Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:56 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hamburger Kaki.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:19 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

GPS: PAPAGO M9; nuvi 205W
my wife is crazy about prosperity burger so we already ate it twice in the past 2 weeks

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:38 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Location: Acme Township, Ulu Michigan, USA and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
GPS: eTrex Vista HCx, Nuvi 3560, GPS Essentials on Android.
adilothman wrote:
Hayamaguchi,
You must have tried In And Out Burger by now? Or their cheese with fried onions? Now that is the kind of burger franchise the rest of the world needs!

My personal ranking :
Wendy's half-pound
BK's Mushroom Double Swiss (KLIA airport kitchen seems to do it perfect everytime - other places quality is patchy)
Carl's Jr messy burger
McD can makan laa .. when it is convenient. But i love their Oreo McFlurry - such a sinful magnet that drags me to McD.
I think A&W = daylight robbery. The burgers are just wayyyyy tooooooo smalll for the price.

The premium pricing structure of Carl's Jr is a bit of a mystery as a diner would be near crossing into .. Roadhouse Grill / Chilli's territory. Or even Madam Kwan's for that matter. And personally I dont think the burger is that tasty to warrant frequent visits at such high pricing structure. But that is just me.

Go go Wendy's!

Ah, Bro Adil! I see you are a burger connoisseur!

Yes, the In and Out Burger, which I enjoyed when I lived in California a few years back, is one of the best. Not the least of the reasons is that they are the only fast-food franchise that (at that time, anyway) produces fresh French Fries! Just about all franchises (including BK, my favorite, and Wendy's, a very close second) use par-cooked French Fries. Those french fries are already partly cooked in the factory before being shipped out to the stores. That way, the frying time can be kept to a minimum, and the variations in the raw potato (moisture content, etc.) will not cause too much variation in the finished product after cooking. Unfortunately, it no longer resembles home-made fries, which is what In and Out produces!

In and Out chooses to cook them fresh from raw potatoes sliced at the site using that interesting machine of theirs. The down side of this is the relatively long time it takes to cook the fries. When I worked at the Burger King Corp Asia Pacific office in S'pore in the early 1990's for a couple of years as a regional construction manager, the standard frying time for fries was 7 minutes. 7 minutes doesn't sound like a long time, but if you are the french fry operator, it is an eternity when there are a million hungry, angry people queued up for lunch! So bravo to In and Out for placing french fry quality first. (I haven't been there since 2001, when I moved to Ulu Michigan, so I don't know if this is still the case.)

And for me also, Wendy's is a close favorite to Burger King (and In and Out). I also like their Frosty chocolate ice cream product. Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:01 am 
Regular
Regular

GPS: 60CS
adilothman wrote:
Hayamaguchi,
You must have tried In And Out Burger by now? Or their cheese with fried onions? Now that is the kind of burger franchise the rest of the world needs!

My personal ranking :
Wendy's half-pound
BK's Mushroom Double Swiss (KLIA airport kitchen seems to do it perfect everytime - other places quality is patchy)
Go go Wendy's!

I also prefer Wendy's and BK. Coincidentally, I just found out (& tasted) that there is a Wendy's (opened not long) next to Lavender MRT station, and there is a (one and only?) Burger King opened not long near the seafront of the Sg Pinang flyover in Penang.

Wendy's was in Singapore once upon a time, but disappeared for a very long time. They opened in KL, and finally now they have returned to Singapore. I like their 3-patty version. Anyway, I find their patties more firm & juicy than those of the other chains.

Global fastfood chains very reluctant to open in Penang (I guess because of the good local food). KFC & McD only came to Penang long after they have opened in other parts of Malaysia, and now Burger King also just came to Penang years and years after other parts of Malaysia.

Surprisingly, Swensen's opened in Penang (near Tg Bungah if I remember correctly) at about the same time they opened in Ampang (KL) and Holiday Plaza (JB). I guess Penang people like Ice cream, so they can open at the same time as other parts of Malaysia.

Regards,
FrancisTLim.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:52 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
When in Singapore, try vegetarian burger. This place is 100% vegatariann, using no products at all that come from animals.

It is only a 5 minute walk from Eunos MRT.

http://www.veganburg.com/

Vegan Burg
Opening Hours: Daily 11:00am-10:00pm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:44 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

GPS: Nuvi 200W, Omnia II + GMXT
Bro SB, a burger without meat is not a burger. [-X Just like laksa without hum is not laksa.
You don't call it a HAMburger for no reason.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:49 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575, Papaga N1, iGo, 5800, M1200, M1000B/C
SOSweet wrote:
Bro SB, a burger without meat is not a burger. [-X Just like laksa without hum is not laksa.

Penang Laksa is without Hum..... but still call Laksa... :nehneh: :lol:

Quote Wikipedia...

" A hamburger (or burger for short) is a sandwich consisting of a cooked patty of ground meat (usually beef, but occasionally pork or a combination of meats) usually placed inside a sliced bread roll. "

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:54 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

GPS: Nuvi 200W, Omnia II + GMXT
That's why it is called "Penang Laksa". Whereas here we just named it "Laksa". =P~

Sorry for OT.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:30 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
Pardon my off-topic recommendation on the "VegiBurger". Healthy food la :thumbsup: :hungry: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:44 pm 
Qualified Mapper

GPS: Nuvi 1350
Hahahaa... Well said, but I think Beef and Mutton are not so good for people with high blood pressure. #-o Those without may eventually inherit... ](*,)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:05 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: 60CS
SOSweet wrote:

Haha!! No lah. Hamburger is short form for Hamburg steak. It is named to honour the town of Hamburg in Germany. Just like the Frankfurter is another type of food which is named to honour the town of Frankfurt in Germany.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next