Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:09 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 27  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:13 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
specatronic wrote:
Hi! Just bought a nuvi 2465 yesterday @ Sim Lim Sq. Used to have Garmin map on my Nokia Hp many yrs back. Notice that i can't actually see the blk number on the map like wat i sees on my hp back then. I've downloaded the MSM MY/SG/BN NT Map v5.15 into the micro sd and inserted it into the 2465 but doesn't seems to work for me. Is there any way for me to see those details on my map?
Sorry as I'm very new to GPS. Pls advise. :tq:

Create a directory /map directory in your SD card and put the map file there. Rename the map file to any file name you want.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:46 pm 

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 2465
Garmin Nuvi 2575R
SilverBeauty wrote:
specatronic wrote:
Hi! Just bought a nuvi 2465 yesterday @ Sim Lim Sq. Used to have Garmin map on my Nokia Hp many yrs back. Notice that i can't actually see the blk number on the map like wat i sees on my hp back then. I've downloaded the MSM MY/SG/BN NT Map v5.15 into the micro sd and inserted it into the 2465 but doesn't seems to work for me. Is there any way for me to see those details on my map?
Sorry as I'm very new to GPS. Pls advise. :tq:

Create a directory /map directory in your SD card and put the map file there. Rename the map file to any file name you want.

Sorry, i'm very noob and abit lost. Where could i get the detailed map files? Do u mind if u could kindly guide me step by step and with the links that i could get those detailed files? Tks Mod! :rokz:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:07 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)
specatronic wrote:
Sorry, i'm very noob and abit lost. Where could i get the detailed map files? Do u mind if u could kindly guide me step by step and with the links that i could get those detailed files? Tks Mod! :rokz:

In your earlier post, you already mentioned you have downloaded the v5.15 map which is the latest map here, and therefore it should have the latest details.

I suspected that your settings in not set to see the most details of the map...you probably need to go to the map info setting and select "Detailed" view or something like that......in other words, you need to check your nuvi's map setting first....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:15 pm 

Garmin Nuvi 2575R
ace wrote:
specatronic wrote:

In your earlier post, you already mentioned you have downloaded the v5.15 map which is the latest map here, and therefore it should have the latest details.

I suspected that your settings in not set to see the most details of the map...you probably need to go to the map info setting and select "Detailed" view or something like that......in other words, you need to check your nuvi's map setting first....

Tks for ur reply. Yup. I've got the v5.15 map but it can't see the blk number on the map. I've also noticed that the JCV doesn't appear or 2465 could'nt support it. As for the map setting, I've put the Map view in 'Detailed' mode.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:38 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
specatronic wrote:
Tks for ur reply. Yup. I've got the v5.15 map but it can't see the blk number on the map. I've also noticed that the JCV doesn't appear or 2465 could'nt support it. As for the map setting, I've put the Map view in 'Detailed' mode.

MSM5.15 got "limited" JCV images but map is more updated.

You want JCV, use the preloaded Garmin NavTeq map. All bells and whistles available.

Use only one map at one time. You will get "weird" results with multiple maps active .. :-'

Block numbers not visible in NT maps :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:04 pm 

Garmin Nuvi 2575R
SilverBeauty wrote:
specatronic wrote:

MSM5.15 got "limited" JCV images but map is more updated.

You want JCV, use the preloaded Garmin NavTeq map. All bells and whistles available.

Use only one map at one time. You will get "weird" results with multiple maps active .. :-'

Block numbers not visible in NT maps :cry:

Yup! very true, this morning there's no voice navigate to say left or right when i use multiple maps. Was so worried abt it cos thought i screwed it up. Anyway tks for everyone's help. :cheers:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:25 am 

GPS: nuvi 2465
sorry for hijack this thread to ask this... i am a noobie who jus bought an 2465 ....

i noticed there is no icons for hdb block or neither any blk no shown.. is it something i nvr set or it is like tat for the map that come with the unit?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:27 am 

Garmin Nuvi 2575R
yeosf wrote:
sorry for hijack this thread to ask this... i am a noobie who jus bought an 2465 ....

i noticed there is no icons for hdb block or neither any blk no shown.. is it something i nvr set or it is like tat for the map that come with the unit?

It's a good question i need to know too, any gurus?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:05 am 

GPS: nuvi 1690
Hi, can use on nuvi 1690?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:05 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
lyontee wrote:
Hi, can use on nuvi 1690?

Yes

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 27  Next