Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:33 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 691 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 70  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:37 pm 

GPS: Nuvi765 from France
Hi again, I have done all that you advised.
Still can't get the m'sia map! Only French map!

What else can I do?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:46 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
CYIK wrote:
Hi again, I have done all that you advised.
Still can't get the m'sia map! Only French map!

What else can I do?

Change SD card :-'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:55 am 

GPS: gpsmap 60 csx
I am confused, cant seem to get any maps at all for Sabah on my Mac, is there something I am missing here?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:33 pm 

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 255W, Garmin eTrex, Blackberry
I have been using Malsingmaps on my Nuvi 255W in Brunei, Sabah and Sarawak for a few years now and wondered how I can get involved - what is needed to update map data, etc?

I have a 4x4 and go down a lot of unlisted roads, I also have a bunch of spare time ;)

I live in rural Brunei and note that there are a lot of roads that aren't on NT maps or are named incorrectly. I am also able to contribute a ton of bookmarks/locations - just need to know how to go about it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:35 pm 

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 255W, Garmin eTrex, Blackberry
spamosa wrote:
I am confused, cant seem to get any maps at all for Sabah on my Mac, is there something I am missing here?

I am using a Mac and am on Borneo and have never had a problem - what are you trying to do? If you are using the Garmin mapsource app, did you load the mapsource-compatible Malsingmap?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:59 pm 
Qualified Mapper

GPS: Garmin 60CSx + GA25MCX
Zootalaws wrote:
I have been using Malsingmaps on my Nuvi 255W in Brunei, Sabah and Sarawak for a few years now and wondered how I can get involved - what is needed to update map data, etc?

I have a 4x4 and go down a lot of unlisted roads, I also have a bunch of spare time ;)

I live in rural Brunei and note that there are a lot of roads that aren't on NT maps or are named incorrectly. I am also able to contribute a ton of bookmarks/locations - just need to know how to go about it.

:thumbsup: you can start post your contribution to this forum... :welcome:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:32 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: Garmin 10x, GPSmap78s (now become a lemon) & etrex Vista HCx
Zootalaws wrote:

Hi zootalaws,

All it takes to update the map data is interest and have a bunch of spare time. I see you have got both and that solves 75% of the problem.

Next question is are you computer literate? Since you have been using a GPS for a few years and can access this forum, so that solves another 20% of the problem.

With 95% in hand, I think you are good to go.

First go to www.geopainting.com/En and ckick this link to download and install this wonderful software. You can use this Unregistered version to do your mapping but I do advise you to get the Registered version because Google Earth underlay is available only in Registered version.

If you need face to face hand holding session to get you going in mapping, we have a mapper based in Limbang and another based in Lawas. If you come to Kota Kinabalu, I could meet up with you.

Do let us know which you prefer. By the way, are you based in Bandar side or Temburong side of Brunei? Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:34 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: Garmin 10x, GPSmap78s (now become a lemon) & etrex Vista HCx
nazrose wrote:
Zootalaws wrote:

:thumbsup: you can start post your contribution to this forum... :welcome:

Brilliant idea, but its more fun if you are able to edit the map yourself.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:52 pm 
Qualified Mapper

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 200, Garmin Oregon 300, Garmin Mobile PC (Windows), Garmin Nuvi 765
Welcome zootalaws,

At last. We have a mapper and a contributer (Belait-Labu).
You will always come to Limbang and we shall discuss how to become a mapper. Its a easy process but in need of thorough study. But what i can say, enjoy mapping.. Its a healthy hobby and as i quote below, fame is waiting for you.

Right now, im teaching Aluk76 from Kuala Belait to take his tracklog. Maybe the next meeting, we shall track and map together and shall teach you step by step on mapping.

Central Borneo Region Mapper and Tracker.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:34 pm 

GPS: Nuvi 1350
Can someone guide how to get the latest Malaysia/Singapore speed trap POIs and how to get it installed in my 1350? Thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 691 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 70  Next