Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:23 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:14 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: 60CS
jwkong wrote:
hi bro,

i have tried all the 22 channel in the FRS/GMRS radio.

from my testing all the channel is empty and clear of usage.
another funny thing is that using all 22 channel i have tested and found out that FRS channel 8 - 14 have a very big difference in terms of sound and clear voice.

when i am using all the GMRS channel 1-7 and 15-22 there is so many static.

this is why i feel very weird.
they say GMRS is longer... but my GMRS is worst than FRS.
The frequency difference is only 467MHZ and 462MHZ... not much difference in terms of disturbing other legal frequency cos the frq only varies in 5MHZ which is 1 wideband...

Anyone tested their FRS/GMRS walkie talkie before for longest and clearest channel?

thanks.

Thanks for your long explanation. In that case, then I think it must be due to the circuitry. The frequency distribution & bandwidth are the same for FRS & GMRS. Only the allowable power output is different. FRS channels are limited to 0.5W. GMRS channels can go beyond 0.5W, so maybe that has something to do with the way the circuit works on your sets. I previously tried on many other sets and I cannot find those difference.

Yes, there is a difference in terms of disturbing other legal frequency users. For example, if you go to different parts of Malaysia, you will hear some radio-telephone traffic on one or two of the channels. Different channels in different parts of the country. However, that was a few years ago. I think, as the country gets more wired, there will be less use of the radio-telephone channels.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:54 pm 

GPS: Nokia N5800 Garmin XT
hi Francis bro,

thank you for the explanation.
Yeah i also found it to be funny.
It should be the same and the frequency doesnt differ much between 462 and 467mhz.
but in terms of testing around my house using 2 different brand the outcome somehow terbalik compare to other thing i saw in the internet.

weird huh....

hhahahaa...

but anyhow like you say last time.. i need to test it again using other places to check on the best channel.
damn... FRS/GMRS is cheap but yet so confusing.
hhahaha

to badd i cant touch ham radio or those pro radio yet.

I saw some online and like the wouxun kg uvd-1p is RM 300+ in Ebay including delivery but in malaysia its Rm600 with sirim sticker i think....

hahahahah

everything else is the same.
so bro what do you think?
is there any different for this 2 set?
maybe the ebay one custom need some kopi.

haahaha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:25 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: 60CS
jwkong wrote:
It should be the same and the frequency doesnt differ much between 462 and 467mhz.
but in terms of testing around my house using 2 different brand the outcome somehow terbalik compare to other thing i saw in the internet.

Like I said, it could be due to your particular models (bad circuit design), or it could be due to your particular sets (bad alignment during manufacturing).

jwkong wrote:
but anyhow like you say last time.. i need to test it again using other places to check on the best channel.
damn... FRS/GMRS is cheap but yet so confusing.

Not really confusing lah. Because of the fixed channels, it is already so much easier to coordinate among many people (eg. many members of your family on outing in a few cars), or in a amusement park, etc. Luckily, in Malaysia & Singapore, the channels are not so crowded. Only occasionally you will clash with another party. In USA, very frequently can find other parties using the same channel. So, whenever I use them in the USA with my colleagues (eg. Yosemite, Disneyland, etc.), we speak in dialect. Easy to know which is our traffic and which is from others. Hehe!!

jwkong wrote:
to badd i cant touch ham radio or those pro radio yet.

I saw some online and like the wouxun kg uvd-1p is RM 300+ in Ebay including delivery but in malaysia its Rm600 with sirim sticker i think....

hahahahah

everything else is the same.
so bro what do you think?
is there any different for this 2 set?
maybe the ebay one custom need some kopi.

Yeah, the Sirim sticker (actually it is an AP) is to enable you to legally bring it into Malaysia through customs. However, once it is inside Malaysia, the legallity is depending on your licence. Whether you have the Ham or Pro licence. For FRS & GMRS sets, definitely cannot get the sticker, because the frequencies are not legal for CB use in Malaysia. Malaysian CB band walkie-talkies can be found in some shops, usually in rainbow colours. These have SIRIM AP stickers.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:54 pm 

hahaha...
ya correct. its not so crowded here yet those frs/gmrs channel.
lets just hope the illegality is still hidden.
hahahahaha..

thanks bro for the help...
i hope to upgrade soon... at least with a class b license first.
heheehehe

:good: :good: :good:
:tq: :tq: :tq:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:22 pm 

GPS: Nv765
Hi all Sifu's and Otai,

Pheww took me alost 2 hrs to read all the thread
from starts and need some help and your advice

Me and my friends just got 4 sets of Moto T5720
for this coming long holiday convoy to Samui and
was very disappointed with distance as claims from
the packaging and wondering any sifu's can help

As we will be travelling with 6 cars and hv tested
the range and am worry that when using the last car
might not hear me..

Cheers, :tq:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:30 pm 

Hi Forteowner,

Its actually like this, even for any radio there will be skipping anytime anywhere when you are travelling in a car.

i have tried it myself and the range of 6 car is normal for FRS radio like T5270.

i have 6 uniden and midland frs.
it is indeed very frustrating if we follow the spec that the label claims.

but what you can try is to tune and test each frequency on a static location. once you got a longer range then u can use that one.

normally if you use it in static condition the range will be longer and the reception will be better than in a car. :peace:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:00 pm 

GPS: garmin
hi to all sifus.recently i got a set of walkie talkie from a NGO(local community)..so due to i am better in computer compare to others member(some basic computer knowledge)..so i was assigned to help a member(responsible for whole talkie task) in maintenance,setting and troubleshooting. but due to the member is oversea(for some period) so..i try to google around for walkie setting but to no avail..no specific information was found till i pass through this posting on this forum.so would like to ask all sifus around,is there anyway to set a security-like or any method,to protect our own NGO walkie setting from copy by others?since our NGO is for local security purposes.so afraid if any members lost his/her talkie set to bad culprit,they can copy the setting easily and duplicate,and can spy on our own members conversation.please guide.tyty.sorry for my bad english

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:23 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Garmin GPSMapper 60CSx + Garmin eTrex H + I-Blue 737 Bluetooth GPSr + Columbus V-900 Bluetooth GPSr
webbie wrote:
hi to all sifus.recently i got a set of walkie talkie from a NGO(local community)..so due to i am better in computer compare to others member(some basic computer knowledge)..so i was assigned to help a member(responsible for whole talkie task) in maintenance,setting and troubleshooting. but due to the member is oversea(for some period) so..i try to google around for walkie setting but to no avail..no specific information was found till i pass through this posting on this forum.so would like to ask all sifus around,is there anyway to set a security-like or any method,to protect our own NGO walkie setting from copy by others?since our NGO is for local security purposes.so afraid if any members lost his/her talkie set to bad culprit,they can copy the setting easily and duplicate,and can spy on our own members conversation.please guide.tyty.sorry for my bad english

Unless the NGO you are helping out has a range of frequencies assigned to it by MCMC, it can only use the "free" range listed below:-
A personal radio service device shall only utilize any of the following frequency bands assigned for this class assignment, amongst other uses, on a shared non-exclusive basis:
(a) 26.9650 MHz to 27.4050 MHz;
(b) 477.0125 MHz to 477.4875 MHz; or
(c) 477.5250 MHz to 477.9875 MHz.
http://www.skmm.gov.my/link_file/registers/cma/ClassAssignment/pdf/Class%20Assign-BI-register.pdf (see Page 11)

Additionally, you cannot encrypt your transmission if you are on PRS frequencies (see Page 12 of the same document).

For security purpose, what you can do is programme maybe 3 sets of frequencies for all units (your members can switch channel if the one currently selected is occupied by others). If 1 unit is lost, then you can reprogramme for the others a different sets of frequencies - all of which must be within the permitted range. I am going to assume your walkie-talkies either come with a programmable keypad or a programme cable with software. And if you are really paranoia, you can have everyone who use the walkie-talkies to make use of disposable authentication code - that's going to the realm of spies and special force already :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:31 am 

=D> =D> =D>

hahha...
a little bit kua cheong already wor...
disposable authentication code..
hehehehe....

easily say..
you are using free channel. anyone can use that frequency...
if they really lost the walkie....
buy another one lo....
you cannot hold the frequency to yourself and even if someone didnt steal it... those with walkie can still scan ur channel and listen to you anytime...

O:)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:48 pm 

GPS: e668
TYT TH-F8 UHF is Good set . It has 400-480MHz. It Covers the Malaysia FRS Frequency. you can set it to 477.xxx Mhz and it transmit High(4w) and Low(0.5w). So it is legal if you transmit at 0.5 watt. I got it at RM270 and if u have a Amateur License then you can use the Amateur Band as well.

**Please take note of this:
Citizen Band: 477.0125 – 477.5250 - Maximum Transmission is 5w (Channel spacing is 12.5 khz) You can only use this Frequency Max is 5watts &
FRS : 477.5250 – 477.9875 - Maximum Transmission is 0.5w (Channel spacing is 12.5 khz) - You can only use this Frequency legally and anything more then 0.5watt is not approved by SKMM.(Taken from SKMM WTS LMR Rev. 1.01:2007)

The Latest SKMM 2011 covers the :
MLA41: Portion of these bands 456.00 MHz to 459.00 MHz and 460.00 MHz to 470.00 MHz are used
for walkie-talkie (point-to-point).

You can download the SKMM PDF file here:
http://www.skmm.gov.my/attachment/pdf/Spectrum_Plan_final_Sept2011.pdf

So I guess the Walkie Talkie out there is still legal !!

Hope this info helps.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next