GPSmap 76CSx

Discussions on Garmin eTrex, GPSMap60, GPSMap76, Rino & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
Bear30
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:24 am
GPS: GPS76csx
Location: S'pore
Contact:

Re: Any1 knows where to repair broken Garmin 76CSx screen?

#121 Post by Bear30 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:11 pm

i reAlly dun mind abt the title... BTW thankz for the help...
:prayer:
BEAR 30

sarawakguy
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 12:00 am
GPS: GPSMap 76Cx, Garmin 10x, Palm Tx, Nokia E71, Nokia 9300
Location: Kuching, Sarawak
Contact:

Hard Reset GPSMap 76CSx

#122 Post by sarawakguy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:24 pm

Sifu Berngps,

Thanks for showing and recovering the firmware & software after a hard reset on GPSMap 76CSx during the recent mini GG in Kuching.

Saved and rescue a <1 year old gpsr. If go to retailer, donno if they gonna "potong" :$gone: :ko: ](*,) :fire:

Thanks for sharing sifu. =D> :prayer: :tq: :good:

User avatar
bernGPS
Senior Mapper
Posts: 3369
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:00 am
GPS: Garmin 10x, GPSmap78s (now become a lemon) & etrex Vista HCx
Location: Sabah & Sarawak
Contact:

Re: Hard Reset GPSMap 76CSx

#123 Post by bernGPS » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:56 pm

sarawakguy wrote:Sifu Berngps,

Thanks for showing and recovering the firmware & software after a hard reset on GPSMap 76CSx during the recent mini GG in Kuching.

Saved and rescue a <1 year old gpsr. If go to retailer, donno if they gonna "potong" :$gone: :ko: ](*,) :fire:

Thanks for sharing sifu. =D> :prayer: :tq: :good:
Aiyoo, my 2 year old 76CSx has less scratch than that one O :o . If the owner does not want it anymore, I know a Baram member need one badly. :mrgreen:

build6
Regular
Regular
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:41 pm
GPS: nüvi 255w (SG/MY localized)
GPSMAP 76CSx
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: GPSmap 76CSx

#124 Post by build6 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:00 am

hello all bros who have one -

have a qn about the 76CSx

one thing i like to do is, after i travel, i like to save the "track" logs (per Garmin terminology) so I can show the places I travel and the path I travel by

so I want to ask, how many of these tracks can the Garmin save? can they be saved onto a memory card so that I never have to delete any? I have used a more basic GPS before and have to decide which track to delete so I can store a newer one, which I don't like to do

thanks!

User avatar
bernGPS
Senior Mapper
Posts: 3369
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:00 am
GPS: Garmin 10x, GPSmap78s (now become a lemon) & etrex Vista HCx
Location: Sabah & Sarawak
Contact:

Re: GPSmap 76CSx

#125 Post by bernGPS » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:34 am

build6 wrote:hello all bros who have one -

have a qn about the 76CSx

one thing i like to do is, after i travel, i like to save the "track" logs (per Garmin terminology) so I can show the places I travel and the path I travel by

so I want to ask, how many of these tracks can the Garmin save? can they be saved onto a memory card so that I never have to delete any? I have used a more basic GPS before and have to decide which track to delete so I can store a newer one, which I don't like to do

thanks!
How much track log you can save is limited by the Capacity of the MicroSD card you have installed in your 76CSx. I think the Maximum size card you can use is 4GB. To have sure the tracks are saved.

Click MENU MENU --> Track
01 Track.png
Track Page
01 Track.png (3.25 KiB) Viewed 2059 times
Click Seup --> Enter and Select Data Card Setup

Check the Box at the top
Attachments
02 Check Box.png
02 Check Box.png (3.92 KiB) Viewed 2059 times

build6
Regular
Regular
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:41 pm
GPS: nüvi 255w (SG/MY localized)
GPSMAP 76CSx
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: GPSmap 76CSx

#126 Post by build6 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:59 am

hi bernGPS,

thank you for your reply, appreciate it

got one more qn though - in your first screenshot, there is at bottom the line "20 unused": does that mean that for every SD card you can have only 20 tracks?

thank you

sc3ae
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:34 pm
GPS: 76Csx
Location: N 02*58.672 E 101*48.883 (kajang prima)
Contact:

Re: GPSmap 76CSx

#127 Post by sc3ae » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:59 am

any sifu here can help... after upgrade to latest firmware 3.90... once in a while my 76csx will automatically off when i try to route... it will go into the calculating screen and suddenly off without finishing the calculating... this week it happen 3 time already.

but after i re upgrade ..it will be okay for 2 or 3 day...

i think want to convert back to 3.70.. but dont have the file anymore... or can i hard reset it.. and then asked sifu bern to guide how to recover from the hard reset..

:prayer: :ko: tq

User avatar
bartmp8
Senior Mapper
Posts: 3088
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:35 pm
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
Location: Sandakan
Contact:

Re: GPSmap 76CSx

#128 Post by bartmp8 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:50 pm

build6 wrote:hi bernGPS,

thank you for your reply, appreciate it

got one more qn though - in your first screenshot, there is at bottom the line "20 unused": does that mean that for every SD card you can have only 20 tracks?

thank you
Sifu Bern on he way home for Gawai so let me help you:

The 20 left is the number of tracks stored in the unit (for trackback etc). It is not the SD memory left. The number of
tracks you can store in SD card is dependent on the size of your card. Most tracks are less than 100kb (GPX) and you
can fit 100's of tracks even for a 512MB card.

User avatar
deani77
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 547
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:00 am
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 42 (Navigation)
Location: Gua Musang, Kelantan
Contact:

Re: GPSmap 76CSx

#129 Post by deani77 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:52 pm

build6 wrote:hi bernGPS,

thank you for your reply, appreciate it

got one more qn though - in your first screenshot, there is at bottom the line "20 unused": does that mean that for every SD card you can have only 20 tracks?

thank you
That first screenshot refer to internal memory, not the SD card. For track save in the external memory you can use it back for track back (useful for off-road) and it limited to 20 only but for track kept in the SD card you can only retrieve it using computer and it only limited to size of your SD card.

cheerz... :mrgreen:

User avatar
bartmp8
Senior Mapper
Posts: 3088
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:35 pm
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
Location: Sandakan
Contact:

Re: GPSmap 76CSx

#130 Post by bartmp8 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm

sc3ae wrote:any sifu here can help... after upgrade to latest firmware 3.90... once in a while my 76csx will automatically off when i try to route... it will go into the calculating screen and suddenly off without finishing the calculating... this week it happen 3 time already.

but after i re upgrade ..it will be okay for 2 or 3 day...

i think want to convert back to 3.70.. but dont have the file anymore... or can i hard reset it.. and then asked sifu bern to guide how to recover from the hard reset..

:prayer: :ko: tq
I am not sure if it works the way you think it does. It is better to search the web and Garmin site for the firmware
before you do anything. Or try re update the latest firmware.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests