Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:08 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 717 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 72  Next
 Post subject: Do you love flashlights?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:50 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Geko 120, GPS Map 76csx and Garmin NUVI 610
How many of you folks out there actually carry a flashlight all the time? Well, I do and also collect them.. \:D/

This is one of my favourite 'modification' - a Surefire e1 with a KL-4 LED assembly..

Its purty neat..

Here some of the larger Surefires in my keepsake.. They are great for hunting!

My headlamps..

More lights!

And them small ones too!

Sam :D

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:57 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
Nice collection you have. I don't collect torchlights but I do have a Surefire 6P -very tough and reliable. Am sure all other Surefire models are too. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :mrgreen:

Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:59 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 1350
Nuvi 55LM
Bro Samo, you really do have a lot of GREAT flashes!! I can understand the addiction, I had to pull myself away from those Surefires since i got the G2 Nitrolon. But that was a totally new experience for me as well, paying over RM200 for a flashlight! :ko:

Been eyeing on the L4 LumaMax for some time already, and also the recent G2 LED. Though I would do better with incandescent (Genting, misty / foggy conditions)..

Bro Samo, where do you get them? Any special price?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:21 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
I have a few MagLites but that is as far as my collection goes. If you are ever in Singapore, you can find a variety of LED flashlights, all shapes and sizes at shops above the Golden Mile Food Centre.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:23 pm 
Regular
Regular

civic98 wrote:
Bro Samo, you really do have a lot of GREAT flashes!! I can understand the addiction, I had to pull myself away from those Surefires since i got the G2 Nitrolon. But that was a totally new experience for me as well, paying over RM200 for a flashlight! :ko:

Been eyeing on the L4 LumaMax for some time already, and also the recent G2 LED. Though I would do better with incandescent (Genting, misty / foggy conditions)..

Bro Samo, where do you get them? Any special price?

Hey bro Civic98, thanks for yer kind words.. I got the flashlights mainly from overseas. Hardly buy them here because the prices are ridiculous.. Some lights, like the M-3 and M-6, I got it from the secondary market. All good and about 45% less than retail. You just got to know who to trust and where to look for these toys. As for the M-4, I made a partial trade for it.. So, that's easily about 5-years of searching.. My aim was to complete my M-series stash.. Now, the only lil light 'missing' from my collection is the M-1. Right now, I am eyeing the SF cree L-1 digital lumamax.. Not too far from acquiring one.. And also the novatac lights. I have an older HDS-42 basic, cracked its glass and well, now, also looking for a replacement..

My HDS EDC Basic-42

Sam :rock:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:37 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Nuvi 55LM
Yea the prices here are ridiculous. I tried the online store but they don't ship here, even wrote a few emails to them asking to serve Malaysia. Then went to they reseller at Damansara, forgot what its name, a sales guy there was very helpful though it was just a office (they don't sell there).

Ended back at Ace Hardware, bit the bullet and got the G2 Nitrolon. Really wish there are other alternatives in getting these Surefires.

SilverBeauty, I grew up thinking Maglites were the best flashes around, had a few also, even 2 Solitaires (1 black and 1 gold), served me very well for many years, till I met Surefire! :thumbsup: Haha.. Do I sound like a weirdo! :nutz: Haha...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:50 pm 
Regular
Regular

civic98 wrote:
Yea the prices here are ridiculous. I tried the online store but they don't ship here, even wrote a few emails to them asking to serve Malaysia. Then went to they reseller at Damansara, forgot what its name, a sales guy there was very helpful though it was just a office (they don't sell there).

Ended back at Ace Hardware, bit the bullet and got the G2 Nitrolon. Really wish there are other alternatives in getting these Surefires.

SilverBeauty, I grew up thinking Maglites were the best flashes around, had a few also, even 2 Solitaires (1 black and 1 gold), served me very well for many years, till I met Surefire! :thumbsup: Haha.. Do I sound like a weirdo! :nutz: Haha...

Well bro Civic98, there are two schools of thought here.. China vs US-made flashlights. Surefire, having learned the market potential here in Malaysia -- including the new delivery of 14,000 units of Colt M4-A4s for our Army, have appointed an exclusive distributor for the country. All they need to do, is to sit down, take order and shake legs. So, when it boils down to the layman like you and me, we take the second-fiddle lah. Government procurement as it seems, has overshadowed the consumer market for tactical illuminators like the Surefires. So, many flashaholics have turned to China-made ones which is in some case, nearly as good -- at a fraction of the price. Moral of the story : Good things are not cheap and Cheap things aren't always good. So, no worries lah. We are on the same boat. Bit the bullet and now, mortar shells!

Sam :zzz: :$gone: :zzz:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:53 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Nuvi 55LM
Well said Bro Samo!! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:04 am 

GPS: Garmin eTrex Vista HCx
Hi samo,

What's your nick/handle on CPF?

A man with that many lights must be a member there!

=D>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:19 pm 
Regular
Regular

twiki wrote:
Hi samo,

What's your nick/handle on CPF?

A man with that many lights must be a member there!

=D>

Hey bro Twiki... Unfortunately, I am not a member of the CPF... :-$

Sam \:D/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 717 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 72  Next