Roll call for old times sake..

Take a break from GPS related topics. Share a joke or just chit chat.

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
User avatar
civic98
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 487
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:07 pm
GPS: Nuvi 1350
Nuvi 55LM
Location: Langkawi
Contact:

Re: Roll call for old times sake..

#11 Post by civic98 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:19 pm

bartmp8 wrote:Yes I am still around but my job as the Newbie Guide is redundant these days because we don't
actually flame Newbies anymore. These days we are more tolerant of Newbies but we still don't
spoon feed :wink:

Welcome back Bro Civic98 and also Bro Carlover. :thumbsup:
Thanks! I was refreshing myself over the "dispute" couple of years back and can't help feeling sad about what took place, and the amount of anger it created. Perhaps that's why most people are with MFM now, and not here. And the fact that MFM has a full transcript of what happened puts it on the favorable end I suppose.

Did any "conclusion" surface from there? Was there any "co-existence agreement" established or everyone just moved on? Sorry, probably I just forgotten the whole story.

User avatar
jaguar
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 743
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:00 am
GPS: Nuvi 310, 60CSx, 10x
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Roll call for old times sake..

#12 Post by jaguar » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:01 pm

Relax. We don't have long to live. Let baygon be baygons

All I know if I only have 50 more years to live. =D>
Look on the bright side ya? :muak:

User avatar
bartmp8
Senior Mapper
Posts: 3128
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:35 pm
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
Location: Sandakan
Contact:

Re: Roll call for old times sake..

#13 Post by bartmp8 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:22 pm

History is written by the guy who thinks he won the war but not necessarily the same guy who will last in this
long mapping journey.

But Bro Jaguar is correct. Whether you are here or there makes no difference. We have our map and they have theirs.
Pro and Cons on both set of maps but one day there will be zero difference in the maps because its based on the
same roads etc.

We all have work to do but everyone is entitled to "sabbatical" every now and then. I'm on one at the moment 8-)
but I will be back soon cos I see my mapping work piling up.

User avatar
civic98
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 487
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:07 pm
GPS: Nuvi 1350
Nuvi 55LM
Location: Langkawi
Contact:

Re: Roll call for old times sake..

#14 Post by civic98 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:57 am

bartmp8 wrote:History is written by the guy who thinks he won the war but not necessarily the same guy who will last in this
long mapping journey.

But Bro Jaguar is correct. Whether you are here or there makes no difference. We have our map and they have theirs.
Pro and Cons on both set of maps but one day there will be zero difference in the maps because its based on the
same roads etc.

We all have work to do but everyone is entitled to "sabbatical" every now and then. I'm on one at the moment 8-)
but I will be back soon cos I see my mapping work piling up.
Agreed. I guess both sides agreed to disagree.

And, we really need to do something about this forum, too many old threads and sub-forums that are dormant, who's the right person to go about consolidating and forming new categories that are more user friendly?

And as for Tapatalk, I found this, should be easy to get on through Admin.
https://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=phpbb

Other "active" malsingmaps portals that we could do something about:-

Blogger: http://treks.malsingmaps.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/malsingmaps
Twitter (weisian): https://twitter.com/weisian
Twitter: https://twitter.com/malsingmaps
Google+: https://plus.google.com/+malsingmap/posts
Wordpress: http://malsingmaps.wordpress.com/

User avatar
bartmp8
Senior Mapper
Posts: 3128
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:35 pm
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
Location: Sandakan
Contact:

Re: Roll call for old times sake..

#15 Post by bartmp8 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:30 pm

civic98 wrote:
And, we really need to do something about this forum, too many old threads and sub-forums that are dormant, who's the right person to go about consolidating and forming new categories that are more user friendly?
Bro Civic98,

The action in this forum actually happening in the Masmap Gmail. We have a very healthy bunch of Mappers
doing all the work behind the scene. What you see in this Forum is not indicative of the health of our maps :wink:
Better shut up now before I get a burning something on my front lawn :mrgreen:

As for the house keeping, I think the old posts can all be deleted. SOP for our maps have change a lot since the
old forum.

User avatar
naim
Great Travel Bum
Great Travel Bum
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:00 am
GPS: Samsung Note 2 :D
Location: Setia Damai in Setia Alam
Contact:

Re: Roll call for old times sake..

#16 Post by naim » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:37 pm

civic98 wrote:
Thanks! I was refreshing myself over the "dispute" couple of years back and can't help feeling sad about what took place, and the amount of anger it created. Perhaps that's why most people are with MFM now, and not here. And the fact that MFM has a full transcript of what happened puts it on the favorable end I suppose.

Did any "conclusion" surface from there? Was there any "co-existence agreement" established or everyone just moved on? Sorry, probably I just forgotten the whole story.
I was already off-line when the Great Schism happened, so I had little clue.
And btw I found this particular thread by mistake. :mrgreen:

Nowadays I simply use Google Maps (online and offline) with my Android. :D
Pls visit my travel pictorials at http://naim.my

sarawakguy
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 12:00 am
GPS: GPSMap 76Cx, Garmin 10x, Palm Tx, Nokia E71, Nokia 9300
Location: Kuching, Sarawak
Contact:

Re: Roll call for old times sake..

#17 Post by sarawakguy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:07 pm

I am here too. Been quite a while. How are you guys?

ace
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 574
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:00 am
GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Roll call for old times sake..

#18 Post by ace » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:29 am

We are all good.. :-' and healthy. O:)

Nice to see some old guards dropping by one by one....

It's Sunday. :-$

Drinking kopi right now. :mrgreen: :rofl:
I don't have free fish......

sarawakguy
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 12:00 am
GPS: GPSMap 76Cx, Garmin 10x, Palm Tx, Nokia E71, Nokia 9300
Location: Kuching, Sarawak
Contact:

Re: Roll call for old times sake..

#19 Post by sarawakguy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:30 pm

ace wrote:We are all good.. :-' and healthy. O:)

Nice to see some old guards dropping by one by one....

It's Sunday. :-$

Drinking kopi right now. :mrgreen: :rofl:

That's great. Whom do I upload to for new tracks? :champ:

ace
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 574
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:00 am
GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Roll call for old times sake..

#20 Post by ace » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:32 pm

sarawakguy wrote:That's great. Whom do I upload to for new tracks? :champ:
it depends on where the tracks are... the different map feedback are in here...

viewforum.php?f=24

I guess your tracks are probably for East Malaysia. :-'
I don't have free fish......

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests