Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:15 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 69  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:56 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Handheld, PDA Based
GMAPBMAP.IMG is actually the basemap, so just leave it as it is. If MSM NT is named GMAPSUPP.IMG and even without correct unlock codes (or UNL), it should at least result in the msg "Can't unlock maps..." when starting Garmin. Can you try that? That would at least confirm that Garmin is reading GMAPSUPP.IMG correctly.

Edit:
I think now I understand what you meant by not loaded. If you only installed the software as a trial, I don't think you will be able to pair Garmin with your phone's built-in GPS receiver, and hence no GPS fix. This means the default location is not anywhere within this region, so no local map will show up.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:19 pm 

GPS: pda
hi all,
and special greeting to dvpro my 'otai' in CCM,
i'm sorry to ask b'coz i really dont know about this device
it's b'coz my brother just go to china and told me that he brought a gps set
i really dont know the model and anything inside...
so for the first time user and really dont know nothing about this device..
i want to get an advise and step to do after i turn on this thing....

thank in advance and sorry if this topic related anywhere here

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:29 pm 

GPS: MapKingR12
hi all,
yesterday download latest map (update) my mapking r12. its work very well and thanks a lot to all contributors.
compared to pre-installed map, have new junction, road and also have a lot of POI including at my home town :wink:
thanks to all...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:19 am 

GPS: Garmin 760 USA and Garmin 765T USA
I am getting the can't unlock maps message. I cannot figure out why.
I did not delete my usa maps. figured that i don't need to.
I changed the MSM maps to gmapsupp.img and gmapsupp.unl
gmapprom1.img and gmapprom1.unl
both case I cannot unlock the maps. I have the Nuvi 760 usa version with the latest updates and firmware. Still cannot figure it out.
Both files installed in the same folder Garmin inside my GPS.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:31 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550
twoxtone wrote:
I am getting the can't unlock maps message. I cannot figure out why.
I did not delete my usa maps. figured that i don't need to.
I changed the MSM maps to gmapsupp.img and gmapsupp.unl
gmapprom1.img and gmapprom1.unl
both case I cannot unlock the maps. I have the Nuvi 760 usa version with the latest updates and firmware. Still cannot figure it out.
Both files installed in the same folder Garmin inside my GPS.

:welcome:
You have 2 set of nuvi. Did you managed to unlock for your 765T?

Did you follow the instructions from here using method for Garmin User B?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:18 am 

Got it to work. I have no idea why but i switch it out onto an SD card, remove all the files I left in my GPS root folder.
Here are the files in my SD card for those who encounter the same problem as me next time
Under /Garmin

1. D147000C.IMG
2. GMAPPROM1.UNL (HAS MY UNLOCKED CODE)
3. GMAPSUPP.IMG
4. GMAPSUPP.UNL (ALSO HAS MY UNLOCKED CODE)

I have no idea which files are redundant but it works so I am just going to leave it inside. LOL

Zeus73 - I have yet to install on the 765T yet but I figured if I copy everything onto a new SD Card and get a new unlocked code for the unit ID. It should work the same way? Followed the instructions on the download page, maybe it got to do with the way i unzip it? I am not sure, or I probably need 3 files instead of 2 when i first tried it.

Tried postal code search using my home address, cannot detect anything with 6 digits. Is this normal? Like i stay east side so when i key in my address, the postal code comes out to SG45 instead of SG 45XXXX

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:26 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

twoxtone wrote:
Got it to work. I have no idea why but i switch it out onto an SD card, remove all the files I left in my GPS root folder.
Here are the files in my SD card for those who encounter the same problem as me next time
Under /Garmin

1. D147000C.IMG
2. GMAPPROM1.UNL (HAS MY UNLOCKED CODE)
3. GMAPSUPP.IMG
4. GMAPSUPP.UNL (ALSO HAS MY UNLOCKED CODE)

I have no idea which files are redundant but it works so I am just going to leave it inside. LOL

Zeus73 - I have yet to install on the 765T yet but I figured if I copy everything onto a new SD Card and get a new unlocked code for the unit ID. It should work the same way? Followed the instructions on the download page, maybe it got to do with the way i unzip it? I am not sure, or I probably need 3 files instead of 2 when i first tried it.

Tried postal code search using my home address, cannot detect anything with 6 digits. Is this normal? Like i stay east side so when i key in my address, the postal code comes out to SG45 instead of SG 45XXXX

"D147000C.IMG" is MSM NT 2009.3, which is outdated. You should download from this post.

To run MSM from memory card, just rename "gmapprom1.img" to "gmapsupp.img" and "gmapprom1.unl" to "gmapsupp.unl".

For Postal Code search, touch Where to? -> Address -> Spell Postal Code. You can search by full 6 digit or part of it in order. But, the postal code data is not 100% yet. Most private housing estates are not in yet.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:32 am 

ah...no wonder I can't find my postal code. I tried a road name of where my friend stay. Just to let you know that it cannot be found so you can inform the developers to help improve the map, the road is Wimborne Road in Katong, also private housing estate. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:43 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

twoxtone wrote:
ah...no wonder I can't find my postal code. I tried a road name of where my friend stay. Just to let you know that it cannot be found so you can inform the developers to help improve the map, the road is Wimborne Road in Katong, also private housing estate. Thanks!

If the road is not in the map, you can help us to add it in. Read this and report here.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:32 am 

would love to but i understand you need coordinates to do that. I am not in Singapore right now so would be hard to obtain coordinates.

[/quote]
If the road is not in the map, you can help us to add it in. Read this and report here.[/quote]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 69  Next