Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:48 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:33 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: 60CSx, Nuvi760, 2465LM
SilverBeauty wrote:
Chek, first try a different SD card

Thanks, SilverBeauty, I forgot to mention that I have also used another card, re-formatted it and results are the same. Funny thing is if no card is inserted, the set is fine.

Initially everything was fine until I connected the set to the Garmin Webupdater and before connection was established, I deleted the POI folder on the card and somehow the set hung and after restarting, this beeping problem starts. As I am using Mac, thought some hidden Mac files on the card could have caused the problem and thus had also deleted them using a Windows system. :cry:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:46 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
chek wrote:
SilverBeauty wrote:

Thanks, SilverBeauty, I forgot to mention that I have also used another card, re-formatted it and results are the same. Funny thing is if no card is inserted, the set is fine.

Initially everything was fine until I connected the set to the Garmin Webupdater and before connection was established, I deleted the POI folder on the card and somehow the set hung and after restarting, this beeping problem starts. As I am using Mac, thought some hidden Mac files on the card could have caused the problem and thus had also deleted them using a Windows system. :cry:

Shine a torch at SD contacts and check for shorts ...
Try a virgin SD card ... I read somethere that firmware version below 4.0 have this problem when using Mac / Linux

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:51 pm 
Expert Tracker
Expert Tracker

GPS: Nuvi 205, 60CSx
Just got my new 60CSx. The software is 4.20. But the web side latest version is 4.0. :-k :-?

Attachments:
garmin 60csx.JPG
garmin 60csx.JPG [ 41.66 KiB | Viewed 1246 times ]
60csx.JPG
60csx.JPG [ 26.58 KiB | Viewed 1246 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:20 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: 60CSx, Nuvi760, 2465LM
chek wrote:
SilverBeauty wrote:

Hi guys, problem finally solved - it was due to the Mac hidden files created on the card when a Mac is used. Simply delete these files on a Windows system and the 60Csx is as good as new. :D

Also found the following from GPSFAQs.org which confirmed the issue:

"This family of products (60Csx) contains a defect in the shutodown code that seems to be intermittently triggerd by mounting the product or its SD card on a Mac or Linux system. The presence of files starting with a dot on the GPS seems to cause it to crash when shutting down."

Fortunately, the newer GPS are not affected by these hidden files created and I have been using a Mac to update map files on my 760 and lately, the 2465 and have not encountered any problem. O:)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:27 am 
Senior Mapper

GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30
chek wrote:
Hi guys, problem finally solved - it was due to the Mac hidden files created on the card when a Mac is used. Simply delete these files on a Windows system and the 60Csx is as good as new. :D

"This family of products (60Csx) contains a defect in the shutodown code that seems to be intermittently triggerd by mounting the product or its SD card on a Mac or Linux system. The presence of files starting with a dot on the GPS seems to cause it to crash when shutting down."

Fortunately, the newer GPS are not affected by these hidden files created and I have been using a Mac to update map files on my 760 and lately, the 2465 and have not encountered any problem. O:)

:tq: Bro Chek,

Good info.

Unfortunately in this world today when dealing with equipment or software with a legacy trail, it is less problematic not to use a MAC.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:02 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
chek wrote:

:good: Good News :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:12 pm 

GPS: Garmin 60csx
Hi,
Anyone know where to buy this for replacement ?
Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:21 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
Check with ebay and see if there are Dummy Cases for sale. You might be able to salvage parts for it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:47 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30
FZLeong wrote:
Hi,
Anyone know where to buy this for replacement ?
Thanks.

It appears to me that this does not look like a load-bearing part but more like a protective casing.

If I am right, as long as you have all the broken bits, while it is ideal if you can buy a replacement but as a last resort, the bits can easily be reattached with cyanoacrylate adhesive (superglue)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:49 am 
Senior Mapper

GPS: Garmin 10x, GPSmap78s (now become a lemon) & etrex Vista HCx
yaulim88 wrote:
Just got my new 60CSx. The software is 4.20. But the web side latest version is 4.0. :-k :-?

Back to the future?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next