Hiking/Swimming

Hamsters, geocachers, hikers, bikers, 4WD kakis, aviationist, fishing fans, scrambler fans, kitesurfers and more .. come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

wonall
GPS: None Yet

Hiking/Swimming

#1 Post by wonall » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:43 pm

hi all,

as i`m now working at Kl, i Wonder is there any place i can hiking at every weekend?hopefully it`ll be near from Setapak Area or within KL.

1 more question, is there any beautiful beach, i mean which allow me to swim most near to the Kl? maybe port dickson?

hopefully i`ll get some suggestion,a series of coordinates is prefer! i`m bored for the city life!

Thanks!

endura
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Garmin 60Csx

Re: Hiking/Swimming

#2 Post by endura » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:00 pm

The nearest will be bukit Tabur in Melawati....here's the lat/lon for trail head N3.23393 E101.74914 but i see you haven't own a gps yet....google this and look for the direction

hacker
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Dopod D810+GPSproxy2.2C+Garmin

#3 Post by hacker » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:47 pm

Look like very nice place. Is it very difficult to climb. What is the recommend time to climb to get the best scenery. Estimate time of the journey?
Never Ending Quest For New Map.
Life in Digital Colour
http://mybiebie.blogspot.com

wonall

#4 Post by wonall » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:27 pm

oh, that`s gorgeous! i like the view very much! Thx! so beside this, got any else to recomment? i`m greed after seeing that view!

yes, i found the spot via google earth. it`s near too from setapak. gonna launch a exploration, hehe

richnet
Regular
Regular
GPS: ASUS P535

#5 Post by richnet » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:30 pm

wonall,

setapak is quite a nice place that is full of TARCian and alot of leng luis..
I used to stay there last time..

Places where you wander around are:
1. Melawati, there's a bukit there.. but I forgot the name.. guess it's the one that endura mentioned.
2. Hang out yam cha with friends in Desa
3. genting drive
4. titiwangsa

OH YEA!!!
this is my 50th post!!! yes yes!! :)

endura
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#6 Post by endura » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:14 pm

hacker wrote:Look like very nice place. Is it very difficult to climb. What is the recommend time to climb to get the best scenery. Estimate time of the journey?

its a half day trip....best to go in before sunrise. From the trai head to the spot for sunrise photographing is only 20mins.

need a lot of climbing and the lime stones can be sharp.

endura
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#7 Post by endura » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:15 pm

wonall wrote:oh, that`s gorgeous! i like the view very much! Thx! so beside this, got any else to recomment? i`m greed after seeing that view!

yes, i found the spot via google earth. it`s near too from setapak. gonna launch a exploration, hehe
plenty lah.....i can introduce you tho hiking/climbing kaki you you want....I myself don't do much hiking anymore :|

cwyap
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin GPSMapper 60CSx + Garmin eTrex H + I-Blue 737 Bluetooth GPSr + Columbus V-900 Bluetooth GPSr

#8 Post by cwyap » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:48 pm

You can take a short hike @ Ulu Gombak - Sg. Pisang.

And if you have own transportation, take a strenous hike up Sg. Lepoh waterfall, that's located in Ulu Langat. The view and cooling waterfall at the end of the hike are well worth the effort.
Courage is not living without fear.
Courage is being scared to death and doing the right thing anyway.
- Chae Richardson

wonall

#9 Post by wonall » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:55 pm

cwyap wrote:You can take a short hike @ Ulu Gombak - Sg. Pisang.

And if you have own transportation, take a strenous hike up Sg. Lepoh waterfall, that's located in Ulu Langat. The view and cooling waterfall at the end of the hike are well worth the effort.
can u provide me the coordinate for both Ulu Gombak - Sungai Pisang and Ulu Langat waterfall coordinates? i nid to view via google earth to be there as i`m not so familiar with Kl or Selangor area. Thx

endura
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#10 Post by endura » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:37 pm

wonall wrote: can u provide me the coordinate for both Ulu Gombak - Sungai Pisang and Ulu Langat waterfall coordinates? i nid to view via google earth to be there as i`m not so familiar with Kl or Selangor area. Thx
Pisang waterfall is here N3.31683 E101.73277..But your trail starts from Gombak road here N3.30249 E101.73729

Pisang waterfall

You will trek under Karak highway through these tunnels