EuroCup 2008

Hamsters, geocachers, hikers, bikers, 4WD kakis, aviationist, fishing fans, scrambler fans, kitesurfers and more .. come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

Re: EuroCup 2008

#41 Post by cruiser » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:01 pm

jaguar wrote:Wah lao eh....... last update was Jun 19 !!!! Hey.. I can tell you.... these people are pround of their team.... they color their faces and hair and clothes, carry flags while they walk around town, hang flags on their car windscreens and shout healthy slogans (thought the echo in the subway tunnels can sound deafening). Alll in all.. you can just feel the nationalism in them...... =D>

What a delight, :mrgreen: 1st to reach back here in hometown Holland but with a sigh of sorrow when Holland was defeated by (and I blame it to overzealous, typical Dutch complacency...AS USUAL!!! :x ) Guus and his new coachland, Russia and to have our brudder prowling back after more than a week...or is it??? :evil:

:welcome: back Jag... yup, that was a good and entertaining duel and the Turks unforfunately lost the "fruit" to Germany's good fortune... or was it all down to luck??? You all know better too... :mrgreen:

It doesn't seem like Thursday over here... I'm treating it as another long weekend just started again... :thumbsup:

After the match, I heard no deafening claxons and/or fireworks hitting the skies and certainly, most Turks in The Hague maintained an overnight low profile... I am disappointed myself really, I would like a fresh face to dominate football in this way... sporting the good behavior of Turkish uproar & delight... one can't ignore but praise and add support to their jubilation... which we gave in and hail their last win to reach the semi finals!!! =D>

Between Russia & Spain... I would like to enjoy this other Spanish Titans put up against this other new "Gussain" team that is portraying our Dutch Export Diplomat of Football... Guus Hiddink.

I knew and felt Russia might just beat Holland... coz Guus knows just how to anticipate & the way the Dutch side will perform and it takes a Dutchman to know another much easily than any outsider could... aaaaand Russia subsequently won with 3 - 1, while I enjoyed every minute at the O2 in London with Neil Diamond's opening night of 4 concerts in the UK.

A guess for all of you... :-k What I had to pay for parking at the O2 for just under 3 hours being on the open air parking lot??!!! :hair: :mrgreen:

A sordid GBP26!!!

Tonight's the night..., noooo, not with Neil Young but between Russia & Spain and my hopes ly with the Russians for a change..., but I also hope, should Russia eventually beat the Germans for the EC 2008, the Russian Maffia doesn't succeed in getting involved either... but who is to stop them from the offside?? :rolleyes:

>> WiKi Smart move or >> WiKi Basics or >> WiKi Specifics>> PDA + BT etc… >>SpeedTest HERE<< Nuvi Tutorial ~ I use GlareStomper® Shades >> SGP highlights & I'm also HERE, when not in this Forum & Here for Inve$tment$ on the $ide
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

jaguar
Councillor
Councillor
GPS: Nuvi 310, 60CSx, 10x

#42 Post by jaguar » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:01 am

Hey hey hey.. your report is better than the Straitstimes preview :mrgreen: =D>

Russia Russia Russia !!! =D>
Look on the bright side ya? :muak:

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#43 Post by cruiser » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:24 am

:tq: for the comment there Jag... btw, U R not drinking enuf beers... Yes, I can tell...hahaaa

....and tonight, it is Russian Roulette for them if they don't pull thru with the Spanish Flies... :evil:

Erghhh, just when will this cat>>Image stop in its tracks...??? :-k :ko:
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

cruiser
Elite
Elite

#44 Post by cruiser » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:38 am

Well... my first two Guinness saw this Chenko (Rus) chap giving two potential goals but missers are what they are.. real MISSERS!!

I find Ramos (Sp) a raging sprinter and he's displayed good footwork while David Villa must have sprained his ankle and was happier to leave the field instead.
Fabregaz replaced Villa towards the last 12 minutes at this stadium in Vienna, Austria with 0 - 0 at half time.

Senna & Arshavin isn't giving their full force for either sides... must be the showers cooling them abit too much perhaps!!! :rolleyes:

Heyy Jag... which bier R U gulping at yr rainy side???

We're dry by us...

Cheers!!

cruiser
Elite
Elite

#45 Post by cruiser » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:20 am

Basta!!! Xavi Hernandez scored the 1st goal in under 7 mins of play-off!!!

A magnificent push-in with his foot from a pass across and in front of the goal post... where Putin's players were helpless to stop such a score... :thumbsup:

Going for another Guinness... the 3rd for this match.... :drinkers: and with just 32 mins of play, came the second score from Daniel Guiza with a light tab lobbied into the net... marvelous tactic displayed!!

Followed by Silva's spectacular score for the 3rd goal... they are like flies all over the Russians in this match!!! I guess I'll wait for the 3 pints from brudder Jag on this.... :mrgreen:

Spain 3 - 0 Russia

Guiza>>:Image

Xavi>>:Image

Silva>>:Image
Last edited by cruiser on Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

jaguar
Councillor
Councillor

#46 Post by jaguar » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:29 am

I drunking Paulaner Weissbier (that I bought from the supermarket) la.......... cheeap and good.... now 3rd one....

Sigh.... I enjoyed the hard fighting first hard which ended at 0-0... so I thought I can wait.... and I logged on and pounded at the keyboard to clear all the backlog mails to the malsingmaps helpdesk...... hoo hoo... you mean Spain scored 2 oredi !!!!

Yealh !!! ke dong ke dong......

OK... I change ... I bet on SPAIN... anyone wanna to bet 200 ? :mrgreen:

I go run see tv now... bye bye... :drinkers:

SOSweet
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: Nuvi 200W, Omnia II + GMXT

#47 Post by SOSweet » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:52 am

jaguar wrote:*snip* ....OK... I change ... I bet on SPAIN... anyone wanna to bet 200 ? :mrgreen:
Bro Jag, you very smart har. Bet after the result. Why don't you come back to Sg and wait for the 5 million TOTO draw result announcement than place your bet with Singapore Pools, see can or not. If can, I aslo want 1 share, if cannot, than I visit you in Changi. :mrgreen: :thumbsup:
Aiyah, you mabok oredy lah. :ko:
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercises & Good Deeds

jaguar
Councillor
Councillor

#48 Post by jaguar » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:48 pm

aiya.... 200 on the next game la....... SPAIN versus Germany !!! :mrgreen:

Spain SPAIN SPAIN !!!

oops... got the wrong color.. :mrgreen:

cruiser
Elite
Elite

#49 Post by cruiser » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:29 am

I'll place my hunch (= bet without $$$s :mrgreen: ) on Spain to win, due to the weather... and Spanish stamina.. probably, they take Spanish Fly again for their footies.... :evil:

>> WiKi Smart move or >> WiKi Basics or >> WiKi Specifics>> PDA + BT etc… >>SpeedTest HERE<< Nuvi Tutorial ~ I use GlareStomper® Shades >> SGP highlights & I'm also HERE, when not in this Forum & Here for daily Inve$tment Payout$

cruiser
Elite
Elite

#50 Post by cruiser » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:48 am

Today is the Finals in Vienna, Spain & Germany, playoff in Austria.

Torres made the 1st 1 - 0 against Germany in under 39 minutes.

Cheers to ALL who were watching with a Guinness...Image

>> WiKi Smart move or >> WiKi Basics or >> WiKi Specifics>> PDA + BT etc… >>SpeedTest HERE<< Nuvi Tutorial ~ I use GlareStomper® Shades >> SGP highlights & I'm also HERE, when not in this Forum & Here for daily Inve$tment Payout$