Transformers II

Take a break from GPS related topics. Share a joke or just chit chat.

Moderator: Moderators

naim
Great Travel Bum
Great Travel Bum
GPS: Samsung Note 2 :D

Transformers II

#1 Post by naim » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:41 am

Transformers II verdict? Silly plot, inane dialogues, poor geography, action-overload, noisy. I'd give 6/10. Just need to watch only once. :mrgreen:
Pls visit my travel pictorials at http://naim.my

Noah
Senior Mapper
GPS: 60csx, Nuvi 2465

Re: Transformers II

#2 Post by Noah » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:28 am

No review on Megan Fox? How can you review Transformers without mentioning Megan Fox???

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Mappers wanted. Read this to get started. Payment = Recognition = Priceless.
We don't just build maps. We build relationships.

Follow our map updates on Twitter

naim
Great Travel Bum
Great Travel Bum

#3 Post by naim » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:04 am

Megan who? The transformer lass who tried to seduce the hero *is* the highlight. Imagine a transformer trying to hump a carbon-based human. :mrgreen:

The movie confuses audience with its settings, glaring ones are:

1) Good guys enter the the Air and Space Museum near Dulles Airport (near Washington DC), the Stephen F. Udvar-Hazy Center, to revive an old Decepticon disguised as the SR-71 plane on display (which I've visited myself). When they exit, the are in an airplane yard in a desert somewhere.
2) Final battle suggest Sinai Peninsula, Petra (in Jordan) and Giza Pyramids a few kms apart.

Bad geography.

Read this review which is spot on:

http://www.black-iris.com/2009/06/24/mo ... in-jordan/

badrol
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Garmin Nuvi200

#4 Post by badrol » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:12 am

naim wrote:Megan who? The transformer lass who tried to seduce the hero *is* the highlight. Imagine a transformer trying to hump a carbon-based human. :mrgreen:

The movie confuses audience with its settings, glaring ones are:

1) Good guys enter the the Air and Space Museum near Dulles Airport (near Washington DC), the Stephen F. Udvar-Hazy Center, to revive an old Decepticon disguised as the SR-71 plane on display (which I've visited myself). When they exit, the are in an airplane yard in a desert somewhere.
2) Final battle suggest Sinai Peninsula, Petra (in Jordan) and Giza Pyramids a few kms apart.

Bad geography.

Read this review which is spot on:

http://www.black-iris.com/2009/06/24/mo ... in-jordan/
Alamak abg naim, this is the problem with people like you who has "been there, done that, knew that", you can spot any mistake. This is just a "watch the movie but leave your brain at home" to enjoy the movie.

Don't spoil it for me la, haven watch it yet #-o

Anyway, clearly you are not the movie target market. You think a lot while watching the movie :nehneh:
Last edited by badrol on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

naim
Great Travel Bum
Great Travel Bum

#5 Post by naim » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:21 am

badrol wrote:
Anyway, clearly you are not the movie target market. You think a lot while watching the movie :nehneh:
Hehehe, one Transformers fan in another forum branded me an 'old man ... with mundane comments', but hey I'm still in my 40s ... :mrgreen: Actually I saw a lot of ppl in the 40s and 50s at the theatre. Maybe they were accompanying their young GFs or wives.

adilothman
Site Owner
Site Owner
GPS: GPS V,Colo 300, 60CSx, Forerunner 305 & 405, Oregon 300, Nuvi 255W, 1350, 1460, 3790, 62S

#6 Post by adilothman » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:26 am

Best la .. what la you guys talking .. action packed all the way .. 2hrs 20 mins of explosions and action .. the pacing is much faster this time too!

Since it is a popcorn movie, i shall consider it as one .. i.e devoid of any intellectual stimulation .. just pure mindless escapism .. :finga:

At 2hr 20 mins I would sugggest watching it at Gardens MV Premier Class .. hugemongous screen + excellent THX acoustics ..

I know it was panned by the critics .. but if u need to just waste 2 hours by watching toy robots .. u cannot go wrong!
Malsingmaps is now an official partner of Garmin to produce maps for MY, SG & Brunei.

Noah
Senior Mapper
GPS: 60csx, Nuvi 2465

#7 Post by Noah » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:30 am

Adil wrote:but if u need to just waste 2 hours by watching toy robots
Transformers is a movie about robots? If I recall correctly there was Megan Fox in her classroom, and then she had car trouble and then she did a lot of Baywatch run. I think you guys are confused with another movie.
Mappers wanted. Read this to get started. Payment = Recognition = Priceless.
We don't just build maps. We build relationships.

Follow our map updates on Twitter

naim
Great Travel Bum
Great Travel Bum

#8 Post by naim » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:37 am

Noah wrote: Transformers is a movie about robots? If I recall correctly there was Megan Fox in her classroom, and then she had car trouble and then she did a lot of Baywatch run. I think you guys are confused with another movie.
Yeah sure, in the final huge battle scene, her tits were bouncing all over the place, in the above green top too, but I could not focus on them, because I was confused - are we in Giza, or Gulf of Aqaba, or Petra or somewhere in between?

SOSweet
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: Nuvi 200W, Omnia II + GMXT

#9 Post by SOSweet » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:03 pm

badrol wrote:Alamak abg naim, this is the problem with people like you who has "been there, done that, knew that", you can spot any mistake. This is just a "watch the movie but leave your brain at home" to enjoy the movie.
Don't spoil it for me la, haven watch it yet #-o
Bro badrol, I fully agreed with you. Watching movies are "brainless" entertainment. If you wanted to bring logics to movies, then there would't had any action heros like James Bond, Rambo, Lara Croft etc etc.
BTW, according to entertainment insider, Megan Fox is going to replace Angelina Jolie in the upcoming film : Tomb Raider sequence.
Let's wait and see.
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercises & Good Deeds

9W6VX
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: 60CSX

#10 Post by 9W6VX » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:49 pm

You guys are so funny........

Shall I be looking out for the tits or shall I leave my brains at home and go for the pure entertainment?

Will be bringing the family to view it tomorrow evening.
73 de 9W6VX