My Trip to Penang - For Durians

Share your holidays and points of interest during your travels. It could also be a spot you stumbled on your way to work.

Moderator: Moderators

DXu
GPS: Garmin GPSMAP 60CSX and GPS 60

Re: My Trip to Penang - For Durians

#21 Post by DXu » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:41 pm

Redstorm wrote:Thanks for the words of wisdom, bro SilverBeauty. Yeah, I know but it's just that my wife doesn't want me to take as I find it difficult to stop once I start eating. Maybe, I will convince her to buy just one or two durians and share with her. =P~ =P~ :lol:
=P~ =P~ .....and buy only Cat Mountain.........if cannot eat alot.......then eat the BEST!! :finga: :finga:
DXu.....Old newbies since 2005.......http://xudavidxu.multiply.com/

DXu
GPS: Garmin GPSMAP 60CSX and GPS 60

#22 Post by DXu » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:45 pm

rizster wrote:Thanx bro Dxu for the coordinates.. :good: :tq:

I would really love to go north but I heard that they are now upgrading the north south highway and therefore only 1 lane is accessible all the way north. Correct me if I wrong anyone..Thanks again for the coordinates!
Bro Rizstar......

Could not update you on the highway status..............did not drive............took MAS there. :D
DXu.....Old newbies since 2005.......http://xudavidxu.multiply.com/

retro
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Garmin 60CSx and Forerunner 305

#23 Post by retro » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:12 am

DXu wrote: Let's see whether I can organise one next year...........fly there to eat durian........then fly back :finga: =P~
Err... maximize GPS!!! Organize a roadtrip instead! :thumbsup:
Cheers, Adrian
Can't think straight... π

sabre23t
Councillor
Councillor
GPS: Nuvi1350 and Google Maps Android

#24 Post by sabre23t » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:41 am

retro wrote:
DXu wrote:Let's see whether I can organise one next year...........fly there to eat durian........then fly back :finga: =P~
Err... maximize GPS!!! Organize a roadtrip instead! :thumbsup:
Include turbo's "MalSing treasure hunt" into the long roadtrip from SG to PG. Say for the trip ...
(1) Winner with the longest total KM of new tracklogs of unmapped road in GM-MySin 2.09. Good for Garmin Outdoor GPSr users.
(2) Winner with the most number of unnamed roads being name and new unmapped POIs in GM-MySin 2.09. Good for Garmin Automotive GPSr users who can't map.
:mrgreen:
The world is MyMaps!

dvpro
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Handheld, PDA Based

#25 Post by dvpro » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:29 am

rizster wrote:Thanx bro Dxu for the coordinates.. :good: :tq:

I would really love to go north but I heard that they are now upgrading the north south highway and therefore only 1 lane is accessible all the way north. Correct me if I wrong anyone..Thanks again for the coordinates!
Last week drove from KL to Gurun, there were a few (less than 10, to and fro) strecthes of the "1 lanes" due to 3 lane upgrade from Rawang to Ipoh. The longest stretch was maybe less than 1km. Not that of a hassle though passing thru these "1 lanes" under normal conditions.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.