NT Map on Vista Cx - POI search issue

Discussions on Garmin eTrex, GPSMap60, GPSMap76, Rino & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

alanchia67
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Vista Cx
S'pore-R 3.97
Malsing NT5.27

NT Map on Vista Cx - POI search issue

#1 Post by alanchia67 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:14 pm

Since hearing the news regarding our own cgps map version will be replaced with the official NT map supplied by Garmin by end of year, I've reluctantly give the NT a try on my old trusty Vista Cx.

The map works fine, and in fact I preferred the color scheme of the map drawing in NT.

But I have problem regarding searching for POI. On my Vista Cx, while in All POI screen I could press the Search/Menu button on the side to bring up a dialog box for searching "Find By Name", "Nearest Containing" or "Change Reference". This has been the way I look for POIs using the cgps map. But with the NT map, pressing the same button shows "Nearest Containing" and "Change Reference" only. The menu item "Find By Name" is missing. Thus I am unable to search for any POI using the NT map on my Vista Cx.

Any clue how shall I go about this? I'm already using the latest firmware for Vista Cx.
Last edited by alanchia67 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

wsian
Site Admin
Site Admin
GPS: SIRFstar III

Re: NT Map on Vista Cx - POI search issue

#2 Post by wsian » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:10 pm

NT 2010.20 works best for nuvi.
For handheld series, please test out NT 2009.40

alanchia67
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Vista Cx
S'pore-R 3.97
Malsing NT5.27

Re: NT Map on Vista Cx - POI search issue

#3 Post by alanchia67 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:17 am

Still dont see "Find By Name" with 2009.40 NT.

Need to clarify, the "Nearest Containing" will bring up keyboard but it's unable to search (or seems to search for a long time with no result) location not within where I am in. Unlike the "Find By Name" which results comes up almost immediately.

If I am unable to use NT maps and when cgps map is no longer made available by end of year, seems like I wont be actively participating - unless I have a new gps like everyone else here.