GPSmap 60CSx

Discussions on Garmin eTrex, GPSMap60, GPSMap76, Rino & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

SatelLite
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Garmin 60CSx; Nuvi 300 (TTS); TyTN II (Mapking R12)

Re: 60CSx still best all round value

#41 Post by SatelLite » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:29 am

terch wrote:however do remember that it is only a guide, use common sense, not all roads here in Oz are suitable for 2WDs esp in winter #-o :)
I agree with this. Please don't blindly follow the TTS. Use your own eyes and judgement. :good:
Celebrating what's right with the world.

afauzims
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: 10Xt & MxT, nUvI_765_Asian and 60cSx_AP

Re: 60csx hiccups?

#42 Post by afauzims » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:02 pm

divemuster wrote:In the Garmin site under FAQ, it was mentioned that the largest memory storage card usable is 2GB BUT the units are not compatible with SanDisk Ultra-II microSDs. It was not mentioned why but it could be the speed of the microSDs. Not all storage cards are the same eg. r/w speed and this could be a problem that you are having i.e. a matter of microSD card incompatibility. Why not switch back to the 64MB microSD and see if the same problems occur.

Also as Bro Mohicans mentioned, check the seating of the microSD. Could be just a contact problem.
Thanks for the feed back,
Try to change back to original SanDisk 64 mb MicroSD
Uncheck all maps except KL Map
Format the MicroSD
Resetting the device.

Still the problem persist. :ko:

Will try using only the base map & see what will happen.

Then my last resort,
Contact Garmin and ask for solution….. :$gone:

Yzf
GPS: 60Csx

#43 Post by Yzf » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:30 pm

I am still considered as a new user of 60csx. So far only used it once for a trip to Selangor.
I have encountered 3 'malfunction' during this usage.

1. The 60Csx power off by itself while calculating the next best route.
2. Twice the calculation keep on repeating. (I think might be due to the moving vehicle :-k )

I have seen some comments about loading a newer version map and noticed a similar problem somewhere #-o

I am using a 1G kingston Micro SD.

Anyone else have the same problem?

afauzims
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: 10Xt & MxT, nUvI_765_Asian and 60cSx_AP

#44 Post by afauzims » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:02 pm

My observation is every time I drove to test the unit, the maps blank and the unit hangs at the same location. Anyway I have e mail Garmin about these matter and hope to get a solution from them. :cry:

scoobygl
Regular
Regular
GPS: Nuvi 300, Etax Legend.

Re: 60CSx still best all round value

#45 Post by scoobygl » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:18 pm

farulg wrote:
scoobygl wrote:will there be a upgrade of the 60 using the HCX chip??? thinking of getting a handheld as my legend do not support Malsing map.
The way I understand it, the 60CSx/Cx uses the SiRFStar III chipset, while the lower end Etrex HCx series uses a cheaper equivalent from MTK. The HCX chipset isn't exactly an upgrade, just a cheaper high sensitivity receiver.

Hi, Thanks for the info,

nyayok
GPS: nokia 6110 & Garmin Vista HCX

60CSx or 76CSx ?

#46 Post by nyayok » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:06 pm

Hello, i intend to buy garmin 60CSx or 76CSx. Any major diff. between two gps?

waypoint
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Trimble Ensign.Foretrex 101/401.Etrex H/Vista HCx.Nuvi 255W/205.NOKIA E72.iPad 64GB 3G.

Re: 60CSx or 76CSx ?

#47 Post by waypoint » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:08 pm

Form factor different and that the 76 series floats.
"Heroes are born when bullets fly, when the earth explodes, when cannons roar, When Trumpets Fade."

mohicans
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: GPSmap60csx & External Antenna(Track&Nav),Nokia E90+GMXT(Nav&Track)

Some Tracking problems....!!..with 60csx

#48 Post by mohicans » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:07 am

Hi guys!!I have encountered this problem recently..I believe its common problem..that maybe Im not aware off.

Case : Everytime involving long hours of tracking(approximately 2-10hours)the previous tracks are missing.For your info I have set the tracklogs setting to max!!ie 800km.(Zoom).What's left is only the Poi's but those tracks are gone!!!
Even I traced it via storage card ie the gpx file..nil!!This really pists me off!!Time wasted on those 'new tracks' and...its gone.

Case : Is it because of the changing of batteries process/switching it off the unit...or something else.

Could anyone out there assist me on this??..please.

Thank you!!
"Actus Non Facit Reum Nisi Mens Sit Rea".."An Act Of A Person Does Not Make Himself Guilty Of A Crime Unless His Mind Be Also Guilty"(Les Legum Beclarius-LLb)

trajet2b
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: 60CSx, 10X, Nuvi3597LMT, Kenwood DNX9170S

Re: Some Tracking problems....!!..with 60csx

#49 Post by trajet2b » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:19 am

mohicans wrote:Hi guys!!I have encountered this problem recently..I believe its common problem..that maybe Im not aware off.

Case : Everytime involving long hours of tracking(approximately 2-10hours)the previous tracks are missing.For your info I have set the tracklogs setting to max!!ie 800km.(Zoom).What's left is only the Poi's but those tracks are gone!!!
Even I traced it via storage card ie the gpx file..nil!!This really pists me off!!Time wasted on those 'new tracks' and...its gone.

Case : Is it because of the changing of batteries process/switching it off the unit...or something else.

Could anyone out there assist me on this??..please.

Thank you!!
bro do not panic lah. What you see is tracks in internal memory. This is limited to 10K pts only.
I would assumed you have checked [Log Track To Data Card]. All your tracks will be in your mSD card.

Connect your 60CSx to your PC. Change your 60Csx interface to [USB Mass Storage]
You can see all your gpx files.
copy all your gpx file into your PC. the tracks are named by YYYYMMDD.gpx format.

Note: switching off or removing battery will not erase tracks in internal memory.

mohicans
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: GPSmap60csx & External Antenna(Track&Nav),Nokia E90+GMXT(Nav&Track)

Re: Some Tracking problems....!!..with 60csx

#50 Post by mohicans » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:36 am

Bro Trajet..Chohsan lohsai!!Thank you for the prompt response.Im ok/aware of such processes..thank you..but whats freaking me out is the moment I transferred those gpx file to desktop & open it..other records ok only that area not in!!
Case scenario :I was cruising Old Bentung road-Bukit Tinggi-Even Bentung Town..but when checked only Bukit Tinggi Tracklogs missing!! :cry:
Pls see the enclosed gpx file transferred from Unit.Thanks bro!! :thumbsup:
Attachments
20070902.zip
(122.82 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
"Actus Non Facit Reum Nisi Mens Sit Rea".."An Act Of A Person Does Not Make Himself Guilty Of A Crime Unless His Mind Be Also Guilty"(Les Legum Beclarius-LLb)