I wld like to volunteer

Moderator: Moderators

cindy_b
GPS: nuvi 200w

Re: I wld like to volunteer

#11 Post by cindy_b » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:54 am

Hi Adil,

I have PM you house number data for entire Puchong Jaya and a bit more! This is fun! I hope they are acceptable.. [-o<

adilothman
Site Owner
Site Owner
GPS: GPS V,Colo 300, 60CSx, Forerunner 305 & 405, Oregon 300, Nuvi 255W, 1350, 1460, 3790, 62S

#12 Post by adilothman » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:06 pm

:good: With postcode as well! You didn't tell us you HAVE Mapsource!

We are now exchanging notes with Garmin engineers on how best to display postcode data.
Malsingmaps is now an official partner of Garmin to produce maps for MY, SG & Brunei.

cindy_b

#13 Post by cindy_b » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:31 am

Good morning MSM!

I noticed that shops such as Zara, Mothercare etc are not in the map .. so i did some research and have come up with a listing of shops & locations that I would like to see in teh map! Can you add them pretty please??

jasonlee
Senior Mapper
GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2576R, 3560 & Etrex 30

#14 Post by jasonlee » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:35 am

cindy_b wrote:Good morning MSM!

I noticed that shops such as Zara, Mothercare etc are not in the map .. so i did some research and have come up with a listing of shops & locations that I would like to see in teh map! Can you add them pretty please??
Hi Sis Cindy_b,

Gladly if you will provide the gdb files of the different outlets. Even just the full name, coordinates and a description of their business will do.
Lean not on your own understanding

cindy_b

#15 Post by cindy_b » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:44 am

jasonlee wrote:Hi Sis Cindy_b,

Gladly if you will provide the gdb files of the different outlets. Even just the full name, coordinates and a description of their business will do.
Good morning Jason,

Noted sir! Thank you. I was worried that MSM would not list these types of shops. Y'see, I have other buddy sista's who would like contribute more women interest type POIs. Like salons, spa's, facial clinics .. tee hee hee ...

Ok! Will get cracking!

jasonlee
Senior Mapper
GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2576R, 3560 & Etrex 30

#16 Post by jasonlee » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:54 am

cindy_b wrote: Good morning Jason,

Noted sir! Thank you. I was worried that MSM would not list these types of shops. Y'see, I have other buddy sista's who would like contribute more women interest type POIs. Like salons, spa's, facial clinics .. tee hee hee ...

Ok! Will get cracking!
Good morning Sis Cindy_b,

While I cannot speak for MSM on which types of shops will be included as POIs in the maps but you should not judge the character of MSM or MSM's maps from what you see because everything (or almost everything) has so far been contributed by brothers so naturally they will be POIs of interest to brothers. I am sure there are many sisters out there who are GPS users so if they start contributing what is of interest to them, in the very least our maps will become more useful to both genders. Just send in your contribution and see.
Lean not on your own understanding

ace
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)

#17 Post by ace » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:49 am

Set up a separate section for them to contribute the POIs of female interests..... :-k

Spa? :-k Market? #-o Clothings? :$gone:

But who is going to moderate that section? Kissnight? :lol: Sure close shop in one week.. :lol: Maybe Jaguar... :-k

Probably need some fence to keep the wolves :-' out. :lol:
I don't have free fish......

adilothman
Site Owner
Site Owner
GPS: GPS V,Colo 300, 60CSx, Forerunner 305 & 405, Oregon 300, Nuvi 255W, 1350, 1460, 3790, 62S

#18 Post by adilothman » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:03 am

ace wrote:
Probably need some fence to keep the wolves :-' out. :lol:
Wah .. ruling yourself out of the picture so soon already?? Notty boi .. :nehneh:
Malsingmaps is now an official partner of Garmin to produce maps for MY, SG & Brunei.

bernGPS
Senior Mapper
GPS: Garmin 10x, GPSmap78s (now become a lemon) & etrex Vista HCx

#19 Post by bernGPS » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:45 pm

cindy_b wrote: Good morning Jason,

]Ok! Will get cracking!
jasonlee wrote:Good morning Sis Cindy_b,

While I cannot speak for MSM on which types of shops will be included as POIs in the maps but you should not judge the character of MSM or MSM's maps from what you see because everything (or almost everything) has so far been contributed by brothers so naturally they will be POIs of interest to brothers. I am sure there are many sisters out there who are GPS users so if they start contributing what is of interest to them, in the very least our maps will become more useful to both genders. Just send in your contribution and see.
Some members in East malaysia starting to collect POIs block by block. I put everything in the map. I know it looks crowded, but search will return the results
Attachments
POIs.JPG

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

#20 Post by bartmp8 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:52 pm

bernGPS wrote: Some members in East malaysia starting to collect POIs block by block. I put everything in the map. I know it looks crowded, but search will return the results
Ya, like this:
SDKm4.JPG