GPSmap 60CSx - Part 2

Discussions on Garmin eTrex, GPSMap60, GPSMap76, Rino & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

mnd_43
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: 6210 Navigator

Re: GPSmap 60CSx - Part 2

#21 Post by mnd_43 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:05 am

waynesimwenli wrote: I was wondering however, if those maps you were referring to contained topo information and if you knew of any free maps out there (i.e. without having to go through the hassle of purchasing an unlock code).

Thanks once again!
Do not know much about Mac n Roadtrips ... coz I believe 99.999 % here are using PC n Mapsource . Unlock Code here are free from $$$ ... U only have to pay your effort to get your new contributions information n contribute here ... about Topo not sure where is it but pls search under Topo n Members Map !

U can go to Garmin web site n :$gone: Garmin maps ... here is community maps used for
GARMIN gears ... of coz it is free !

:D
:D ... de 9W2BPN

waynesimwenli
GPS: GPSmap 60Csx
Tom Tom OneXL

#22 Post by waynesimwenli » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:37 pm

Hmm yes I realise that the primary focus of the MSM forum seems to be PC-centric. Thanks either ways.

I've just moved back from overseas and as such, I doubt I can contribute much in the way of anything new. I will look into it as an option in the future though =D

Thanks for all your help! It's much appreciated =)

topoguy
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin GPS 60 CSx

Garmin 60CSX missing software

#23 Post by topoguy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:59 am

Hello all,

yesterday I was in a state of panic after my 60csx nearly became a potato after a failed software upgrade (v3.70 to 3.90). it kept showing "software missing" and no amount of hard reset would revive it. panic because I am due to leave for Australia today.

I went to Premier GPS at 3rd Flr, Low Yat Plaza, KL. Mr Chai helped to revive the unit.

So guys, go to Premier and ask for Mr Chai if you have any problems. he's knowledegable, the other shops merely want to sell their units. Mr Chai can help.

hope this does not sound like a commercial plug for Premier :mrgreen:

p.s. I will report from Australia if the Open Source routabble really works.

topoguy
Regular
Regular

Re: Garmin 60CSX missing software

#24 Post by topoguy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:52 pm

woohoo! OSM Australia maps rocks! I took the taxi from Tullamarine Melbourne Airport and the GPS correctly showed the way to Park Hyatt in downtown Melbourne.

this weekend gonna rentacar to go to Kinglake NAtional Park. cool :mrgreen:

bernGPS
Senior Mapper
GPS: Garmin 10x, GPSmap78s (now become a lemon) & etrex Vista HCx

Re: Garmin 60CSX missing software

#25 Post by bernGPS » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:52 pm

topoguy wrote:woohoo! OSM Australia maps rocks! I took the taxi from Tullamarine Melbourne Airport and the GPS correctly showed the way to Park Hyatt in downtown Melbourne.

this weekend gonna rentacar to go to Kinglake NAtional Park. cool :mrgreen:
Enjoy your stay in Australia, Topo

topoguy
Regular
Regular

#26 Post by topoguy » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:18 pm

pictures of Boeing 767 inflight GPS compared to Garmin 60csx data

I didn't bother with the inflight movies and kept my self entertained with the GPS devices :mrgreen:
Attachments
Melb Aircraft GPS Makkah.JPG
Melb Aircraft GPS Route.JPG
Melb Aircraft GPS ETA.JPG
Melb GPS ETA.JPG
Melb GPS Trip Computer.JPG

topoguy
Regular
Regular

#27 Post by topoguy » Sat May 02, 2009 9:02 pm

I can confirm that OpenSource Maps Australia is accurate and works well.

I had no problem driving from Thrifty Car Rental's Melbourne office to Alexandra, about 130 km to the Northeast. Thrifty had a good deal, I wanted a Toyota Outlander, they upgraded me to a Ford Territory V6, with a free full tank of petrol and free tolls paid for travel on selected motorways. Along the way, I passed the Kinglake National Park which was ravaged by bushfires in February 2009. really sad to see the burnt out trees and homes.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/0 ... trali.html

My destination was a farmer's bed & breakfast where I had stayed some 12 years ago. You can check out the site here. http://www.australianbedandbreakfast.co ... ountry.htm

My kids really enjoyed seeing kangaroos in their natural state. They also learned that kangaroos become pests when they hop over farm fences and compete with cattle and sheep for grass.
Attachments
RMelb Idlewild Entrance.jpg

adilothman
Site Owner
Site Owner
GPS: GPS V,Colo 300, 60CSx, Forerunner 305 & 405, Oregon 300, Nuvi 255W, 1350, 1460, 3790, 62S

#28 Post by adilothman » Sun May 03, 2009 9:08 am

Topoguy,

I'm amazed that your 60CSx is still in mint condition! Unbelievable! Wait till you see mine .. grubby looking buttons, scratches .. Yours look like it just came out of the box!
Malsingmaps is now an official partner of Garmin to produce maps for MY, SG & Brunei.

topoguy
Regular
Regular

#29 Post by topoguy » Mon May 04, 2009 4:08 pm

adil,

your hobby is mountainbiking, no wonder your 60csx took a thrashing :mrgreen:

On my hiking trips, I put the 60csx in a Garmin case (original, RM90, ouch). I have dropped it on a couple occasions, and some buttons and the sidegrips showing signs of normal wear& tear.

PremierGPS says 60csx is still the GPS locator of choice, other new models such as Oregon and Colorado are more like lifestyle devices :thumbsup:

dirtdevil
GPS: Garmin 60csx

help with Garmin60CSX

#30 Post by dirtdevil » Fri May 08, 2009 9:33 pm

Hi guys, anyone knowa where i can get the whole outter case for the 60csx? Found a small hole on the antena. I think it got caught on a thorn. Is it possible to get just the antena cover? All in singapore. Thanks boys.