cycling seems to be an excellent way for unfit people like me to keep the pulse in the aerobic zone.

lost4ever
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 370 & 765

#7 Post by lost4ever » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:23 pm

tropicalfruitz wrote:Hey bro LOST, long time no see!
Very good analysis! :mrgreen: She's from overseas and arrived in Singapore about 1-2 weeks ago. Its a new transition in life that i hope keep it going. Hence i went to kinokunia to search for a book on that topic to keep me inspired and properly prepared for the unknowns.
Why overseas? For a start, it was hard to find her kind in Singapore especially at the level i found her online. Yes, it was an online website...i admit that. Nevertheless, she arrived true and as described on the webpage. I did worry about being cheated but that was soon all forgotten when i saw her.
As for now i'm happlily getting to know her inside out. It takes a heck a lot of sweat which unfortunately contributes to global warming but I think i have a good idea now on what's running inside. But who knows ya? I look forward to future where hopefully there'd be more surprises installed for me to explore :-'
Hmmm, pls post some pics of her. I need some inspiration to do this as well, before my cardiologist refers me to his favourite pal over at Mandai. #-o BTW, I hope she has one of those special seats, otherwise you'll be seriously numb from getting to know her. :mrgreen:
Citius Altius Fortius

kiteman
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin 10x, Dell X50V, rw6828, Mobile XT

#8 Post by kiteman » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:12 pm

I did the round trip park connector today as well. Started from Siglap towards bedok, tampines, pasir ris, changi, east coast and back to siglap. Took me about 2.5 hours as the last leg from changi to east coast was against wind and quite siong. Total is about 40+km. A very nice trail especially the changi to east coast part.

Anyone keen to join me, intend to run it again next weekend but probably do the east coast - changi and back, should be ard 30-35+ km.

redshadow
Veteran
Veteran
Nuvi 350

#9 Post by redshadow » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:22 pm

kiteman wrote:I did the round trip park connector today as well. Started from Siglap towards bedok, tampines, pasir ris, changi, east coast and back to siglap. Took me about 2.5 hours as the last leg from changi to east coast was against wind and quite siong. Total is about 40+km. A very nice trail especially the changi to east coast part.

Anyone keen to join me, intend to run it again next weekend but probably do the east coast - changi and back, should be ard 30-35+ km.
anyway bro kiteman,, are you riding a roadie or hybrid bike,, not next weekend cos will be outstation,,will join you next round,,

kiteman
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin 10x, Dell X50V, rw6828, Mobile XT

#10 Post by kiteman » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:19 am

Not roadie nor hybrid.

A 08 Orbea Dakar (entry level lah) but it serves me well for normal road riding.

Drop me a msg when you keen to ride in coming weeks/months.