The F1 plane

Hamsters, geocachers, hikers, bikers, 4WD kakis, aviationist, fishing fans, scrambler fans, kitesurfers and more .. come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

naim
Great Travel Bum
Great Travel Bum
GPS: Samsung Note 2 :D

The F1 plane

#1 Post by naim » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:12 am

Delivered to AirAsia earlier this month, I took this pic of the A320 (reg. 9M-AFW) as I arrived at LCCT from PDG last Thursday. Some say it's ugly, but in real life, it's not too bad. It's an Ugly Duckling. :D

Pls visit my travel pictorials at http://naim.my

SOSweet
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: Nuvi 200W, Omnia II + GMXT

Re: The F1 plane

#2 Post by SOSweet » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:17 am

To the airline, ugly or not is secondary. Making money from advertisments are more important. Bottom line count. :lol:
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercises & Good Deeds

jonecoogan
GPS: NONE

The F1 plane

#3 Post by jonecoogan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:29 pm

The plane came straight in front of me so I could get the best doppler shift. Then I put That data another program where you take the highest......sound wave theres another name for it but the highest frequence sound wave from when the airplane comes toward you, then you take the lowest sound frequence when the airplane goes away from you. its 24,323rpm on the program but its actually little more higher than that cause of past test on the ground we tack an engine 16,000rpms on the ground and on the program on the computer showed slightly less.I also did many different passes to get a good reading for a sound wave, being careful not to get away to far an get an inaccurate reading for rpms.the max speed showed 177mph but the was also down wind. The actually speed of my vector is 160mph with the Nelson F1.