Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:54 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Garmin GPSmap 60CSx
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:42 pm 
Qualified Mapper

GPS: 60CSx, CO300, Garmin GA25MCX antenna, Nuvi 1460, Nuvi 650, Pink Nuvi 200 (BH)
I have an sos on 60Csx here. I know this have been mentioned before, but when I need it, I can't find the specific post by Adil.

I want to install MSM Borneo in the memory of my 60CSx and MSM MySin in its storage card. I have uploaded the MSM Borneo into my 60CSx using Mapsource. But now it only read in the Borneo maps from its memory but not the MSM MySin maps from from the storage card. I think the MySin img file in the storage card cannot be named gmapsupp.img anymore. That's the part that I can't recall.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:44 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: 6210 Navigator
BanBan wrote:
I have an sos on 60Csx here. I know this have been mentioned before, but when I need it, I can't find the specific post by Adil.

I want to install MSM Borneo in the memory of my 60CSx and MSM MySin in its storage card. I have uploaded the MSM Borneo into my 60CSx using Mapsource. But now it only read in the Borneo maps from its memory but not the MSM MySin maps from from the storage card. I think the MySin img file in the storage card cannot be named gmapsupp.img anymore. That's the part that I can't recall.

AFAIK 60 CSx dont have any internal memory for adding maps ( if possible just want to share :) )
... Its memory only depends on the SD card !
n it also only can have gmapsupp n gmapbmap only ... correct me if I m wrong !
... why dont u load both maps via mapsource n then select desired maps using setup map ?
map page > menu > setup map > enter > menu > show / hide map .... > enter

:D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:52 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: Garmin 10x, GPSmap78s (now become a lemon) & etrex Vista HCx
mnd_43 wrote:

AFAIK 60 CSx dont have any internal memory for adding maps ( if possible just want to share :) )
... why dont u load both maps via mapsource n then select desired maps using setup map ?

You are perfectly right digger. There is no internal memory on the 60CSx and you should load both maps into the memory card using mapsource. 60CSx only recognise gmapsupp

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:14 pm 
Qualified Mapper

GPS: 60CSx, CO300, Garmin GA25MCX antenna, Nuvi 1460, Nuvi 650, Pink Nuvi 200 (BH)
mnd_43 wrote:

Yes, I have been doing this by combining the maps into a single img and place it in the storage card. I am just exploring new way and also to have the Borneo and MySin maps separate. I do not have to update Borneo maps as regular as MySin.

60CSx can read gmapsupp AND gmapbmap or EITHER gmapsupp or gmapbmap? There is a big difference here.
bernGPS wrote:
You are perfectly right digger. There is no internal memory on the 60CSx and you should load both maps into the memory card using mapsource. 60CSx only recognise gmapsupp

Now my unit is loading only Borneo map pushed using Mapsource. It is not reading gmapsupp on the storage card anymore. How can I make it read gmapsupp from the storage card like before if this experiment does not achieve my objective?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:28 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: 6210 Navigator
BanBan wrote:
60CSx can read gmapsupp AND gmapbmap or EITHER gmapsupp or gmapbmap? There is a big difference here.

Just done some simple test ... confirm 60Csx doesnt accept gmapbmap ! Just dont know why my vendor
installed gmapbmap in my unit ... BTW the basemap was factory built-in internally ... !
BanBan wrote:
How can I make it read gmapsupp from the storage card like before if this experiment does not achieve my objective?

Just dont know in the first place how u did that ?
I m afraid u have turns your unit to GPSMAP 60 CS ...

:)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:54 pm 
Senior Mapper

BanBan wrote:
Now my unit is loading only Borneo map pushed using Mapsource. It is not reading gmapsupp on the storage card anymore. How can I make it read gmapsupp from the storage card like before if this experiment does not achieve my objective?

There is only one place to store a map in a 60CSx BanBan, ie the memory card. I am afraid your MySin gmapsupp.img on the memory card has ben over written when you load the Borneo map through Mapsource.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:08 am 
Qualified Mapper

bernGPS wrote:
There is only one place to store a map in a 60CSx BanBan, ie the memory card. I am afraid your MySin gmapsupp.img on the memory card has ben over written when you load the Borneo map through Mapsource.

I produced a new gmapsupp.img for MySin v3.05 from the MSM installer and overwrote the img already in the storage card. Indeed the unit loaded this new img. My unit is back to normal. Looks like I just have to produce the latest Borneo maps only I am going over so that I would be tracking using the latest map. There is no other way about it since I do not want to load the combination of MySin and Borneo img into the unit at every update.

This little trial have iterated the fact that 60CSx only read one map, one gmapsupp.img that has to reside in the storage card. I must have wrongly recalled Adil's post. He most probably was talking about a nuvi.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:06 am 
Senior Mapper

BanBan wrote:
I produced a new gmapsupp.img for MySin v3.05 from the MSM installer and overwrote the img already in the storage card. Indeed the unit loaded this new img. My unit is back to normal. Looks like I just have to produce the latest Borneo maps only I am going over so that I would be tracking using the latest map. There is no other way about it since I do not want to load the combination of MySin and Borneo img into the unit at every update.

This little trial have iterated the fact that 60CSx only read one map, one gmapsupp.img that has to reside in the storage card. I must have wrongly recalled Adil's post. He most probably was talking about a nuvi.

Dunno when was the last time Adil used a 60csX :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:41 am 
Qualified Mapper

bernGPS wrote:
dUNNO WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME aDIL USED A 60csX :mrgreen:

Yeah. He has a long list of gps receivers. It is hard to say which one is his favourite. I always like to see a photo of him with all his gpsr taken whenever a reporter interview him about gps usage in Malaysia. Some of the gpsr he has are museum pieces.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:55 am 
Senior Mapper

BanBan wrote:
Yeah. He has a long list of gps receivers. It is hard to say which one is his favourite. I always like to see a photo of him with all his gpsr taken whenever a reporter interview him about gps usage in Malaysia. Some of the gpsr he has are museum pieces.

I just got my hand on a museum piece, A Trimble Ensign. Unfortunate, it is no longer in working order.

Attachments:
TrimbleEnsign.jpg
TrimbleEnsign.jpg [ 24.38 KiB | Viewed 326 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 27  Next