Beware of BLACK MECHANIC SHOP, ~Robbers in disguise

Take a break from GPS related topics. Share a joke or just chit chat.

Moderator: Moderators

andmeng
GPS: Nuvi 200

Beware of BLACK MECHANIC SHOP, ~Robbers in disguise

#1 Post by andmeng » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:30 am

Beware of BLACK MECHANIC SHOP
~The so called Mechanic were actually robbers!

I believe every driver has this experience:- Car breakdown on the road, especially on highway, away from home, feeling helpless. This is when this kind of ppl attacks you. They would approach you with an identity of qualified mechanic, kindly offers a quick check on your vehicle. Very friendly and helpful at this moment. Then telling you its a minor problem, can fix it in a very short time and only cost a merely less than hundred ringgit. With their car ready, they would help to tow your car to their workshop.

Once you reach the workshop, the nightmare began. Their long awaiting 'vampires' were all standby. Pretending to chk on your car, the dissemble the engine bit by bit and then keep on telling you more and more problems (baseless information). They were specially trained to dissemble car only. I bet they dunno how to fix/check. Very fast. In less than 30 minutes, your engine are like loose parts without your knowledge. Their trick is to draw away your attention, like keeping talking to you, showing you some other car parts, ask you to go for meal while assuring that everythg is in good order.

Whn u'v realised that somethg is not right, it was too late. Your car is not able to start anymore. They wont fix it for you but what they do is asking for huge sum of repairing fee. At this point, the 'Person In Charge' would shows his true colour. Raised up the voice and demand for payment no matter you want to proceed with the service or not. Even threaten to beat you up and say he would guarantee that you would not able to leave if you dont pay up.

You would stuck in a situation where you have no choice. No matter how much u have to pay, jst dont leave the car for them to further fix (they might tell u your car would be ready in 1 or 2 days if you agree to let them fix). Make sure that you will be able to leave in a good shape together with your car (definitely not in a piece but remember to pick up the all the parts in order for your own panel mechanic to be able to fix your car for you). It really wasnt easy for you to escape as they were backed by some 'Powerful Boss'. For my case, I even ended up calling 999 to assure my safety and at the same time a tow car to escape. The local police was not really that helpful too. I guess we all know whats the story behind. However, with their presence, at least no violence.

I'm posting this up hoping to draw publics attention regarding this matter. I'v been a victim and really feels hopeless because when I try to lodge a report, even the local authorities were not concern. No actions had been taken at all. On my way back, the tow truck driver told me lot of stories. I'm not the only victim. I'm considered lucky to be able to escape. If you notice, they are many cars in the workshop. The reason is not because their biz is good. Those are Unsettled case. Car owners who let them proceed with service would ended up with really big loses. But if you dun pay up, your car would stay forever there before it there dissembled and sold part by part.

Any suggestions on how to end this kind of crime? I've their biz card, and also photo of their shop......

Location is: Taman Seremban Jaya, Smwhere here:
mapfi2.jpg
mapfi2.jpg (119.18 KiB) Viewed 2401 times

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

Re: Beware of BLACK MECHANIC SHOP, ~Robbers in disguise (Trave

#2 Post by cruiser » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:35 am

andmeng wrote: Any suggestions on how to end this kind of crime? I've their biz card, and also photo of their shop......

Brudder... just where are you quoting & referring your experience from? You would draw serious support /attention if you disclose your location in your Profile... for if your incident is somewhere like in Kedah... then Sporeans have no concern on this highway raiders, right?
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

liewss80
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Garmin Nuvi205 / Nuvi710

Re: Beware of BLACK MECHANIC SHOP, ~Robbers in disguise

#3 Post by liewss80 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:39 am

I guess we could see from the uploaded map.... I did a search on 'Petronas Seremban Jaya' in malsingmaps ...found that its near Senawang Toll of NSE

singawon
Elite
Elite
GPS: XXX

Re: Beware of BLACK MECHANIC SHOP, ~Robbers in disguise (Trave

#4 Post by singawon » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:12 am

andmeng wrote: Any suggestions on how to end this kind of crime? I've their biz card, and also photo of their shop......

cruiser wrote:Brudder... just where are you quoting & referring your experience from? You would draw serious support /attention if you disclose your location in your Profile... for if your incident is somewhere like in Kedah... then Sporeans have no concern on this highway raiders, right?
Des, such incident normally happened along the NSHW up north or down south, a planned accident will come into action, then follow by many friendly people will come for help, then ........you read the story.... :mrgreen:

Though in the singland do happen with such cases, but they dun demand for money, they do the legal way, they claim the insurance. My previous car got quite a few of such cases and i was also "rewarded" for going back to the same workshop.. :mrgreen:

Bro andmeng, care to share your story with more details, so when we up north we will be more cautious.

dvpro
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Handheld, PDA Based

#5 Post by dvpro » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:45 am

Safely to say as a regular user of NSE (and unfortunately had a few breakdowns as well - can't comment on other highways, though), if you find your vehicle stranded along the highway, DO NOT accept offers from anyone. Instead, ring the toll-free PLUS (NSE maintainer) helpline 1-800-88-0000. The PLUSRonda (Highway Patrol) will be obliged to tow your vehicle (in the event of breakdown) to the nearest next exit, FOC 24-7. From thereon, you may decide rationally (not under pressure) on how to proceed.

More info from PLUS website:
Highway Patrol (PLUSRonda)
Vehicle Breakdown on the Expressway
Last edited by dvpro on Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

jeremaze
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
GPS: Holux & GARMIN

#6 Post by jeremaze » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:50 am

please provide the coordinate, I need to mark as black spot!
:prayer:

dvpro
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Handheld, PDA Based

#7 Post by dvpro » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:52 am

jeremaze wrote:please provide the coordinate, I need to mark as black spot!
The vultures are everywhere along the highway. :mrgreen:
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

liewss80
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Garmin Nuvi205 / Nuvi710

#8 Post by liewss80 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:11 am

dvpro wrote:Safely to say as a regular user of NSE (and unfortunately had a few breakdowns as well - can't comment on other highways, though), if you find your vehicle stranded along the highway, DO NOT accept offers from anyone. Instead, ring the toll-free PLUS (NSE maintainer) helpline 1-800-88-0000. The PLUSRonda (Highway Patrol) will be obliged to tow your vehicle (in the event of breakdown) to the nearest next exit, FOC 24-7. From thereon, you may decide rationally (not under pressure) on how to proceed.

More info from PLUS website:
Highway Patrol (PLUSRonda)
Vehicle Breakdown on the Expressway
Another safe option:
Call your general insurance company. Most the the general insurance do provides free Towing anywhere in Malaysia, 24 hr on call. Tow back to your panel workshop no matter how far. Its free, why worries? :)

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#9 Post by cruiser » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:41 pm

liewss80 wrote:
Another safe option:
Call your general insurance company. Most the the general insurance do provides free Towing anywhere in Malaysia, 24 hr on call. Tow back to your panel workshop no matter how far. Its free, why worries? :)

Thats right and that should be instilled into every motorists with breakdowns... Not just tow it albeit FOC, to the next exit... and in the middle of the night???
Wahhh, what happens if the Sotongkia from Singapore knows little about Malaysia's pontianak sepak-sepak with her teteks... swooping in on innocent Sporeans and get con again by regional garages?? :mrgreen:

Motorists must always be prepared with contact tel. nrs for emergency cases in another Asian country... unless Ah Pek is always stubborn... always too Kay Kiang and ignores good advises/tips, it'll be his own fault then... :evil:
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

andmeng
GPS: Nuvi 200

#10 Post by andmeng » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:07 pm

jeremaze wrote:please provide the coordinate, I need to mark as black spot!
Here is the co-ordinate... its an abandoned area. All the buildings surrounding are vacant. And the road is not in malsingmap...

N2 40 32.8 E101 58 46.4