GPSmap 96C

Discussions on Garmin eTrex, GPSMap60, GPSMap76, Rino & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

cliffloh
GPS: 96C

GPSmap 96C

#1 Post by cliffloh » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:46 pm

I have a Garmin GPSMAP 96C for Aviation. Can anyone please help me to explain how I can upload MalSing Maps into this model?

The city maps I downloaded here are all in .img extension. This is not supported by my GPS. Can anyone advise me how I can upload it to my Garmin GPS unit?

I have been searching this forum for many days but there is no discussion on this. Please help.

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

Re: Uploading MalSing maps to Garmin GPSMAP 96C

#2 Post by bartmp8 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:53 pm

cliffloh wrote:I have a Garmin GPSMAP 96C for Aviation. Can anyone please help me to explain how I can upload MalSing Maps into this model?

The city maps I downloaded here are all in .img extension. This is not supported by my GPS. Can anyone advise me how I can upload it to my Garmin GPS unit?

I have been searching this forum for many days but there is no discussion on this. Please help.

Have you tried loading maps via Mapsource?

cliffloh

#3 Post by cliffloh » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:58 pm

bartmp8 wrote:
cliffloh wrote:I have a Garmin GPSMAP 96C for Aviation. Can anyone please help me to explain how I can upload MalSing Maps into this model?

I tried Mapsource and it only allows me to open file extensions with .gdb, .mps, .gpx and .loc
It just cannot open maps with .img extensions - it says that it is not a valid Mapsource file.

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

#4 Post by bartmp8 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:03 pm

cliffloh wrote:
bartmp8 wrote:
I tried Mapsource and it only allows me to open file extensions with .gdb, .mps, .gpx and .loc
It just cannot open maps with .img extensions - it says that it is not a valid Mapsource file.
You use M3 to load img files into Mapsource and load from there. For Malsing, use the GM Mysin and GM Borneo
Installers to load maps into Mapsource.

cliffloh

#5 Post by cliffloh » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:15 am

You use M3 to load img files into Mapsource and load from there. For Malsing, use the GM Mysin and GM Borneo
Installers to load maps into Mapsource.[/quote]

Thanks for the help! I have finally got it working :thumbsup:

bum99my
GPS: none

GPSMAP 96C

#6 Post by bum99my » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me where I can get a unit of the GPSMAP 96C in Malaysia or Singapore? I would like it to be preloaded with Pacific Navigation database (aviation use). Also estimated its cost.

Thank you all.

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

Re: GPSMAP 96C

#7 Post by SilverBeauty » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:34 pm

Wa this model has been around since 2005. Shape of the 76csx.
Try calling allbright sin www.all bright.com.sg and see if they can help you

bum99my
GPS: none

Re: GPSMAP 96C

#8 Post by bum99my » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:35 am

SilverBeauty wrote:Wa this model has been around since 2005. Shape of the 76csx.
Try calling allbright sin http://www.all bright.com.sg and see if they can help you
thank you for the reply silverbeauty.

yup, it's an old model. i am trying to find a portable gps unit for aviation use. i tried garmin us site, even they don't have one. they advised me to search around. they have the database though. the alternate models are way too expensive for personal use. they have lots of models for maritime use.....

looks like ebay is the way to go. :D