Hamburger Kaki.

Hamsters, geocachers, hikers, bikers, 4WD kakis, aviationist, fishing fans, scrambler fans, kitesurfers and more .. come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

FrancisTLim
Regular
Regular
GPS: 60CS

Hamburger Kaki.

#1 Post by FrancisTLim » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:45 pm

I am starting this thread for people who want to share their Hamburger eating experiences, especially in Malaysia & Singapore.

Please limit the discussions to real Hamburgers only. (Ie. not chicken, fish, or egg banjo, etc. You can always start a new thread for these.)
Regards,
Francis T Lim.

FrancisTLim
Regular
Regular

Re: Hamburger Kaki.

#2 Post by FrancisTLim » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:47 pm

What started me thinking of this thread was the new Wendy's at Sunway Pyramid. Unfortunately, I only tried the 2 patty and not the 3 patty version. Not bad. Quite tasty.

Then I tried the Burger King at Jejantas Sg Buluh. Nothing special.

Then I tried the Burger King at Bk Batok Westmall. Wow, the flame grilled patty smelt really fantastic. So I realised that it is not the brand of the hamburger, but the particular restaurant.

Then I tried the Carl Jr at Vivo city. Too bland for me. I had to add chilli & tomato sauce (which I seldom do). I only have to add chilli & tomato sauce for McDonalds hamburgers.

Botak Jones is not too bad, but must ask them to "well done" the patty. Otherwise, it is soft and does not give out that grilled beef smell. I tried the "normal" done patty and then the "well done" patty separately on consecutive days, and the "well done" one was definitely much better.

But in the end, the best for me is still the hamburger at Roxbury at Juru Autocity. Only RM19 and it is quite a big/thick patty with fat crispy fries.

Chilli's at Gurney Plaza is also not bad.

All this within the last 10 days, except for Chilli's at Gurney Plaza which I tried a few months ago.
Regards,
Francis T Lim.

sabre23t
Councillor
Councillor
GPS: Nuvi1350 and Google Maps Android

#3 Post by sabre23t » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:06 am

FrancisTLim wrote:Please limit the discussions to real Hamburgers only. (Ie. not chicken, fish, or egg banjo, etc. You can always start a new thread for these.)
Ah ... you mean beefburger, right? I see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger ...
Hamburger is actually a distinct product from ground round and other types of ground meat. However, ground beef of any form is often commonly referred to as "hamburger." [...] Contrary to what folk etymology might lead one to believe, there is no actual 'ham' in a hamburger.
The world is my 4sq venue!

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

#4 Post by bartmp8 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:28 am

If want to talk about beefburger only, then sorry la, I don't take beef. Anyway, I'm sure its
delicious. So you guys go ahead and discuss/describe and I'll just lurk :mrgreen:

civic98
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 1350
Nuvi 55LM

#5 Post by civic98 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:40 am

Too bad, if it's just about beef burgers, nothing much to talk about. If any burger, then it's different. I JUST MISS THOSE PORK BURGERS!!

notepal
Regular
Regular
GPS: GPSMAP 60Csx

#6 Post by notepal » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:48 am

i remembered at one time in Taiwan, i tried their non-halal hamburgers. It tastes great.
Warmest Regards

ajay
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: PAPAGO M9; nuvi 205W

#7 Post by ajay » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:07 pm

where are tho photos? :hungry:
ask not (just) what malsingmaps can do for you
ask what you can do for malsingmaps (also)

bernGPS
Senior Mapper
GPS: Garmin 10x, GPSmap78s (now become a lemon) & etrex Vista HCx

#8 Post by bernGPS » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:11 pm

bartmp8 wrote:If want to talk about beefburger only, then sorry la, I don't take beef. Anyway, I'm sure its
delicious. So you guys go ahead and discuss/describe and I'll just lurk :mrgreen:
You dont like cows ah? :-k

tlchuan
Junior Mapper
GPS: 10x, Oregon 300, 255w(retire) 2575RLM

#9 Post by tlchuan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:29 pm

Hong Kong Disney land Pork burger is the best i every have =P~
Ham Callsign = 9W2KDX
http://9w2kdx.blogspot.com/
Now In Subang Jaya

FrancisTLim
Regular
Regular

#10 Post by FrancisTLim » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:52 pm

FrancisTLim wrote:Please limit the discussions to real Hamburgers only. (Ie. not chicken, fish, or egg banjo, etc. You can always start a new thread for these.)
sabre23t wrote:Ah ... you mean beefburger, right? I see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger ...
Hamburger is actually a distinct product from ground round and other types of ground meat. However, ground beef of any form is often commonly referred to as "hamburger." [...] Contrary to what folk etymology might lead one to believe, there is no actual 'ham' in a hamburger.
Haha!! I have always believed to give credit where credit is due, so I have never called a Hamburger a beefburger before. The "Hamburger" is short form for "Hamburg steak". Hamburg is a town in Germany. I don't know how ham fits into the picture at all.

Just as there is no Frank (human) in Frankfurters, and there is no champ (champion) in Champaigne.

Anyway, I think you get the picture. I would be so sad if one day Malaysia is famous for something and people refuse to acknowledge it. Similarly, I am sure the town of Hamburg is proud that its Hamburger is so popular around the world, and we shouldn't deny them the credit & pride.
Regards,
Francis T Lim.