GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

Re: Junction View / 3D Buildings Update

#71 Post by SilverBeauty » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:19 pm

saintdagon wrote:ok actually what is the difference?can anyone tell me?i thot a software upgrade on nuvi 1460 should enable the 3d building view

Yes, for example on the Nuvi 765, it is a software ( firmware ) upgrade needed for the JCV but this can only come from Garmin.

This is a marketing decision for region specific releases so if they so choose to do so on yours only Garmin can answer it .....

saintdagon
GPS: nuvi 1460

#72 Post by saintdagon » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:01 pm

just got a reply for garmin regarding 3d building view on nuvi 1460,the reply goes like that
Thanks for contacting GARMIN corp.

I would be happy to clarify for you. nuvi1460 does not support 3D landmarks so that we will not have any 3D landmarks updates for it. Please understand about this.

When replying to this message please be sure to include all previous correspondences.

Mapseagull
GPS: Palm OS and Hulux1000

#73 Post by Mapseagull » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:34 pm

Hi there,

I need some education here. Please kindly enlighten me can Nuvi 765WT model purchased in US works in Singapore with 3D junction view?

Thank you so much!

wsian
Site Admin
Site Admin
GPS: SIRFstar III

#74 Post by wsian » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:07 am

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#75 Post by SilverBeauty » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:33 pm

Mapseagull wrote:Hi there,

I need some education here. Please kindly enlighten me can Nuvi 765WT model purchased in US works in Singapore with 3D junction view?

Thank you so much!
Two answers :

YES, MSM will work in your unit

rjb
Senior Mapper
GPS: Garmin Colorado 400t, all the older ones sold but want new one :)

#76 Post by rjb » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:24 pm

Which is all rather a shame for some. I do not have a Garmin from Asia, and have spent quite some time on the map for their devices; yet cannot use this feature. As such, I have zero incentive to make any effort on the JCV or Lane Assist. I guess they might get lucky with someone else taking that on here, but we struggle to get folks (except for a few) to contribute POIs.

Zeus73
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550, Kenwood DNX4150BT

#77 Post by Zeus73 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:31 pm

rjb wrote:Which is all rather a shame for some. I do not have a Garmin from Asia, and have spent quite some time on the map for their devices; yet cannot use this feature. As such, I have zero incentive to make any effort on the JCV or Lane Assist. I guess they might get lucky with someone else taking that on here, but we struggle to get folks (except for a few) to contribute POIs.
Err... Lane Assist should works on all units that support the feature. Only JCV is restricted to localized units. I think... :-k

johndow
Regular
Regular
GPS: 60CSx, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 3597LMTHD

#78 Post by johndow » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:55 am

Zeus73 wrote: Err... Lane Assist should works on all units that support the feature. Only JCV is restricted to localized units. I think... :-k
I probly can confirm that. Mine is 855. I try using malsingmaps n the lane assist is working but no JV.
johndow

zamoza
GPS: nuvi 1460

#79 Post by zamoza » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:44 pm

Zeus73 wrote:For a start, I think we should collect lane informations at every junctions... Working on Lane Assist first...

I think that such info is very useful... Able to guide drivers into the correct lane...

But then, how do we go about submitting such info??? Number of lanes on the road and direction for every single lane...

I can cover for Yew Tee and Choa Chu Kang (Singapore)... :mrgreen:

As for Junction View and 3D Buildings, I think we will need very big memory card as time goes by... Maybe work on confusing junction first for a start and see how things go... :-k
Hi zeus,
After reading so many nice articles from many topics, I would to be a contributor/mapper. But when I just take an instruction from the writing, I am king of blur, cant picture what you are talking about. So I wannna know do you have gathering where I can join and does any mapper/contributor live around gombak selangor so that I can go and learn with him/her on this. Thanks :ko:
ZamOza
BIG regards to Mapper/Contributor

miezarnd
Senior Mapper
GPS: Yang dalam kereta punya
https://goo.gl/XBdH3k

#80 Post by miezarnd » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:54 pm

zamoza wrote:Hi zeus,
After reading so many nice articles from many topics, I would to be a contributor/mapper. But when I just take an instruction from the writing, I am king of blur, cant picture what you are talking about. So I wannna know do you have gathering where I can join and does any mapper/contributor live around gombak selangor so that I can go and learn with him/her on this. Thanks :ko:
Hi zamoza,

As a start, since you are staying in Gombak, you probably need to check this out as a guide create a map.

Regards,
Temerloh - Sekinchan - Sg. Puyu = 7
2575LM / 3790 / 4592LM / GPSMAP 64s / Montana 650
Jalan-jalan cari makan