It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:14 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Lane Assist
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:43 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550
adilothman wrote:
Since we have managed to get the coding right, the main focus for Lane Assist for the next NT release, IMO, should be Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and Penang.

:thumbsup:
How do we go about submitting data to mappers???

Once we got more data in MSM, maybe I'll consider to get a nuvi 255W SG/MY...

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:47 pm 
Site Owner
Site Owner

GPS: GPS V,Colo 300, 60CSx, Forerunner 305 & 405, Oregon 300, Nuvi 255W, 1350, 1460, 3790, 62S
Hi Zeus,

Maybe for starters, you can do your own Most Wanted Lane Assist Intersection and see which ones the mappers want to pick up first.

I have to confess that when I was in Singapore a few weeks ago, there were moments when I wished Lane Assist was there instead of going .. um .. um .. is it this left or should I stick in the middle .. and then deciding to taram onli ... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:59 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

While I was thinking on how to send in the info to the mappers, I just realize that I got another problem...

I don't have a device that supports Lane Assist... In a long run, how would I know if the info for the junction is in already or not???

Maybe it's time to get at least a nuvi 255W SG/MY since MSM is moving towards this direction...

Btw, can MapSource see Lane Assist info???

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:59 pm 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
SilverBeauty wrote:
Bro Bern, first let me find my "dream" home in Kuching, then we can talk coding ..... :mrgreen:

:shock: aiyahhh... you too want to settle there??
I hope its not too over crwded by Sporeans by the time we find our own suitable property... but nice to have brudder SB line the lanes within the neighborhood.... :thumbsup: :rock:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:57 am 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 255W
SilverBeauty wrote:
Hi Adil, thanks for the reply. Will this feature be made available for global sets vs JCV which is available only to market specific sets ? :tq:

Anyone can answer this? I am hoping that even 205W can benefit from it. Else, it's time to really consider selling off 205W (less than a year old unit) and upgrade to 255W.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:29 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

chick wrote:
Anyone can answer this? I am hoping that even 205W can benefit from it. Else, it's time to really consider selling off 205W (less than a year old unit) and upgrade to 255W.

Even if Lane Assist is not region locked, only 205W TWN support this feature... The rest all cannot... :-k

For SG/MY units, I think currently only 255W and 765 support Lane Assist...

Check on the spec of your nuvi and you will know the answer... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:30 am 

GPS: Kenwood DNX-7100, Nuvi 660, 60CS, Holux Slim 236
Officially 760 doesn't even support Junction View. However, Garmin updated the 760 software to support it so I hope they update the software to support lane assist. Unfortunately since they released 765, maybe they aren't going to expend the effort.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:03 pm 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
The fact that Lane Assist being visibly introduced and appreciated among certain models and selected regions, one must not overlook the dangers of blind dependence on such a worthy and helpful feature esp. by those who drive without the skills of multi distraction firmly under control with both hands, eyes and ears to steering the vehicle at the timely moment it requires.

The ones who will and can truly benefit from this new helpful feature are those who can almost steer a vehicle with both hands not touching the steering wheel, having a long sip from a drink, or munching a burger while also conducting a business conference call and retaining patience as well while caught up in a crawling and congested snail-pace traffic jam plus a host of other distractions from within like screaming/demanding kids seated behind and there's an irritating fly or two testing yr nerves inside yr cockpit.... if you can stage a coolness & skill over all these without applying excessive brakings and yet cruising VERY fast in your drives and being fully aware of traffic prudence from hot-headed tempers and no road rage fears with other motorists... than lane assist is ideal as a small but yet another helpful tool to have in your GPS unit.

Lane assistance can generally demand your full focus on that darn screen... just think, your eyes are often off the road for that matter...
Would you feel safe now if you are a passenger to someone who says s/he has it too but you know better, that the said person drives like a nerve-wreck before your eyes under normal conditions even with full attention and gripping the steering wheel like a life & death survival ordeal on any given day???

Lane assist is ideal for cool-headed drivers.... not for those whom you know are better off staying off the roads!! :prayer:

Consider upgrading your Insurance cover (recommended) for if you are indeed found to have a GPS on board and with the Lane Assist feature to be operating and you are easily found to be the cause of a casualty accident.... the claim from death or material damages is ON YOU for deliberate ignorance to road safety and awareness for taking your eyes off the road...
[-X :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:24 am 
Senior Mapper

GPS: 60csx, Nuvi 2465
Read this tutorial on how to contribute to Lane Assist:

http://masmap.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=212

Follow our map updates on Twitter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:48 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: GPS Garmin Nuvi 200
Noah wrote:
Read this tutorial on how to contribute to Lane Assist:

http://masmap.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=212

Hi Noah,

From the link that you have given us, it is not very clear on how we can contribute to the Lane Assist. I know of a few confusing roads in KL/Selangor which should have the Lane Assist feature. Do I need special software to contribute ?

Thanks for replying.