Do you love flashlights?

Hamsters, geocachers, hikers, bikers, 4WD kakis, aviationist, fishing fans, scrambler fans, kitesurfers and more .. come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
samo
Regular
Regular
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:29 am
GPS: Geko 120, GPS Map 76csx and Garmin NUVI 610
Location: Subang Jaya
Contact:

Do you love flashlights?

#1 Post by samo » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:50 pm

How many of you folks out there actually carry a flashlight all the time? Well, I do and also collect them.. \:D/

Image

This is one of my favourite 'modification' - a Surefire e1 with a KL-4 LED assembly..

Image

Its purty neat..

Image

Here some of the larger Surefires in my keepsake.. They are great for hunting!

Image

My headlamps..

Image

More lights!

Image

And them small ones too!

Sam :D
have knives will travel...
samosauruschronicles.blogspot.com

User avatar
Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 2738
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:37 pm
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
Location: Hougang, Sg
Contact:

Re: Do you love flashlights?

#2 Post by Redstorm » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:57 pm

Nice collection you have. I don't collect torchlights but I do have a Surefire 6P -very tough and reliable. Am sure all other Surefire models are too. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :mrgreen:
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

User avatar
civic98
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 487
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:07 pm
GPS: Nuvi 1350
Nuvi 55LM
Location: Langkawi
Contact:

Re: Do you love flashlights?

#3 Post by civic98 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:59 pm

Bro Samo, you really do have a lot of GREAT flashes!! I can understand the addiction, I had to pull myself away from those Surefires since i got the G2 Nitrolon. But that was a totally new experience for me as well, paying over RM200 for a flashlight! :ko:

Been eyeing on the L4 LumaMax for some time already, and also the recent G2 LED. Though I would do better with incandescent (Genting, misty / foggy conditions)..

Bro Samo, where do you get them? Any special price?

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: Do you love flashlights?

#4 Post by SilverBeauty » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:21 pm

I have a few MagLites but that is as far as my collection goes. If you are ever in Singapore, you can find a variety of LED flashlights, all shapes and sizes at shops above the Golden Mile Food Centre.

User avatar
samo
Regular
Regular
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:29 am
GPS: Geko 120, GPS Map 76csx and Garmin NUVI 610
Location: Subang Jaya
Contact:

Re: Do you love flashlights?

#5 Post by samo » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:23 pm

civic98 wrote:Bro Samo, you really do have a lot of GREAT flashes!! I can understand the addiction, I had to pull myself away from those Surefires since i got the G2 Nitrolon. But that was a totally new experience for me as well, paying over RM200 for a flashlight! :ko:

Been eyeing on the L4 LumaMax for some time already, and also the recent G2 LED. Though I would do better with incandescent (Genting, misty / foggy conditions)..

Bro Samo, where do you get them? Any special price?
Hey bro Civic98, thanks for yer kind words.. I got the flashlights mainly from overseas. Hardly buy them here because the prices are ridiculous.. Some lights, like the M-3 and M-6, I got it from the secondary market. All good and about 45% less than retail. You just got to know who to trust and where to look for these toys. As for the M-4, I made a partial trade for it.. So, that's easily about 5-years of searching.. My aim was to complete my M-series stash.. Now, the only lil light 'missing' from my collection is the M-1. Right now, I am eyeing the SF cree L-1 digital lumamax.. Not too far from acquiring one.. And also the novatac lights. I have an older HDS-42 basic, cracked its glass and well, now, also looking for a replacement..

Image

My HDS EDC Basic-42

Sam :rock:
have knives will travel...
samosauruschronicles.blogspot.com

User avatar
civic98
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 487
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:07 pm
GPS: Nuvi 1350
Nuvi 55LM
Location: Langkawi
Contact:

Re: Do you love flashlights?

#6 Post by civic98 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:37 pm

Yea the prices here are ridiculous. I tried the online store but they don't ship here, even wrote a few emails to them asking to serve Malaysia. Then went to they reseller at Damansara, forgot what its name, a sales guy there was very helpful though it was just a office (they don't sell there).

Ended back at Ace Hardware, bit the bullet and got the G2 Nitrolon. Really wish there are other alternatives in getting these Surefires.

SilverBeauty, I grew up thinking Maglites were the best flashes around, had a few also, even 2 Solitaires (1 black and 1 gold), served me very well for many years, till I met Surefire! :thumbsup: Haha.. Do I sound like a weirdo! :nutz: Haha...

User avatar
samo
Regular
Regular
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:29 am
GPS: Geko 120, GPS Map 76csx and Garmin NUVI 610
Location: Subang Jaya
Contact:

Re: Do you love flashlights?

#7 Post by samo » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:50 pm

civic98 wrote:Yea the prices here are ridiculous. I tried the online store but they don't ship here, even wrote a few emails to them asking to serve Malaysia. Then went to they reseller at Damansara, forgot what its name, a sales guy there was very helpful though it was just a office (they don't sell there).

Ended back at Ace Hardware, bit the bullet and got the G2 Nitrolon. Really wish there are other alternatives in getting these Surefires.

SilverBeauty, I grew up thinking Maglites were the best flashes around, had a few also, even 2 Solitaires (1 black and 1 gold), served me very well for many years, till I met Surefire! :thumbsup: Haha.. Do I sound like a weirdo! :nutz: Haha...
Well bro Civic98, there are two schools of thought here.. China vs US-made flashlights. Surefire, having learned the market potential here in Malaysia -- including the new delivery of 14,000 units of Colt M4-A4s for our Army, have appointed an exclusive distributor for the country. All they need to do, is to sit down, take order and shake legs. So, when it boils down to the layman like you and me, we take the second-fiddle lah. Government procurement as it seems, has overshadowed the consumer market for tactical illuminators like the Surefires. So, many flashaholics have turned to China-made ones which is in some case, nearly as good -- at a fraction of the price. Moral of the story : Good things are not cheap and Cheap things aren't always good. So, no worries lah. We are on the same boat. Bit the bullet and now, mortar shells!

Sam :zzz: :$gone: :zzz:
have knives will travel...
samosauruschronicles.blogspot.com

User avatar
civic98
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 487
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:07 pm
GPS: Nuvi 1350
Nuvi 55LM
Location: Langkawi
Contact:

Re: Do you love flashlights?

#8 Post by civic98 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:53 pm

Well said Bro Samo!! :thumbsup:

twiki
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:10 pm
GPS: Garmin eTrex Vista HCx
Contact:

Re: Do you love flashlights?

#9 Post by twiki » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:04 am

Hi samo,

What's your nick/handle on CPF?

A man with that many lights must be a member there!


=D>
Garmin eTrex Vista HCx
Now the learning begins.

User avatar
samo
Regular
Regular
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:29 am
GPS: Geko 120, GPS Map 76csx and Garmin NUVI 610
Location: Subang Jaya
Contact:

Re: Do you love flashlights?

#10 Post by samo » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:19 pm

twiki wrote:Hi samo,

What's your nick/handle on CPF?

A man with that many lights must be a member there!


=D>
Hey bro Twiki... Unfortunately, I am not a member of the CPF... :-$

Sam \:D/
have knives will travel...
samosauruschronicles.blogspot.com

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest