Advise on parking at Subang Airport

Take a break from GPS related topics. Share a joke or just chit chat.

Moderator: Moderators

dwoon
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 200W

Advise on parking at Subang Airport

#1 Post by dwoon » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:45 pm

Hiya everyone,

Need some advise here on the parking at Subang Airport. Thinking of parking there and taking a budget flight from there.

- What are the rates for terminal 2 or 3? (Maybe need to park 6 days)

- Is it covered car park or open air?

- Is the security level good over there?

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers.

muzz
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Advise on parking at Subang Airport

#2 Post by muzz » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:32 pm

Not sure about parking more than 24 hrs but for short term, I see ppl parking right in front of the terminal all the time. There don't seem to be any enforcement at the moment. I took a chance last Monday 31st where I had to go to KT- 7am flight and 5pm return from KT via Fireflyz. I parked in front of the terminal (outer lane). Found my car safe and sound. Don't know for how long it will be like this though.
For long term parking ie overnight I think its advisable if you took a taxi or ask someone to send/pick you.

With regards to paid parking, its open air but last week there seemed to be some construction going on in the parking across the road from the terminal building. I think the one in front of the Immigration office is available. Not sure about the rates though.

Regards,

Muzz.

dwoon
Regular
Regular

#3 Post by dwoon » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:43 pm

Thanks muzz..... but I'm driving from Singapore.....

I read that parking at terminal 2 (immigration area) is much better compared to the 'scary" looking parking at terminal 3. but it doesn't give me anymore details.....

Anybody familair with the airport and can advise?

thanks

sangbadut
Regular
Regular
GPS: GPS X

#4 Post by sangbadut » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:58 am

Hye bro , I'm working @ Terminal 3 and here's what can I suggest :

1) If you want to park at T3 make sure you park your car in LANE 2 only.LANE 1 is for taxi and VIP parking.LANE 3 you can park but only for shortwhile coz evert 2 or 3 days always a summon by police.Quit bright n clear in the night.Free parking.Not recommended to park in front of T3 PARKING SPACE across the streets (too dark there).Malaysia Airport Police will closed the airport around 11.30pm every night (except for the delay flight).The airport will be open at 5.45am in the morning.

2) If you want to park at T2 in front of Immigration office, I'm not sure (actually forgot :lol: ) bout the ticket price but I can ask bout it tomorrow.T2 parking will be closed if i'm not mistaken around 6.30pm.After that the gate will be open coz the tollgate worker finish their jobs around 6.15pm.If you want to park there , drive your car in the parking lot and park near the guardhouse of Malaysia Airport Police (beside Eurocopter entrance).That's because the guards there is 24hours.Or if you wanna more secure you can park beside the guardhouse.There's a limited parking space there and its FREE AND MOST IMPORTANTLY ITS SAFE.

Hope this will help you :thumbsup:

dwoon
Regular
Regular

#5 Post by dwoon » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:04 pm

Thanks sangbadut, appreciate your feedback.

Seems like security is not tight at all in Subang Airport parking lots. :-.

Guess if I do park there at T2, I'll need to bring steering locks, cover all my meters, pull a few fuses to disable car. :lol:

Maybe I'll detour and check it out, while on my way to Cameron end of the month. :wink:

sangbadut
Regular
Regular
GPS: GPS X

#6 Post by sangbadut » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:55 pm

dwoon wrote:Thanks sangbadut, appreciate your feedback.

Seems like security is not tight at all in Subang Airport parking lots. :-.

Guess if I do park there at T2, I'll need to bring steering locks, cover all my meters, pull a few fuses to disable car. :lol:

Maybe I'll detour and check it out, while on my way to Cameron end of the month. :wink:
That's better bro :thumbsup: