Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:46 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Oregon Series
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:01 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Trimble Ensign.Foretrex 101/401.Etrex H/Vista HCx.Nuvi 255W/205.NOKIA E72.iPad 64GB 3G.
Non-Beta version 3.20 firmware is out for Oregon series! Available only on WebUpdater.

Software 3.20

* Added LKS92 map datum
* Added support for GPS firmware 3.70
* Added support for GPI routes
* Improved compass responsiveness
* Fixed potential shutdown related to drawing 32-bit map points
* Fixed potential issues during power on.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:20 pm 
Junior Mapper

GPS: 10x, Oregon 300, 255w(retire) 2575RLM
anybody know how to do APRS setting for oregon 300 using UI-View32 with garmin Spanner program ?

Post subject: Exciting Stuff!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:58 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Trimble Ensign.Foretrex 101/401.Etrex H/Vista HCx.Nuvi 255W/205.NOKIA E72.iPad 64GB 3G.
Beta firmware versions for the Oregon, Colorado and Dakota are out supporting custom raster maps! :thumbsup: =P~

Links available at GPSFix.net and Garmin's website.

For Oregon x00 Series -

Change History
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.22:

* Added support for Garmin Custom Maps. See our blog post about this new feature at
http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/trail-tech/.
* Report problems with this beta to TrailTech@garmin.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:15 am 
Junior Mapper

GPS: 10x, Oregon 300, 255w(retire) 2575RLM
Oregon software version 3.22 Beta
as of October 7, 2009

Download (4.23 MB)

View installation instructions and system requirements

Notes:

Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.
Change History
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.22:
Added support for Garmin Custom Maps. See our blog post about this new feature at
http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/trail-tech/.
Report problems with this beta to TrailTech@garmin.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:36 pm 

GPS: Garmin Oregon 400t
Bad luck never comes alone. Within a couple of weeks my hard drive of my iMac died and my Oregon 400t stopped working as well.
Luckily I was in Holland at the time and went to the Garmin service center. I always had the idea that my machine was not 100% from day one on. But without any device to compare I just left it to a bad design.
Garmin replaced my old Oregon 400t for a new one (94 SGD for administration costs) and the new one is ten times better than the old on.
But my problems have returned! I lost all my windows programs and to be honest I don't think that I will put it back on my iMac or MacBook.

So, my dear friends: Who can help me to get Malsing back on my machine (without a Windows computer)? I also still have a copy of my old Thailand Routable (from my old 60CsX) but I can't bring it to my Oregon because I don't have a windows computer.

Please help me on this one?

Jielus in Thailand and on his way to Malaysia and Singapore on the 23rd of october.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:43 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550
jielus wrote:
Bad luck never comes alone. Within a couple of weeks my hard drive of my iMac died and my Oregon 400t stopped working as well.
Luckily I was in Holland at the time and went to the Garmin service center. I always had the idea that my machine was not 100% from day one on. But without any device to compare I just left it to a bad design.
Garmin replaced my old Oregon 400t for a new one (94 SGD for administration costs) and the new one is ten times better than the old on.
But my problems have returned! I lost all my windows programs and to be honest I don't think that I will put it back on my iMac or MacBook.

So, my dear friends: Who can help me to get Malsing back on my machine (without a Windows computer)? I also still have a copy of my old Thailand Routable (from my old 60CsX) but I can't bring it to my Oregon because I don't have a windows computer.

Jielus in Thailand and on his way to Malaysia and Singapore on the 23rd of october.

Err... You just need the map, right?

Read this then. Follow instructions for Garmin User B. Maybe need to rename gmapprom1.img/unl to gmapsupp.img/unl.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:57 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
jielus wrote:

Bro Zeus73 has provided you with links to our download section to download the latest map. A computer is essential to copy the map files into your Oregon handheld. Suggest you look for hotel business centre or internet cafe for the use of a computer.

Your Thailand map resides in the uSD card. If the map is not locked to unit ID but to the uSD ID, you can physically move the card to your Oregon.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:49 am 

GPS: Garmin Oregon 400t
It looks like I got it up and running again.

But, without being unthankful, the manual sometimes is a bit difficult to follow.

But it works, that's the most important thing. Next week of to Malaysia to see the MotoGP on Sepang.

Jielus.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:08 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The non-beta version firmware for the Oregon series of GPS units for custom map support and etc is ready; v.3.30.

Available only through Webupdater so far...

BR,
w a y

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:53 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Garmin adds official support for Custom Maps. Update available via Webupdater.

Oregon 400t (should apply to 200/300/400x):

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download ... sp?id=4051

Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.30:

* Added support for Garmin Custom Maps
* Improved along road routing performance

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next