fishing kaki

Hamsters, geocachers, hikers, bikers, 4WD kakis, aviationist, fishing fans, scrambler fans, kitesurfers and more .. come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

adilothman
Site Owner
Site Owner
GPS: GPS V,Colo 300, 60CSx, Forerunner 305 & 405, Oregon 300, Nuvi 255W, 1350, 1460, 3790, 62S

Re: fishing kaki

#11 Post by adilothman » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:21 am

Redstorm wrote:I am more lucky with a different hobby that can easily conceal whenever I make a new purchase. If I buy a new flashlight, I can just keep it in my trouser pocket and throw away the box and the manual before I reach home. Walk into the house nonchalantly and dump the flashlight into one of the drawers in one swift movement. Some of my purchases were made online and delivered by registered mail. Well, when I reached home and seeing a packet lying on the table, she would say "Another flashlight, huh?" :mrgreen: Flashlights are cheap, which is my usual reply and that's the end of your query. So, moral of the story is - indulge in a hobby that doesn't need to spend 5 figures for a purchase. :wink:
The new Fenix TK40 monster torch is expected to retail at a shade below RM600. Don't tell me you're NOT buying it??? You can stand in line behind me, thanks. :wink:

Your strategy of claiming flashflights as "cheap" has gotten me into trouble before. Wifey saw the micro Zebralight H30 and asked me how much it was. I said "alah, murah only la. Tak sampai hundred bucks." Then she said since cheap, she took my one to put in her handbag and asked me to go buy a replacement for myself next time i am at the shop. Out of pocket by RM190 in a flash. :cry:
Malsingmaps is now an official partner of Garmin to produce maps for MY, SG & Brunei.

redshadow
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: Nokia N82+10X,,
Nuvi 350

#12 Post by redshadow » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:46 am

dwoon wrote:Come lah....we go Fw1 or FW3 to fish. :D
you do pond fishing often,,
nowadays these 2 ponds is not performing well,,ie in fish biting
Life Is Full Of Adventure

dwoon
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 200W

#13 Post by dwoon » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:12 pm

No lah.... hardly nowadays.... :( I used to at one time years ago..... but those ponds have since closed. (Yishun & Punggol Pro) But I hear that Punggol is still operating though I've not been there for years.

Been to FW3 about 2 months ago before the new management. That was a zero...... no even a bite and the few fellas that were around also got zilch.

Ah Tiong (FW1) was pretty good when I was there some 3 months ago. But it was very crowded, even at 12am.

[quote="redshadowyou do pond fishing often,,
nowadays these 2 ponds is not performing well,,ie in fish biting[/quote]

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM

#14 Post by Redstorm » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:36 pm

Redstorm wrote:I am more lucky with a different hobby that can easily conceal whenever I make a new purchase. If I buy a new flashlight, I can just keep it in my trouser pocket and throw away the box and the manual before I reach home. Walk into the house nonchalantly and dump the flashlight into one of the drawers in one swift movement. Some of my purchases were made online and delivered by registered mail. Well, when I reached home and seeing a packet lying on the table, she would say "Another flashlight, huh?" :mrgreen: Flashlights are cheap, which is my usual reply and that's the end of your query. So, moral of the story is - indulge in a hobby that doesn't need to spend 5 figures for a purchase. :wink:
adilothman wrote:The new Fenix TK40 monster torch is expected to retail at a shade below RM600. Don't tell me you're NOT buying it??? You can stand in line behind me, thanks. :wink:

Your strategy of claiming flashflights as "cheap" has gotten me into trouble before. Wifey saw the micro Zebralight H30 and asked me how much it was. I said "alah, murah only la. Tak sampai hundred bucks." Then she said since cheap, she took my one to put in her handbag and asked me to go buy a replacement for myself next time i am at the shop. Out of pocket by RM190 in a flash. :cry:
Yeah, the TK40 is a monster, no doubt, but for using AA batt, it's very attractive. You can get AA almost anywhere, even in the kampong stalls. :mrgreen: I am seriously considering getting one if the price is not too exorbitant. For most of us in Sg, flashlight is really a hobby and only playing around the house. In a highly urbanised setting and with very rare power outage here and so, very limited chance and places to put these light to full use. Well, maybe the "cheap" trick is not suitable for you. Think of something else. :wink:
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

bernGPS
Senior Mapper
GPS: Garmin 10x, GPSmap78s (now become a lemon) & etrex Vista HCx

#15 Post by bernGPS » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:23 am

Redstorm wrote:
Yeah, the TK40 is a monster, no doubt, but for using AA batt, it's very attractive. You can get AA almost anywhere, even in the kampong stalls. :mrgreen: I am seriously considering getting one if the price is not too exorbitant. For most of us in Sg, flashlight is really a hobby and only playing around the house. In a highly urbanised setting and with very rare power outage here and so, very limited chance and places to put these light to full use. Well, maybe the "cheap" trick is not suitable for you. Think of something else. :wink:
Can pinjam (borrow) or not? :mrgreen: Here in Sabah, power failure is a regular affair, althought I must say, the occurance has reduced compared to 2 years ago.

redshadow
Veteran
Veteran
Nuvi 350

#16 Post by redshadow » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:19 pm

dwoon wrote:No lah.... hardly nowadays.... :( I used to at one time years ago..... but those ponds have since closed. (Yishun & Punggol Pro) But I hear that Punggol is still operating though I've not been there for years.

Been to FW3 about 2 months ago before the new management. That was a zero...... no even a bite and the few fellas that were around also got zilch.

Ah Tiong (FW1) was pretty good when I was there some 3 months ago. But it was very crowded, even at 12am.

[quote="redshadowyou do pond fishing often,,
nowadays these 2 ponds is not performing well,,ie in fish biting
[/quote]

now ah tiong also no doing well,,and the fish is not bitibg due to the water condition

redshadow
Veteran
Veteran
Nuvi 350

#17 Post by redshadow » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:21 pm

bro bern,,
why not get a generator,so even power failure is not a problem

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#18 Post by SilverBeauty » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:32 pm

bernGPS wrote:["Redstorm"]

Can pinjam (borrow) or not? :mrgreen: Here in Sabah, power failure is a regular affair, althought I must say, the occurance has reduced compared to 2 years ago.

I volunteer to handle the shipping ... :mrgreen: during transition can mian mian =P~