Newbie needs help with Garmin Montana

Discussions on Garmin eTrex, GPSMap60, GPSMap76, Rino & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

cookienmax
GPS: Garmin Montana 650

Newbie needs help with Garmin Montana

#1 Post by cookienmax » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:42 am

Hello All,
I am new here. I have been using Garmin handheld units on my motorcycle for many years, currently I am running OEM Garmin SEA map on my Montana 650 which is download directly to the unit from Garmin website. I also run a SLA version of Singapore/Malaysia map on micro SD card in my unit as a backup. Recently I contacted EastGear to buy a updated version but they don't sell this anymore, nor do any retail shops in Singapore for that matter. I travel regularly to Malaysia and Thailand on my bike and would like to be able to up my maps up to date, and don't mind paying for it if I have to. Can anyone advise me how to go about this? Thanks in advance.

Alan

ace
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)

Re: Newbie needs help with Garmin Montana

#2 Post by ace » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi..

Updating the map should be relatively hassle free provided your unit is not complicated and have a SD card slot (which you did mentioned you have).

So.. first stop is to go to this link viewtopic.php?p=207970#p207970 which will take you to the post where the latest map is in an already ready to use stage... you have to follow the simple instruction to do put it in the SD card.

If you need further visual assistance, there in a link in that post that will take you to the Pitstop part of our web where some instructions and youtube video is available to guide you...

If all that fails, please come back...and we will do the our very best to assist. :mrgreen:
I don't have free fish......

cookienmax

#3 Post by cookienmax » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:53 pm

Thank you for your help! Will follow your suggestion. Regards...

cookienmax

#4 Post by cookienmax » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:31 am

Hello Ace,
Just to feedback, I tried downloading maps to a spare micro SD card and tested it on my Montana 650 - It works! Thank You.

ace
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)

#5 Post by ace » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:48 pm

Hello cookienmax,

You are most welcome.. :D

Thanks for the feedback!... :thumbsup:
I don't have free fish......