Fishing kaki?

Hamsters, geocachers, hikers, bikers, 4WD kakis, aviationist, fishing fans, scrambler fans, kitesurfers and more .. come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
lxthong
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:08 pm
GPS: nuvi 310
Location: Kota Kemuning,Shah Alam
Contact:

Fishing kaki?

#1 Post by lxthong » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:05 pm

hi.. :-k just wndering if there are any fishing kaki out there who equally love to travel with a GPS....

User avatar
ayam390
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:37 pm
GPS: Garmin Vista
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Contact:

Re: Fishing kaki?

#2 Post by ayam390 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:25 pm

:mrgreen: you get one here,
need any fishing spot?
How about we ask every one post they
picture with fish and The GPS detail
like Long and Lat, evelation, accuracy and time?
just like what we do in Malaysia BenchMarking. :lol:
forgive my poor english

lxthong
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:08 pm
GPS: nuvi 310
Location: Kota Kemuning,Shah Alam
Contact:

Re: Fishing kaki?

#3 Post by lxthong » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:25 am

ayam390 wrote::mrgreen: you get one here,
need any fishing spot?
How about we ask every one post they
picture with fish and The GPS detail
like Long and Lat, evelation, accuracy and time?
just like what we do in Malaysia BenchMarking. :lol:
hehe that would be a good idea :wink: but i think all photos and reports will be transferred right back to this thread by the admin.anyway where do you normally fish bro ayam390?sad to say i havent brought my nuvi unit out to sea and turn it on b4 :cry: ,but will try on my next trip.dunno if it will work as i think it is a land based GPS.i normally go out to sea,but would jump at any fishing chance whenever i can....
:hungry:

User avatar
ayam390
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:37 pm
GPS: Garmin Vista
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Contact:

Re: Fishing kaki?

#4 Post by ayam390 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:03 pm

:D i'm a fresh water 'fishingman'. we are not fishermen because we took what we need a release what we don't need.(catah and release)
look like you are a salt water 'fishingman'.
so we can share our story on fishing.
most of my place to fishing is lake, river, dam and inside jungle. :thumbsup:
lxthong wrote:[quote="ayam390anyway where do you normally fish bro ayam390?sad to say i havent brought my nuvi unit out to sea and turn it on b4 :cry: ,but will try on my next trip.dunno if it will work as i think it is a land based GPS.i normally go out to sea,but would jump at any fishing chance whenever i can....
:hungry:
forgive my poor english

User avatar
civic98
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 487
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:07 pm
GPS: Nuvi 1350
Nuvi 55LM
Location: Langkawi
Contact:

Re: Fishing kaki?

#5 Post by civic98 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:18 pm

Yo this is a good start. I've stopped fishing many years already, would love to get into it again. New gears would be needed i suppose. Any recommendations?

And would be great to have recommendation spots, both fresh and saltwater fishing. Especially free spots :thumbsup:

orangminyak
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:30 pm
GPS: garmin nuvi 310
Garmin mobile 10x / mobile xt
Itrek / nroute
Garmin Gpsmap 276c
Location: Penang
Contact:

Re: Fishing kaki?

#6 Post by orangminyak » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:30 pm

bro, cannot use nuvi lar coz it does not display the bluecharts correctly. Also the nuvi does not come with an electronic compass etc. Use the 60csx which is also water proof.


lxthong wrote:
ayam390 wrote::mrgreen: you get one here,
need any fishing spot?
How about we ask every one post they
picture with fish and The GPS detail
like Long and Lat, evelation, accuracy and time?
just like what we do in Malaysia BenchMarking. :lol:
hehe that would be a good idea :wink: but i think all photos and reports will be transferred right back to this thread by the admin.anyway where do you normally fish bro ayam390?sad to say i havent brought my nuvi unit out to sea and turn it on b4 :cry: ,but will try on my next trip.dunno if it will work as i think it is a land based GPS.i normally go out to sea,but would jump at any fishing chance whenever i can....
:hungry:

lxthong
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:08 pm
GPS: nuvi 310
Location: Kota Kemuning,Shah Alam
Contact:

Re: Fishing kaki?

#7 Post by lxthong » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:41 am

[quote="orangminyak"]bro, cannot use nuvi lar coz it does not display the bluecharts correctly. Also the nuvi does not come with an electronic compass etc. Use the 60csx which is also water proof.


thanks for the info.anyone owns a garmin fish finder(if there is one)?i guess i wont even bring my nuvi out to sea now.

orangminyak
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:30 pm
GPS: garmin nuvi 310
Garmin mobile 10x / mobile xt
Itrek / nroute
Garmin Gpsmap 276c
Location: Penang
Contact:

Re: Fishing kaki?

#8 Post by orangminyak » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:47 am

lxthong wrote:
orangminyak wrote:bro, cannot use nuvi lar coz it does not display the bluecharts correctly. Also the nuvi does not come with an electronic compass etc. Use the 60csx which is also water proof.


thanks for the info.anyone owns a garmin fish finder(if there is one)?i guess i wont even bring my nuvi out to sea now.
You should look at the Garmin 60csx, Gpsmap 76 or gpsmap276/376.

All the above are somewhat waterproof. The 60csx does not float whereas the 76csx does. I dunno whether the 276 floats or not but shall give you a report once mine arrives.

As for fish finders, the Garmin Gpsmap 276 and above can accept garmin sonars as an accesory to the GPS unit. So it looks like its gonna be the 276 for you.

User avatar
samo
Regular
Regular
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:29 am
GPS: Geko 120, GPS Map 76csx and Garmin NUVI 610
Location: Subang Jaya
Contact:

Re: Fishing kaki?

#9 Post by samo » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:35 pm

Signing-in! I am a 'sotong-kaki' been bitten by the sotong bug for more than 10 years. Each time I set out to sea, my Garmin GPS 72 has been a loyal companion, marking the sotong holes as well as using the celestial mode to get the moon-phase and best fish 'n hunt time.. Now, I've already upgraded to my GPSmap 76 csx.. Thankfully, my old desktop's RS-232 port is still working for me to upload my waypoints to the latest Garmin Waypoint manager! \:D/

Image

My most recent sotong trip to Kemaman, Terengganu...

Image

Catch 'n release snakehead fishing in Temerloh, Pahang..

Image

Snakehead fishing is one of my favourite freshwater angling foray..

Sam
have knives will travel...
samosauruschronicles.blogspot.com

orangminyak
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:30 pm
GPS: garmin nuvi 310
Garmin mobile 10x / mobile xt
Itrek / nroute
Garmin Gpsmap 276c
Location: Penang
Contact:

Re: Fishing kaki?

#10 Post by orangminyak » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:23 pm

nice toman! Got any poi of good toman hideouts?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests