Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:57 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:46 pm 
Qualified Mapper

GPS: Garmin 60CSx + GA25MCX
KUALA LUMPUR - Polis Diraja Malaysia (PDRM) bekerjasama dengan Garmin GPS Malaysia dalam usaha menangani gejala kecurian kenderaan dengan menggunakan sistem alat pengesan kenderaan GPS (Sistem Kedudukan Global-Global Positioning System).

Pengarah Jabatan Siasatan Jenayah Bukit Aman, Datuk Mohd. Bakri Mohd. Zinin berkata, jika sebelum ini tugas menangani kes curi kenderaan adalah tanggungjawab pihak polis, namun kini syarikat korporat seperti Garmin juga telah bekerjasama untuk menanganinya.

"Sebelum ini hanya polis yang bertanggungjawab dalam kes kecurian kenderaan namun sekarang kita sudah bekerjasama dengan sektor swasta untuk mengurangkan gejala curi kenderaan," katanya kepada pemberita selepas majlis pelancaran sistem Navitrack Garmin di sini semalam.

Mohd. Bakri berkata, melalui sistem itu, pihak polis dapat melaksanakan tugas mengesan kenderaan dengan lebih cepat kerana mendapat maklumat yang lebih lengkap dan tepat.

Katanya, kebiasaannya penjenayah mencuri kereta untuk dua sebab, pertama mendapatkan alat ganti kereta dan kedua untuk dijual di luar negara. - Bernama

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:52 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: nuvi
Related articles

http://techcentral.my/news/story.aspx?file=/2012/8/29/it_news/20120829161810&sec=IT_News
Quote:
hTrack your car
By TAN KIT HOONG
bytz@thestar.com.my

DEEP IN DISCUSSION: (l-r) Mohd Bakri and OCS Innovative Technologies Sdn Bhd managing director Ong Chang Seng fielding questions from reporters at the launch of the NaviTrack GPS/GSM vehicle tracking units in Kuala Lumpur recently.

OCS Innovative Technologies Sdn Bhd has introduced GPS vehicle tracking systems which the company claims will disable the car when GPS/GSM jammers are used to attempt to block the system.

Conventional GPS/GSM tracking systems can be blocked by car thieves using a jammer, which effectively blocks both the geolocation signal as well as the GSM wireless technology which is used to upload the vehicle's position on the Internet, said Steven Ng, its sales and marketing manager.
The company's N-AT5i and N-AT1E GPS/GPRS vehicle trackers, however, will disable the vehicle if they detect a jammer signal.
Also, the N-AT5i and N-AT1E Pro are able to differentiate between, say, a vehicle that has lost both GPS and GSM signals in an underground carpark and when a signal jammer is actively being used.

The N-AT1E Pro is meant for private vehicles while the more advanced N-AT5i is meant for commercial vehicles and can accept more accessories such as fuel sensors, microphones and temperature sensors.

OCS also produces a software suite so that users can track their vehicles online using a PC or an Android or iOS smartphone.
The company is also working with the Royal Malaysia Police which has been given a special software suite that allows the police to track and be alerted as well when a vehicle is stolen.

The NAT-1E Pro retails for RM1,400, and the NAT5i for RM1,800. However, each device also comes with a yearly subscription fee for the tracking service which costs RM300 for private users and RM360 for companies.

According to the statistics provided by the Royal Malaysia Police, 45,952 vehicles were stolen between January and August 2011.

According to Datuk Seri Mohd Bakri Mohd Zinin, director of the criminal investigation department at Bukit Aman, many stolen luxury and mid-range cars are exported to places as far as Dubai and South Africa.

http://www.aeco.com.my/ocsit-media.html
Quote:
OCS Innovative Technologies enters mass market with NAVITRACK – N-AT1 and N-AT5 series

29th August 2012, OCS Innovative Technologies Sdn. Bhd. officially launches the NAVITRACK system - vehicle and vessel tracking system. OCS Innovative Technologies Sdn. Bhd. focuses mainly on the marketing and sale of automatic vehicle locating systems (AVLS) and vessel tracking and monitoring systems (VTMS) developed and manufactured by AE Innovative Technologies Sdn Bhd..

OCS Innovative Technologies Sdn. Bhd. provides real time live GSM/GPRS and GPS vehicle tracking, location and communication system in the Malaysia, developed specifically for Security, commercial, logistic and fleet requirements. N-AT1 and N-AT5 series are compact AVL tracker built for vehicle security and fleet management purposes with the following functionalities:

N-AT1 series

• GPS/GSM jamming countermeasures – essential for Antitheft
  • Built-in 16g 3-axis sensor for post analysis and evaluating driver’s behavior.
  • Support Garmin FMI for two ways text messaging and centralize control navigation.
  • CAN Bus support via CAN Bus Interpreter for more accurate speed and odometer data
  • Support 3 configurable I/O ports
  • Support 30 pro-active geo-fencing
  • Built-in 2MB internal memory to record data when lost GSM coverage.

N-AT5 Series

• GPS/GSM jamming countermeasures – essential for Antitheft
  • Built-in 16g 3-axis sensor for post analysis and evaluating driver’s behavior.
  • Support Garmin FMI for two ways text messaging and centralize control navigation.
  • CAN Bus support via CAN Bus Interpreter for more
  • accurate speed and odometer data
  • One wire support to monitor Temperature, driver’s ID and many more, make it very cost effective.
  • Support over the air firmware updates.
  • Support two ways voice communication.
  • Support 4 Digital input, 3 digital output and 1 analog input
  • Support 60 pro-active geo-fencing
  • Built-in 8MB internal memory to record data when lost GSM coverage.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:55 am 
Senior Mapper

GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30
nyem wrote:

:tq: Bros for highlighting this very interesting development.

Actually this was highlighted first by our Br WWLoon in another Forum. When I read it, I was incredulous. Typical of Malaysian newspaper reports, at best you get half the story and have to guess the other half. Even the half that they report may not be accurate.

When I read the heading it gave me the impression that "the Police will use the GPS technology to recover stolen vehicles". I asked myself the first question: How can this be true?

It can only be true
if the Police will equip every vehicle with a GPS tracker. You think that will happen?

Hence the headlines will be more credible if it reads:

"Police will help recover stolen vehicles if they are equipped with GPS Trackers."

Then that means the vehicle owner will have to install the tracker and then the Police will help them recover their stolen vehicle. Will they?

I have a GPS Tracker in my car and should I one day go the the Police station to lodge a report that my car ABC12345 is stolen and at HH:MM:SS of DD/MM/YYYY, the coordinates where my car was located was Ndd.ddddd Eddd.ddddd, do you think the Police will immediately despatch a patrol car to that location to recover my vehicle? Do you seriously think this will happen?

Let me tell you how my GPS Tracker works. First of all, it only cost me a ONE-TIME Expenditure of about RM300. The unit has a GPS receiver linked to GSM cellphone that only receives and sends out SMSes - no voice. I of course will need to have a SIM card and do whatever necessary to keep the SIM card valid and the Tracker powered. When I send a coded command in the form of an SMS from my mobile to my Tracker, it will respond silently with the coordinates of the most recent satellite lock.

It has to be the most stupid thief in the world to invest good money in a GPS/GSM jammer to neutralise your Tracker. Malaysian thieves are smarter than that. All they need to do is to drive the stolen vehicle into a waiting container box and that will be the end of any contact you can have with your Tracker so what is the point of paying through your nose for fancy "GPS/GSM jamming countermeasures" which the vendor will claim that it is "essential for Antitheft". Is it? What can a counter jamming device do if the thief drives the container box with your car inside to another state or remote location?

Say if the car thief drives the stolen vehicle into an underground car park so your Tracker's GSM function still works but the coords will be the last known coords before the satellite signals are lost - meaning near the entrance of the car park. If you make a Police Report that your stolen vehicle is probably in the underground car park of Wisma XXXX, will the Police go immediately to seal the exit of that car park then search floor by floor for your stolen vehicle?

I think I have asked enough questions to set you thinking. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:17 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: nuvi
jasonlee wrote:
When I read it, I was incredulous. Typical of Malaysian newspaper reports, at best you get half the story and have to guess the other half. Even the half that they report may not be accurate.

I was also skeptical of the original report, my first thought was simply police has started to use some garmin gps while doing their round and the rest of the story were simply marketing gimmick to spice up technologies that have been around for the last 10 years.

Police is always receptive of any effort to meet their KPI, but insurance companies need to be involved too by providing substantial discounts to those who tried to minimise risk of unrecoverable stolen vehicle.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:26 am 
Senior Mapper

GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30
nyem wrote:
Police is always receptive of any effort to meet their KPI, but insurance companies need to be involved too by providing substantial discounts to those who tried to minimise risk of unrecoverable stolen vehicle.

How I wish that is the case.

My car has a tracker for 2 years already but my insurance premium is not one sen cheaper. Similarly, my house has CCTV monitoring and recording but again, it is just an increased cost. Discounts? Wait long long got.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:40 pm 
Expert Tracker
Expert Tracker

GPS: N/A
China Car Tracker How?

Attachments:
DSCN0323.JPG
DSCN0323.JPG [ 174.43 KiB | Viewed 12085 times ]