Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:39 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 27  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:27 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:10 am
Posts: 7
GPS: Garmin
kctvwow wrote:
Hi

i am fairly new to GPS so pardon me.

i am interested in buying a GARMIN GPSMAP 60CSX.
where will you all recommend?
best if its in Singapore.
or if anyone wants to part with their 60csx i dont mind a used set.

thank you.


Check out www.bestbuyelec.com. It sells the brand new Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx at S$369. It is even cheaper than the used units that are sold on the online gps forums. There are largely good reviews online on this company. Hope this helps


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:12 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:55 am
Posts: 28
GPS: GPSMap 60CSX
Hi Guys,
I've been away for a long time and have lost touch with the GPS Scene here in SG/MY. Can someone point me to the right direction on where to download the latest SG/MY map for use in my 60CSX please? Thank you.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:54 am 
Offline
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:37 pm
Posts: 2740
Location: Hougang, Sg
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
Shadowcat wrote:
Hi Guys,
I've been away for a long time and have lost touch with the GPS Scene here in SG/MY. Can someone point me to the right direction on where to download the latest SG/MY map for use in my 60CSX please? Thank you.


Try this: viewtopic.php?p=196464#p196464

_________________
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:51 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:55 am
Posts: 28
GPS: GPSMap 60CSX
Thanx Redstorm. Really appreciate it.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:04 pm 
Offline
Regular
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:26 pm
Posts: 96
Location: Central Singapore
GPS: 60csx, 3790T
Recently, I have been unable to access my 60csx in the Mass Storage Mode. I'm using Windows 7. Clicking on the microSD in My Computer causes My Computer to hang. Using a card reader does not work either. The microSD cannot be accessed using a Macbook either. The microSD is functioning normally outdoors with MSM, MFM and topo loaded.

Can anyone please tell me how I can transfer the tracks saved in my microSD to my computer?

_________________
A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:13 am 
Offline
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
Posts: 4825
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
psionsiena wrote:
Recently, I have been unable to access my 60csx in the Mass Storage Mode. I'm using Windows 7. Clicking on the microSD in My Computer causes My Computer to hang. Using a card reader does not work either. The microSD cannot be accessed using a Macbook either. The microSD is functioning normally outdoors with MSM, MFM and topo loaded.

Can anyone please tell me how I can transfer the tracks saved in my microSD to my computer?




It looks like you are faced with corruption of the SD card such that it drives your PC/Lappy crazy.

You have to find ways to salvage the gpx data through disk/card utilities to fix the bad sector / fat....

Try a different card reader ...

Try F-Recovery for SD, a program that could recover data ...


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:37 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:55 am
Posts: 28
GPS: GPSMap 60CSX
Sorry guys. I downloaded the map but its an .exe format? I'm using Mac and it can't run .exe file Is the an already unzipped map for use? Thank you. Sorry for the trouble. Oh by the way, why is it that upon starting up the 60CSX, the screen fades away and it shuts down? I already re-installed the software using the Garmin WebUpdater. Any ideas anyone?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:42 pm 
Offline
Senior Mapper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:35 pm
Posts: 3021
Location: Sandakan
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
Shadowcat wrote:
Sorry guys. I downloaded the map but its an .exe format? I'm using Mac and it can't run .exe file Is the an already unzipped map for use? Thank you. Sorry for the trouble. Oh by the way, why is it that upon starting up the 60CSX, the screen fades away and it shuts down? I already re-installed the software using the Garmin WebUpdater. Any ideas anyone?


If you are referring to the mapsource installer file, its for PC. Are you using Basecamp for Mac?

Regarding the fading screen, are you using new alkaline batteries?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:41 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:55 am
Posts: 28
GPS: GPSMap 60CSX
No i'm not using Basecamp for Mac...what is that?
Yes i am using alkaline battery. if without the micro sd card with the old Malsingmp stored in it, the gps will start up fine. only when got microsd card then the thing happen.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:05 pm 
Offline
Qualified Mapper
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 10:07 am
Posts: 964
Location: Seberang Jerteh, Besut...
GPS: Garmin 60CSx + GA25MCX
Shadowcat wrote:
No i'm not using Basecamp for Mac...what is that?
Yes i am using alkaline battery. if without the micro sd card with the old Malsingmp stored in it, the gps will start up fine. only when got microsd card then the thing happen.



- Try format your micro sdcard...
- Download the latest map from here http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=196464#p196464
- Create a folder called Garmin from the root of your SDCard
- Extract gmapsupp.img from the zip file & copy to [SDCard]\Garmin\


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 27  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group