Appropriate time to service vehicles.

Hamsters, geocachers, hikers, bikers, 4WD kakis, aviationist, fishing fans, scrambler fans, kitesurfers and more .. come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

kimsian86
GPS: kuala lumpur

Appropriate time to service vehicles.

#1 Post by kimsian86 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:19 pm

normally how many km will car have to be serviced? several car manufacturer like perodua will suggest do service once per 3 month. is it by km or month? My axia is at about 5000km and used rarely as i go to work by public transit. need explaination

JOJO_Kin
GPS: Waze

Re: Appropriate time to service vehicles.

#2 Post by JOJO_Kin » Tue May 21, 2019 9:41 pm

my consultant advice me to service my car every 6 month or max 10k mileage, it depend which one come 1st. Better do the service constantly, if not many part will easily get problem. If you go back to perodua, i think they got the service schedule for you.

Randi233

#3 Post by Randi233 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:47 pm

So your vehicle just put at home? how often you use the vehicle per week, better start the engine sometimes even you didnt use it, if not the engine will have some problem. Lubricant oil also important, use branded oil is better than cheap and unknown product.

BurnoIISon

#4 Post by BurnoIISon » Tue May 21, 2019 9:54 pm

Are you serving loan payment for the AXIA? if yes then not worth, having new car but no used it. However, if usually drive also need the petrol cost, still finding a way to cut cost, public transport at my area not convenience.

JOJO_Kin

#5 Post by JOJO_Kin » Thu May 23, 2019 8:21 am

BurnoIISon wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:54 pm
Are you serving loan payment for the AXIA? if yes then not worth, having new car but no used it. However, if usually drive also need the petrol cost, still finding a way to cut cost, public transport at my area not convenience.
Everyone also want to cut cost on petrol but the price always remain the same. When i sent my car to service, the workshop introduce me petronas new petrol and say that can help us to save money. I tried for few week, it actually work.

JOJO_Kin

#6 Post by JOJO_Kin » Thu May 23, 2019 8:32 am

Randi233 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:47 pm
So your vehicle just put at home? how often you use the vehicle per week, better start the engine sometimes even you didnt use it, if not the engine will have some problem. Lubricant oil also important, use branded oil is better than cheap and unknown product.
branded oil have the good quality to protect our vehicle engine, normally people tend to pick the cheap product, then the engine start having problem. And i start refill petronas petrol to protect my engine, as the primax prodrive can clean up the vehicle engine.

chanmeik
GPS: Garmin

#7 Post by chanmeik » Thu May 23, 2019 2:31 pm

JOJO_Kin wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:32 am
Randi233 wrote:
branded oil have the good quality to protect our vehicle engine, normally people tend to pick the cheap product, then the engine start having problem. And i start refill petronas petrol to protect my engine, as the primax prodrive can clean up the vehicle engine.
but most of my fren who gt experience pick up good product, so not normally people will tend to pick the cheap product...
priority things is the enjin pf the car

PrishaNathan11
GPS: Android

#8 Post by PrishaNathan11 » Thu May 23, 2019 2:37 pm

JOJO_Kin wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:32 am
Randi233 wrote:
prodrive is new oil?? coz i ald long time not pump petronas, i pump other oil

kimsian86
GPS: kuala lumpur

#9 Post by kimsian86 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:05 pm

Randi233 wrote:
Yeah, i only drive for balik kampung sometimes or if have party invitation but it is rare. Start like once per two week is it ok? Took public transport because the lrt near my home and workplace. Maybe I can save gas expenses too? haha

esther_chan
GPS: alor setar

#10 Post by esther_chan » Fri May 24, 2019 3:37 pm

JOJO_Kin wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:21 am
BurnoIISon wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:54 pm
Everyone also want to cut cost on petrol but the price always remain the same. When i sent my car to service, the workshop introduce me petronas new petrol and say that can help us to save money. I tried for few week, it actually work.
I second dis, evyone hv been talking bout dis n my brother also recomen me to use d fuel. I was skeptical at first. Usually when i refill my car, can use only 2 weeks. Now the new fuel give abt 1/4 more leftover. :shock: :shock: . Instantly fall in love.