PCC Ipoh Century Ride training ride, 145km

Hamsters, geocachers, hikers, bikers, 4WD kakis, aviationist, fishing fans, scrambler fans, kitesurfers and more .. come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

turbosnail
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Vista B&W, Vista HCx

PCC Ipoh Century Ride training ride, 145km

#1 Post by turbosnail » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:18 am

I joined PCC road ride when I went down to KL for an exhibition. I attended the exhibition on Saturday and the ride on Sunday. Total distance according to my GPS: 144.85km. Time: 5hours 48 minutes. Moving average speed: 25.3kmh
Route: Centre Point - Guthrie - Ijok - Sungai Tengi - Batu Arang - Ijok - Tropicana - Centre Point

Vincent Lim, my riding buddy picked me at Damansara Mutiara at 6.30am. The ride started at 7.30am. We decided to give us some time to have our breakfast. When we arrived the meeting place at Centre Point, Bandar Utama, there were already riders having their breakfast at the mamak store.

View of riders getting ready for the ride before the ride started. It was drizzling. Some of the riders decided not to continue.

First regroup point at Petronas Ijok. Some riders turned back after the first regroup point since they opted for the 80km ride. After discussing Vincent, I decided to follow the 145km group.

We reached the next regroup point at Sungai Tenggi at around 10.30am, which is 30km from the last regroup point. Pictures here are the lady riders that followed us. Do not be fooled by their sweet, innocent smile. They are really fast!

Seeing here group of riders discussing about their ride. The ride with white Merida Multivan team jersey is my friend, Vincent Lim.

We turned back after a short break at Sungai Tengi. The group decided to detour to Batu Arang since there were not much stuff to eat at SUngai Tengi. I was told that the return route would be flat. Man, it was the most difficult one hour I have done in this ride! So many hills to climb! My legs became jello when I reached Batu Arang!

Another stop at Elimma R&R, 15km before the ride ended. I was already dying due to strong head wind and scotching sun!

I finally finsihed the ride at around 1pm. Seeing are the riders who arrived first at Centre Point.

My ride, a basic 16 speed Trek 1000 SL with stock components.

Tracklog:
KL ride.gpx
(806.11 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

bernGPS
Senior Mapper
GPS: Garmin 10x, GPSmap78s (now become a lemon) & etrex Vista HCx

Re: PCC Ipoh Century Ride training ride, 145km

#2 Post by bernGPS » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:21 pm

I cannot imagine how my bum will feel about 5 hours on that saddle. The last time I sat on one like that is probably 20 years ago