wrist watch kakis

Hamsters, geocachers, hikers, bikers, 4WD kakis, aviationist, fishing fans, scrambler fans, kitesurfers and more .. come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

anhydrous
GPS: HTC tytn2 - mapking 2007

Re: wrist watch kakis

#261 Post by anhydrous » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:13 am

hahaha... u mean u actually do get spectators when u make watch purchases?... i thought it's more of a low key thing...
ipod video 5g, macbook black, htc tytn 2, sony ericsson w660i, olympus mju 700

izani
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#262 Post by izani » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:58 pm

Hoyay... my new 'toys' \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

(Not the real image, don't have digital cam)

Just received it. To keep my Seiko Kinetics fully charge since normal watch winder doesn't work well, more suitable for Automatic watch.

:thumbsup:
-- IR --

civic98
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 1350
Nuvi 55LM

#263 Post by civic98 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:29 pm

izani wrote:Hoyay... my new 'toys' \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Just received it. To keep my Seiko Kinetics fully charge since normal watch winder doesn't work well, more suitable for Automatic watch.
That's interesting, I though kinetic watches charges the capacitor by the same movements that works on normal automatic watches! How does that thing work? I don't see any attachment for the watch?? Take a pic with your watch on it!! :thumbsup:

Congrats on your purchase!

SOSweet
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: Nuvi 200W, Omnia II + GMXT

#264 Post by SOSweet » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:03 pm

izani wrote:Hoyay... my new 'toys' \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Bro izani, can it be used on any other watches like Rolex ?
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercises & Good Deeds

izani
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#265 Post by izani » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:15 pm

Ok... Seiko Kinetic watches uses kinetic energy (movement) to charge it's rechargeable battery (earlier model uses capacitor). There's at tiny generator in it. You can hear it's movement when you shake the watch.

The Kinetic charger that i bought uses electromagnet induction to charge the watch instead of movement. Induction trough it's charging coil instead of electricity generated by the generator. It take around 3-4 hours yo fully charge the watch. For a day of power, one need around 300 - 400 shake. Just imagine time saves to charge the watch.

I'll snap one when I'll borrow my friend's DC.

As for Rolex, I don't think it will work since Rolex uses spring drive to store the movement energy.

Cheers
-- IR --

anhydrous
GPS: HTC tytn2 - mapking 2007

#266 Post by anhydrous » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:01 pm

thats interesting... so how do u use it on the watch?
ipod video 5g, macbook black, htc tytn 2, sony ericsson w660i, olympus mju 700

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#267 Post by cruiser » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:48 pm

I trust it is only suitable when a watch, albeit Seiko or others (I doubt Rolex has any), that uses kinetic energy (movement) to charge it's rechargeable battery like it does with a Seiko Kinetic watch.

So what happens, if there is a power failure or breakdown and you are away on holiday for several weeks/months? Can it still operate on its own with an alternate power supply stored from earlier generation of condensed power? :-k

Very interesting indeed... :tq:
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#268 Post by cruiser » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:52 pm

cruiser wrote: Simple lehhh... Just stay on the buying spree on everything wristy and watch out for the next most costly mah.... You must have a stadium of spectators at every purchase you made, so why so worried??? :-k :mrgreen:
anhydrous wrote:hahaha... u mean u actually do get spectators when u make watch purchases?... i thought it's more of a low key thing...

I meant it to be "in YOUR case" la.... isn't it obvious brudder that U R on the shopping spree and splashing your spends with exposure here as well??? :nehneh:

Anyway, :tq: for sharing... on YOUR collection, nothing wrong on that.... :thumbsup:
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

izani
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#269 Post by izani » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:43 am

cruiser wrote:I trust it is only suitable when a watch, albeit Seiko or others (I doubt Rolex has any), that uses kinetic energy (movement) to charge it's rechargeable battery like it does with a Seiko Kinetic watch.

So what happens, if there is a power failure or breakdown and you are away on holiday for several weeks/months? Can it still operate on its own with an alternate power supply stored from earlier generation of condensed power? :-k

Very interesting indeed... :tq:
The device uses DC 9v only. And you don't need it for traveling since Seiko Kinetic battery will last for up to 6 months after full charge and up to 4 years for Seiko Kinetic Auto Relay model.

How to use the device? Just place the Kinetic watch dials on top of it like shown in this picture.

Cheers
-- IR --

civic98
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 1350
Nuvi 55LM

#270 Post by civic98 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:33 am

izani wrote:
The device uses DC 9v only. And you don't need it for traveling since Seiko Kinetic battery will last for up to 6 months after full charge and up to 4 years for Seiko Kinetic Auto Relay model.

How to use the device? Just place the Kinetic watch dials on top of it like shown in this picture.

Cheers
Wow.. That's interesting. BUT must be dangerous for normal automatic watches, I would assume that it is using some sort of magnetic force.

Btw, you're a forumer at WUS too?? What's your nick there? Mine's the same.