Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:10 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:39 pm 

GPS: 60CSx [kaput] & FR305 [also kaput]
now haunting for 62s
Hi guys,

planning to drive my wife to Tioman for Scuba Diving adv and need a little guidence here.
I'm from KL, will it be better to drive up north via Karak or south via NS?

I found the POI in MalSing for Mersing Jetty.

THanks guys.

Last edited by sabre23t on Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Add [Tioman Scuba Diving] to title

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:02 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

GPS: PAPAGO M9; nuvi 205W
some ppl prefer the KL-senawang-kuala pilah-muazam shah route. maybe less traffic..not sure

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:26 pm 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
heckler963 wrote:
Hi guys,

planning to drive my wife to Tioman for Scuba Diving adv and need a little guidence here.

THanks guys.

:welcome: to the Forum and all the best to you both scuba diving there as well as looking forward to any magnificent underwater pics snapped... I used to myself in my teens... \:D/

Come back and safely too. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:31 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Location: Coverage - Penang, Kedah, Perak, Selangor, KL, Putrajaya, NS and Melaka
GPS: Asus P535, Mapking, GMXT + Active Antenna
heckler963 wrote:
Hi guys,

THanks guys.

cruiser wrote:
:welcome: to the Forum and all the best to you both scuba diving there as well as looking forward to any magnificent underwater pics snapped... I used to myself in my teens... \:D/

Come back and safely too. :thumbsup:

Don't forget to bring along your camera :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:48 pm 

GPS: Garmin 60CSx w Gilsson Ext Antenna, PalmTx GMXT (10x)
heckler963 wrote:
Hi guys,

THanks guys.

Hi, I drive from KL to Mersing quite a bit so this is just my personal preference. For me, better to use the PLUS H/W up to Air Hitam, then thru Kluang town. From Kluang it is only 80+KM to Mersing. The earlier signboards will show you 100km to Mersing but those are not updated since they opened the road thru Felda Nitar a few years ago.

Some ppl prefer the NS way via Muazam Shah and claim that its shorter. It is but not very much ... i think maybe just a few KMs when i last checked with the map routing. Buses use this route as they save on toll. Mainly trunk road so don't expect to cruise all the way.

As I said, i prefer the latter choice as the highway gives me more rest stops since I usually start around 11pm or midnight. Arrive in Mersing around 5am and a chance to teh-tarik before the ferry services start.

I've attached the route that i normally use for your review and use if you want. Hope it will be useful to you.

Btw, where you guys putting up in Tioman and whom are you diving with?

Attachments:
RT_KL-Mersing Route.zip [14.74 KiB]
Downloaded 491 times

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:19 pm 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
divemuster wrote:

From Kluang it is only 80+KM to Mersing. The earlier signboards will show you 100km to Mersing but those are not updated since they opened the road thru Felda Nitar a few years ago.
After few years have passed and no update/revision to route signs?? Typical isn't it with Govt collecting taxes and neglecting its own backyard and/or highways.... Vote the Minister OUT of Office next time if current is just as hopless!!! :finga:

As I said, i prefer the latter choice as the highway gives me more rest stops since I usually start around 11pm or midnight. Arrive in Mersing around 5am and a chance to teh-tarik before the ferry services start.
Does driving after midnite with heat and humidity trailing along that your windscreen get "pasted" with insects??? :-k

Btw, where you guys putting up in Tioman and whom are you diving with?
Heyyy brudder Divemuster, do you organise scuba dives yrself? Looks like a great option if you do or R U... curios from this end, let me know please and how often and what are we looking at with prices, size of diving team etc to expected lodgings .... :tq:

Cheers & to your response... :cheers:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm 

Bro Cruiser:

Does driving after midnite with heat and humidity trailing along that your windscreen get "pasted" with insects??? :-k
I get the occasional insect or two when passing thru the Felda estates but I wouldn't describe getting "pasted" as the experience.

Heyyy brudder Divemuster, do you organise scuba dives yrself? Looks like a great option if you do or R U... curios from this end, let me know please and how often and what are we looking at with prices, size of diving team etc to expected lodgings ....
I do organise for the heck of it i.e. I don't do it for a living but whenever I get bitten by the dive-bug, I do organise mainly to Tioman as that's like my 2nd home. If you're interested I'll PM u a estimate cost for lodging, transport ex-mersing and dives.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:02 pm 
Elite
Elite

divemuster wrote:
I do organise for the heck of it i.e. I don't do it for a living but whenever I get bitten by the dive-bug, I do organise mainly to Tioman as that's like my 2nd home. If you're interested I'll PM u a estimate cost for lodging, transport ex-mersing and dives.

Wonderful... please do for a party of 4-6 singles or 3 - 4 couples during a period of 6-10 days . :thumbsup: plus any other tips & or suggestions to make the itinerary ever more exciting whilst in that Tioman vicinity :tq:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:11 pm 

cruiser wrote:
Wonderful... please do for a party of 4-6 singles or 3 - 4 couples during a period of 6-10 days . :thumbsup: plus any other tips & or suggestions to make the itinerary ever more exciting whilst in that Tioman vicinity :tq:

WoW!! 6-10 Days!... most i've ever been asked was for 4 days but sure, not a problem.
All divers?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:24 am 
Elite
Elite

divemuster wrote:
WoW!! 6-10 Days!... most i've ever been asked was for 4 days but sure, not a problem.
All divers?

I was wondering myself too but perhaps, the party are looking for something by there and needed more time for the challenge....?? :-k I asked: Where are the ladies going to while you buggars play mahjong down at the sea-bed??? No answer yet... =P~ So..., who knows, maybe I follow too and show the ladies aroundtown... is there anything to look for other than coconut water drinks? :mrgreen: