EuroCup 2008

Hamsters, geocachers, hikers, bikers, 4WD kakis, aviationist, fishing fans, scrambler fans, kitesurfers and more .. come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

Re: EuroCup 2008

#31 Post by cruiser » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:00 am

jaguar wrote: :gulp: 11pm now.. gonna sleep...... :drunk:

Wakey, Wakey bro Jag... \:D/

Hup,... HUP... HOLLAND is here again... and tonight, the Roemanians are next!!!

>> WiKi Smart move or >> WiKi Basics or >> WiKi on PDA + BT >>SpeedTest HERE<< Nuvi Tutorial ~ I use GlareStomper® Shades >> SGP highlights & I'm also HERE, when not in this Forum & Here for Inve$tment$ on the $ide
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#32 Post by cruiser » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:10 am

Tonights match, which is about to start soon @ 20:45 as scheduled, we will see some changes and players that are given the opportunity to perform. In light of Holland's guaranteed position for the quarter finals and again in view of our trump card, that Italy and/or France is solely dependent on... winning from the Romanians is only a matter of professionalism and the show, the ball... that has to be kicked, hard & scored at every given chance, not play complacent or relax as the pundits wished to bet on!!!

We just heard, Edwin (aka van der Man) won't be guarding the goal... it's either H. Timmer (Feyenoord) or M. Stekelenburg (Ajax). J. Heitinga will step in and our Orlando will take centrefield.

:thumbsup: We shall see...
:-'
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

cruiser
Elite
Elite

#33 Post by cruiser » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:58 am

Marco van Basten (Coach and former Ajax Ace scorer) Image

#1>Edwin van der Sar (Goal keeper/Captain/ Manu Utd) Image

#13>Henk Timmer (Res. Keeper/Feyenoord) Image

#16>Maarten Stekelenburg (Res. Keeper/Ajax) Image

#2>Andre Ooijer (Defense/Blackburn Rangers) Image

#3>John Heitinga (Defense/Ajax) Image

#4>Joris Mathijsen (Defense/SV Hamburg) Image

#5>Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Defense/Feyenoord) Image

#6>Demy de Zeeuw (Midfield/AZ) Image

#7>Robin van Persie (Striker/Arsenal) Image

#8>Orlando Engelaar (Midfield/FC Twente) Image

#9>Ruud van Nistelrooij (Striker/Real Madrid) Image

#10>Wesley Sneijder (Midfield/Real Madrid) Image

#11>Arjen Robben (Striker/Real Madrid) Image

#12>Mario Melchiot (Defense/Wigan Athletic) Image

#14>Wilfred Bouma (Defense/Aston Villa) Image

#15>Tim de Cler (Defense/Feyenoord) Image

#17>Nigel de Jong (Defense/SV Hamburg) Image

#18>Dirk Kuijt (Striker/Liverpool) Image

#19>Klaas Jan-Huntelaar (Striker/Ajax) Image

#20>Ibrahim Afellay (Midfield/PSV) Image

#21>Khalid Boulahrouz (Defense/FC Sevilla) Image

#22>Jan Vennegoor (Striker/Celtic) Image

#23>Rafael van der Vaart (Midfield/SV Hamburg) Image

Yeahhhh.... Hup, HUP... Huntelaar for scoring in the 2nd half in under 15 mins play-off!!

cruiser
Elite
Elite

#34 Post by cruiser » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:41 am

Holland > 2 - 0 < Romania

Ole...Ole-Ole Ollande...!!!

We head for Basel....for the next match... \:D/

cruiser
Elite
Elite

#35 Post by cruiser » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:07 am

low4 wrote: Naim: You know, Holland should have surrendered the game to Romania so that both France and Italy were kicked out for good. Because a revitalised Italy will come back to haunt Holland in the semifinal[/color]".

Bro,
But Holland preferred to stand high and proud, just like that day after the 4-1 game with France, they even said : we are 4-1 against France, who else can beat us !!!
:nehneh:
Thats true... it daunted the minds of many thousands... but seriously, this game is a SERIOUS one as well... both for our Coach and his credibility which was on the threshold... within Dutch Media that went as far back as 6 months :thumbsdown:

So, its all about credibility here and the motto was instilled: We ARE GOING to PLAY to WIN!!! and no less albeit having to see either France or Italy coming back through the technical default the structure has created... beating the Romanians is one thing, allowing the Italians to return is another but the ultimate goal is to play and WIN and show our new strategy is not to be disputed... by Marco's van Basten's understanding as Nat'l Coach.!!! :thumbsup:

I am sure... if a country like Iran faced the same option, so that Israel will not be allowed to return... it will do just that as you suggested... step out of line and is prepared to play away pride and credibility... :thumbsdown:

Well, we have our Western values and it stands tall and we are proud of it... and if Italy somehow beats Holland on a return match... So What?? Honor and credible pride is in our blood... no need to have any claims to do it as an :thumbsdown: "act of martyrdom"... which is a fundamentalist CRAP lately since 9/11. :thumbsdown:

As for soccer... a game is a game and one must be sporty to make it a worthy game to be involved in...

So... Hup....., HUP, Holland for us if you will...
:thumbsup:
>> WiKi Smart move or >> WiKi Basics or >> WiKi Specifics>> PDA + BT etc… >>SpeedTest HERE<< Nuvi Tutorial ~ I use GlareStomper® Shades >> SGP highlights & I'm also HERE, when not in this Forum & Here for Inve$tment$ on the $ide

jaguar
Councillor
Councillor
GPS: Nuvi 310, 60CSx, 10x

#36 Post by jaguar » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:01 pm

Wah lao eh....... last update was Jun 19 !!!! I stayed up to watch German-Turkey match last night..... and for the first half hour... I did conclude that Turkey is the better side.. base on their better passing and attacks and number of shots at goal................. then in the 2nd half.... tv zapped........ and then I zzz.... woke up and saw a 3-2 !!!! and I thought it was Turkey 3 :mrgreen: Rub my eyes .... Oh... German 3... =D> Hey.. I can tell you.... these people are pround of their team.... they color their faces and hair and clothes, carry flags while they walk around town, hang flags on their car windscreens and shout healthy slogans (thought the echo in the subway tunnels can sound deafening). Alll in all.. you can just feel the nationalism in them...... =D>
Look on the bright side ya? :muak:

ajay
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: PAPAGO M9; nuvi 205W

#37 Post by ajay » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:14 pm

all quiet now since most posts are from dutch supporters :D
ask not (just) what malsingmaps can do for you
ask what you can do for malsingmaps (also)

moeyHC
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575, Papaga N1, iGo, 5800, M1200, M1000B/C

#38 Post by moeyHC » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:14 pm

jaguar wrote:Wah lao eh....... last update was Jun 19 !!!! I stayed up to watch German-Turkey match last night..... and for the first half hour... I did conclude that Turkey is the better side.. base on their better passing and attacks and number of shots at goal................. then in the 2nd half.... tv zapped........ and then I zzz.... woke up and saw a 3-2 !!!! and I thought it was Turkey 3 :mrgreen: Rub my eyes .... Oh... German 3... =D> Hey.. I can tell you.... these people are pround of their team.... they color their faces and hair and clothes, carry flags while they walk around town, hang flags on their car windscreens and shout healthy slogans (thought the echo in the subway tunnels can sound deafening). Alll in all.. you can just feel the nationalism in them...... =D>
Long time no hear from the Big Cat.... Welcome back.

Our local Newspaper today's front page news is about a Guy who incur a RM90K debt betting on the Euro 2008 games.... and :drinkers: weed killer to kill himself when he cannot pay up.... A young wife and 4 kids future hang in the balance. Nationalism for some but deep sorrow for the victims of The Dark Side.... :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: ...no cheers.
MSM Glossary/Index - viewtopic.php?p=57986#p57986

9W2CBL
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 200 (US Version)
Nuvi 255W (TWN Version)
MobileXT (V5.00.30)

#39 Post by 9W2CBL » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:30 pm

This serve as reminder, Ball is round and you can't arrive any equation to predict win or lose. Pity the children future!
The real problem is not whether machine think but whether men do!

jaguar
Councillor
Councillor
GPS: Nuvi 310, 60CSx, 10x

#40 Post by jaguar » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:38 pm

Hee hee.. I like the Dutch side too... Still remember the World cup of 1984 between Holland-Germany. Johan Cruff was great and many betted on Holland at that time.... but I won 200 dollar becos I bet Germany.. Cheers Gerd Muller !!!

Back to now.... since i am in Munich (for the whole duration of the Eurocup), I might as well feel how it is like watching some of the games with the locals at the biergartens and pubs. Whoa.... when German went a goal down to Croatia a few weeks back, my german friends tell me to keep my head lower..... I sipped my beer quietly..... you can hear the loud 'sighs' around you.. :mrgreen: And I kept my eyes on the beautiful beer lady :D

OK... got to watch tonight's game (probably in doors becos look like has been raining all morning and probably will rain all day here). Russia Russia Russia !!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As for the poor chap in Penang.... 'sigh'..... some do gamble big and out of their capability.... :(

now... wakey Wakey WAKEY bro Cruiser !!! just becos your hup Hup Hup Holland lost.. you also lost interest ? chey !!! must see if I can inject some spirit into you :mrgreen:
Look on the bright side ya? :muak: